What do you want to see in BlackBerry 10 devices? I want an awesome browser and amazing battery life for starters.

What do you want? Great apps? Speed? Cool accessories? Let us know!!
    04-27-12 08:31 AM
    I want to see BB10 devices rule them all. So the complete total package to get us satisfied.
    Guatiao likes this.
    04-27-12 08:34 AM
    a phone that doesnt need rebooting when i download or update an app.
    The ability to sync my phone contacts and calender with the native ones on my pb.
    Skype and netflix , just because im wondering what people will complain about then.
    npisano, Guatiao and BionicKris like this.
    04-27-12 08:37 AM
    I actually just posted about this in another topic lol. I want to see a LOT of native functionality. A friend of mine just switched to Android from a 8530 and he keeps asking if there's an app for this or that. Most of the things he asks me about, Android does natively and he just hadn't figured out how it works yet. It's a lot of stuff that I had taken for granted! But it got me thinking that if BB10 had tons of native functionality they could use that as an advertising opportunity, like "With BB10, you DON'T NEED an app for that!" I think RIM should research into the most downloaded apps across all platforms and bake those features into the OS (avoiding patents, of course).
    04-27-12 08:56 AM
    Great battery life is essential, even if it means making the phone a bit thicker or heavier. Even though some of us are getting good battery life with the 99xx phones, plenty of people aren't. This mistake shouldn't be repeated.

The popular apps should be present. They're popular because they have proven themselves and they should be regarded as essential features.

The UI should be as fluid and enjoyable as WP currently is, but without sacrificing BB's ability to let the user tailor it to his/her own requirements. Notification options should be better than what BBOS currently offers, for example, not merely just as good.

The all-touch BB10 should have either Swype or something similar as a baked-in option. Users should have options in how they interact with the device. And font family and size options shouldn't go away, for the same reason.

There should be a full-fledged web interface and cloud service, comparable to what the old SideKick offered years ago, but more powerful of course. With my SideKick, I could log onto any computer, bring up the Desktop Interface, and do anything with my calendar, to-do lists, notes, contacts, email, etc., and everything I did was synced to my device in seconds. If I lost or broke my SideKick, I could buy a replacement and as soon as it was activated everything would flow back into the phone wirelessly, including my auto-text abbreviations and even browser bookmarks. BB10 needs to bring this, putting it ahead of the competition.
    04-27-12 08:59 AM
    There should be a full-fledged web interface and cloud service, comparable to what the old SideKick offered years ago, but more powerful of course. With my SideKick, I could log onto any computer, bring up the Desktop Interface, and do anything with my calendar, to-do lists, notes, contacts, email, etc., and everything I did was synced to my device in seconds. If I lost or broke my SideKick, I could buy a replacement and as soon as it was activated everything would flow back into the phone wirelessly, including my auto-text abbreviations and even browser bookmarks. BB10 needs to bring this, putting it ahead of the competition.
    YES!!! Just as long as personal data wasn't SOLELY tied to this, so if the server goes down one loses EVERYTHING like in the Great Sidekick Outage of October 2nd 2009.
    04-27-12 09:05 AM
    Smooth and Speedy, with lots of screen and a physical keyboard.
    Guatiao likes this.
    04-27-12 09:07 AM
    I want whatever it takes to get the "experts" to say not only is it exciting and new but it also surpasses (leapfrogs) the competition with every app available.
    BerryDiva likes this.
    04-27-12 09:08 AM
    I want something that can last all day long with good use. I want all of the functionality I get with my 9900: BBM, BIS connectivity option so providers can still offer international Blackberry plans to it and it can be efficient when used there, excellent notifications, and apps that open quickly.

I also want a great screen, video and audio programs that you can watch or listen then stop and close they remember where you were at last. Would like some cross platform video chat apps. A virtual keyboard that is usable on the smaller screen. Maybe a miniature bluetooth keyboard accessory for if you want to set it up like a mini PC. A dock that has USB ports, HDMI or mini Display Port for use it as a PC or presentation device. Partnerships with rich content providers.
    04-27-12 09:22 AM
    I want to see the big apps available, especially those 2 everyone mentions.

A native cloud service would be great.

4 - 4 1/2" touchscreen.

Fast browser.

No need for battery pulls, no lag or hourglass.

LTE capable

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Last edited by lak611; 04-27-12 at 09:55 AM.
    04-27-12 09:29 AM
    I would like the BB10 phones to have all the capabilities of my Playbook with a phone tossed in to the works. Any more is a bonus as far as my mobile phone needs are concerned.
    This shouldn't be difficult to achieve.
    The apps will come when the device is a sucess
    04-27-12 09:32 AM
    I want a full touchscreen at least 4-4.65 inches. The resolution must be at least 1280x720.

I want battery life that can last all day without a charge with moderate-heavy use.

I want the OS to be super smooth and manage memory properly.

I want all the apps every other platform gets (the main ones). Especially the apps I use.

Fast browser, I don't care if it has flash or not.

I never want to see the hourglass pop up, ever.

LTE.

I want a cloud service as mentioned by others as well. Google has Google Drive, MS has SkyDrive and Apple has iCloud. RIM needs one now as well.

I want customization.

I want great build quality.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-27-12 at 09:36 AM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    04-27-12 09:34 AM
    Oh man, if BB10 ends up needing reboots after installing apps, I'm outta here, and I will let the door hit me on the way out.

Apart from that, BB10 needs a better app ecosystem, and I'd want the apps to work both on the phone and on the PB, since if BB10 hits it out of the park I'd likely buy the PB to go with it. Bridge would still be a nice way to bypass the carrier fees for hotspot, so keeping that would be nice.

Basically I want it to have all the features of iOS and Android, but better. Does that narrow it down?
    04-27-12 09:53 AM
    Everyone keeps talking about apps with BB10 but they will come. QNX makes it possible and RIM will get the devs to do it.

What I think we really need to see in BB10 is features that we know and love now on the current BB OS. All the shortcuts and nuances need to be there for us diehards to make a smooth transition. I love my Playbook, but when I use it I don't necessarily feel like its "Blackberry" yet.
    04-27-12 09:57 AM
    YES!!! Just as long as personal data wasn't SOLELY tied to this, so if the server goes down one loses EVERYTHING like in the Great Sidekick Outage of October 2nd 2009.
    That was after MS bought Danger, and after I had left, but I heard about it. But yes, there need to be safeguards against that sort of thing.

I still think the SideKick was ahead of its time, and was held back by the carrier, who wanted to keep it as its "bargain" offering. One of the original developers of the SideKick went on to become one of the minds behind Android.

To some extent, Google duplicated the Desktop Interface with its suite of web apps. This was good, and it worked well for them. WP is coming along with SkyDrive and Office. But RIM already has in BBOS a sophisticated calendar, task management, and contact management system. There's no reason why they can't have their own web suite and simply do it better.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    04-27-12 09:59 AM
    I would Like RIM to release a device that has

Excellent Screen for both inside and outside viewing, Resolution is irrelevant, except to the spec wh*re, give it a screen that is truly crisp and beautiful, the PlayBook was an excellent starting benchmark, move forward from there

Battery life Need to be top notch, the bench mark needs to start at 3h of Video/Audio STREAMING using 3G/LTE, if RIM can accomplish this bench mark for the majority of users the device will last a working day, as this taxes the screen, speakers, and data consumption

Memory management RIM needs to address memory leaks, and memory usage, even the PlayBook has memory issues, I want to see BB10 have a smooth transition from app to app, and fast boot times/load times, memory management will be key here.

Device Controls I want RIM to expand the device controls from BES, expand what they can push/create to the devices, RIM needs to make it so a BES Admin can push a BBM contact list to the phone, and BBM groups, they need to push Autotext library's and browser bookmarks, many Enterprise BlackBerry's are grossly under used for their controlled capabilities, BBM Groups is a shining example of this, if it has admin control there is no inviting, it is a forced group, and BBM contacts being pushed as new staff come on board, embrace interoffice communication!
    On the flip side, I'd also like to see Autotext being able to be exported to a file for editing/adding and importing back, being able to mass manage the autotext library would make it far more useful

Ecosystem I am REALLY hoping that BB10 comes with an upgraded BIS/BES that includes a RIM ecosystem like cloud storage, contact storage, cloud device management. I don't mind paying for extra services if there are upgrades from the basic, just bring me the basic services integrated easily, and don't close off my abilities to use things like DropBox. in addition to these RIM controlled services I'd hope they have shored up deals with Content providers to ensure their is no shortage of content.

UI being beautiful yet functional I really hope RIM knocks the UI out of the park, something like a pass between the PlayBook, and WP7 would be nice, Don't look like Apple or Samsungs UI, both have grown old and boring to look at, just as people say the BBOS has. I could justify the BBOS look because it was functional with themes, and that said

THEMES!!!!!!! Bring Back theme builder, make it exciting to use, and get a theme section in App world promote Featured THEMES
    04-27-12 10:05 AM
    should be able to be loaded to no bb10 devices, ( 9900 , 9790 ), VOIP capability , Skype , Yahoo Voice calls, Msn Voice calls , exporting of contacts should be noob friendly. More apps that have functions deemed to be basic instead to having to buy them
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-27-12 10:43 AM
    I agree with everyone but would like to add : No Freezing Up aka Hourglasses. Those have Got to go!

One more thing: USB port needs to be somewhere else where it's easier to type when the phone is charging.
    2 convenience keys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 04-27-12 at 10:17 PM.
    04-27-12 07:36 PM
    I would like a BB10 secure USB Stick / SD Card that would give me BBM10 on my desktop / laptop.
    04-28-12 05:48 AM
    A better browser for one, but from what I see in the playbook, it seems like a good start. Now add more functionality to it, like management of bookmarks.

A better camera. Not an obscene amount of megapixels, but a bigger sensor, backlit, and better lens. Even the pictures taken by the playbook would appear grainy and noisy in anything less than bright sunlight. Something along the lines of the camera on the iphone 4S would be great.

Better battery life of course would be important. A thicker device is fine by me.

Removable battery door would be nice. More flexibility. But I have to say I rarely have the need for a spare battery, but it would be nice to have an option to do so. Though not a deal breaker for me.

Expandable storage. Microsd card slots would be nice.

Beautiful and functional UI.

A little far fetched, but a trackpad on the qwerty BB10 would be fantastic. Makes navigating on a smaller screen much easier.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-28-12 06:32 AM
    It's not something I use but a decent front facing camera may be on a lot of buyers' checklists. The Nokia 900 and the HTC II have them.
    04-28-12 08:51 AM
    What do you want to see in BlackBerry 10 devices? I want an awesome browser and amazing battery life for starters.

What do you want? Great apps? Speed? Cool accessories? Let us know!!
    will I be able to do a Web search on a store, and then call that store in my dialer directly from pressing a plain text phone # on their site? How about navigate to it on a map app right from the plain text directions on their site? Just a couple of examples, but these kinds of functions are important on a phone.

Sharing is also important. In an android browser I can share any webpage with a virtually limitless number of services. Box, dropbox, evernote, email, facebook, twitter, bluetooth... any app I have installed on my phone will get integrated into the browser for sharing. Even iOS only allows 3 options.

How about customization? Will I be able to change my display brightness, wifi and other settings right from the main screen, like I can do somewhat on the Playbook? Organize my apps into folders instead of using the old "grid of apps" iOS type layout? I need to themes, I need to be able to setup my homescreens how I want them.

Notifications? BB10 should let me receive notifications for pretty much any app in existence that uses them, whether it's a FB notification, text, email, or even Tapatalk forum post getting answered.

Continuing with convenience, how well will BB10's file management work? Can I "Open As" for multiple file types using different apps. Will I only be able to install apps from App World or can I sideload BB10 apps from other sources?

Maps and GPS navigation will need to be top notch.

Android style Widgets or WP style Live Tiles? Need 'em.

App selection is also important on a phone, far more than a tablet. Tapatalk that uses the predictive KB (unlike the Playbook version), engadget, all the banks, calenders, file managers that have LAN and cloud services, A VIDEO PLAYER THAT DECODES ON THE FLY UNLIKE PLAYBOOK, panoramic camera options, screenshots, a pdf with functions, Splashtop type apps, top end streaming radio, video apps...

Car dock - must have.

A Far better organized App World.

My Android has been able to do all of this and more for over a year, without even being on the latest version. BB10 is going to need to be very very impressive.
    04-28-12 10:01 AM
    alot of people are talking about the hourglass.. but there WONT be a hourglass. I haven't seen the hourglass once on the playbook. The only thing you might see is that circle thing and that's only in appworld.
    04-28-12 12:56 PM
    The ability to sync my phone contacts and calender with the native ones on my pb.
    Skype and netflix , just because im wondering what people will complain about then.
    I can handle rebooting after downloading or updating an app. Having to reboot once or twice a day just to get various apps/services back to an operational state is a drag.
    04-28-12 12:58 PM
    There are really two major things, that will likely become sticking points for BB10 success:

Feature completeness - While the OS will be far superior to what's running on current phones, at the core, it needs to be feature complete as well. The current PlayBook OS is a far cry from the feature set of the current phones, in just about every area that they have functionality overlap. Sure, its not visible in the main screes of these areas, but start digging through menus/options/settings and it becomes painfully obvious. (most blatant example being browser bookmarks)

Early developer support - For quite some time, the "sensible business decision" of any mobile development shop will be somewhere along the spectrum from "wait and see" to "throw up crap with the Android player," with the bulk leaning towards the former. The problem with this, is that it will make it very difficult for users to justify adopting the platform in significant numbers if the developers of all the important apps are "waiting and seeing." This is a difficult problem, where solutions range from "bribing developers" (a.k.a. Microsoft's WP7 approach) to "RIM developing work-a-like apps themselves". While RIM has had enormous success courting major game developers lately with the PB, I only hope they put equivalent effort into the non-game developers with BB10.
    04-28-12 01:07 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD