Just a question guys..I was wondering whether the founders of Crackberry or its Ceo are aware of any possible updates about our bb10 os..and in general, if they are in some ways in contact with BlackBerry concerning any future previsions about our Os and if they know what will happen after 31 December..

Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    04-12-19 12:42 PM
    Just a question guys..I was wondering whether the founders of Crackberry or its Ceo are aware of any possible updates about our bb10 os..and in general, if they are in some ways in contact with BlackBerry concerning any future previsions about our Os and if they know what will happen after 31 December..

....Editor, which is Bla1ze - If he did, he'd have told us.

BlackBerry has told us, what they want us to know. EOL means there will be no future previsions. Might get one update to remove some dependence, but there won't be any improvements or new features.

They have stated that devices will work... but how well is anyone's guess or speculation at this point.
    04-12-19 01:40 PM
    you owe me a nickel
    howarmat, thurask and ppeters914 like this.
    04-12-19 03:32 PM
    If anyone found there was honestly going to be an update, it would not be kept a secret.
    04-12-19 04:10 PM
    It's not in BB's best interests to spend any money on BB10 (and ANY update would require spending development and support money), which is why BB announced official EOL for the end of the year and that various services can be discontinued at any time before or after EOL, with BB World being scheduled for shutdown on 12/31/2019.

You are welcome to use BB10 for as long as it works for you, but you shouldn't expect BB to do anything to prolong it on their end - from their point of view, the sooner they can wash their hands of the whole thing, the better their situation will be. That's not a criticism of the OS itself, but rather the business realities that trying to support a third mobile platform nearly bankrupted the company.

If there was some magical "better answer", it would be front page news around here, but there won't be any such "better answer."
    app_Developer and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-12-19 06:47 PM
    It's not in BB's best interests to spend any money on BB10 (and ANY update would require spending development and support money), which is why BB announced official EOL for the end of the year and that various services can be discontinued at any time before or after EOL, with BB World being scheduled for shutdown on 12/31/2019.

You are welcome to use BB10 for as long as it works for you, but you shouldn't expect BB to do anything to prolong it on their end - from their point of view, the sooner they can wash their hands of the whole thing, the better their situation will be. That's not a criticism of the OS itself, but rather the business realities that trying to support a third mobile platform nearly bankrupted the company.

If there was some magical "better answer", it would be front page news around here, but there won't be any such "better answer."
    You’ve don’t it again Troy with that blasted reality check. Somewhere tonight, in BB10 land, a sad leprechaun sitting on a unicorn just shed a tear...
    04-12-19 07:14 PM
    You’ve don’t it again Troy with that blasted reality check. Somewhere tonight, in BB10 land, a sad leprechaun sitting on a unicorn just shed a tear...
    Ever since the Pot of Gold geocaching app upgraded to require Google Play Services, even the leprechauns have had to pack up and move to Android land.
    04-12-19 08:19 PM
    Ever since the Pot of Gold geocaching app upgraded to require Google Play Services, even the leprechauns have had to pack up and move to Android land.
    I’m picturing the unicorn pulling wagon trains resembling Snow White Type coaches
    04-12-19 08:21 PM
    Guard the secret of the leprecorn, lest they come for us!
    john_v likes this.
    04-12-19 10:23 PM

You can read this also: /blackberry-10-os-f269/can-we-believe-alex-thurber-1164166/#post13353979
    04-13-19 10:29 AM
    Maybe I was not able to explain myself properly. This thread was more inhrent to any possibile relation between the editor of Crackberry and BlackBerry concerning updates and future plans about bb10. For example, when the news about Alex Thurber and a possible very last update of bb10 appeared on a German website..in those cases..can Crackberry's editor call Alex Thurber and ask for a clarification about that statement? Are there connections or relations between our Editor and BlackBerry? This topic is of interest to me..not only the update itself.

CrackPriv likes this.
    04-14-19 06:49 AM
    Maybe I was not able to explain myself properly. This thread was more inhrent to any possibile relation between the editor of Crackberry and BlackBerry concerning updates and future plans about bb10. For example, when the news about Alex Thurber and a possible very last update of bb10 appeared on a German website..in those cases..can Crackberry's editor call Alex Thurber and ask for a clarification about that statement? Are there connections or relations between our Editor and BlackBerry? This topic is of interest to me..not only the update itself.

Some relationships exist, sure.

Going on the record with Crackberry is still very different from some off the cuff remark to some obscure German reporter.
    04-14-19 08:33 AM

Are there connections or relations.... yes, in fact a number of BlackBerry software developers post here (no they can't or won't say).

But what anyone knows and what anyone is free to say... is spelled out in their employment contracts. Even if Kevin or Blaze knows someone that knows something - they wouldn't be free to say, until that person released them.

But I expect that right now not even BlackBerry is 100% sure on what they will shutdown and what they will leave on. Proable have a number of contingency based on userbase numbers and where they are....
    04-15-19 11:50 AM
    Some relationships exist, sure.

Going on the record with Crackberry is still very different from some off the cuff remark to some obscure German reporter.
    Sorry man, who are you to call the journalist obscure? If I was on his position I would be a bit pissed off....
    04-15-19 12:55 PM
    Sorry man, who are you to call the journalist obscure? If I was on his position I would be a bit pissed off....
    Is he someone?

I looked at his twitter account... doesn't seem to be a mainstream writer. Most here aren't in Germany.

Reality is usually if someone at BlackBerry has something to say... everyone in the meida gets it or at least picks it up. That some puts the story out, and no one picked it up... kinda makes it "unclear, uncertain, unknown, in doubt, doubtful, dubious, mysterious, hazy, vague, indeterminate, concealed, hidden"
    howarmat and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    04-15-19 01:15 PM
    Well then it's good for both of us that you're not.
    04-15-19 01:42 PM
    Will, neither the journalist nor the paper seems especially obscure. I find it really hard to believe he just came up with it from nowhere and got it published.
    04-15-19 01:53 PM
    Is he someone?

I looked at his twitter account... doesn't seem to be a mainstream writer. Most here aren't in Germany.

Reality is usually if someone at BlackBerry has something to say... everyone in the meida gets it or at least picks it up. That some puts the story out, and no one picked it up... kinda makes it "unclear, uncertain, unknown, in doubt, doubtful, dubious, mysterious, hazy, vague, indeterminate, concealed, hidden"
    Well, why then CB Kevin or Blatze do not enquire directly BB?
    04-15-19 01:54 PM
    How do you know they haven't?
    04-15-19 02:49 PM
    How do you know they haven't?
    Can you prove they did it?
    04-15-19 03:22 PM
    Can you prove they did it?
    I wasn't stating a fact, just pointing out that your question is as speculative as mine.
    04-15-19 03:51 PM
    Only way to know... is ask them. You can PM (message) both of them.

But I expect that they have asked a few time, as it is something many here want to know. And if they have an answer, they'd have shared it (if they could).

Don't blame CrackBerry or anyone here for not having the answers you seek.
    04-15-19 03:56 PM