Looking at the Device Monitor, under CPU it lists several applications as "Idle" and gives me the option of closing them. If I was to close, for example, Facebook would I cease getting notifications when someone messages me or I get an invite? Also, there are some "apps" I don't recognise and I hope some CrackBerry members could enlighten me on:-
    • InvokeProxy
    • Secure Networking
    • PIM Services

Obviously I'm not going to close System, BB Hub, Homescreen, Text Messaging, Notifications or Phone but are the rest seriously needed to be laying idle?

Thank you in advance for your input...
    02-07-14 04:22 PM
    You can close the ones you don't recognize..... they'll just restart again. Not really sure what kind of answer you want here. The apps are supposed to be running as they're part of the OS. InvokeProxy is part of WiFi as well a Secure Networking. PIM Services is syncing of calendar, contacts etc etc.
    02-07-14 05:46 PM
    As I mentioned as an example - If I closed Facebook (or, more extreme "Text Messaging"/"BBM") which are listed as Idle on the CPU page of Device Monitor - would I cease receiving updates?
    02-07-14 05:54 PM