I picked up my ATT z10 on Friday and have playing with it non stop since then. I'm fairly happy with it, but here are a few grips and my overall feeling.

things they need to fix...
    1. FB, LINKEDIN and app contacts: to me this is a huge problem, when you send a text or add a contact you are taken to a contact list where all your contacts contacts from social media sites are listed even though you opted out of displaying them. This is a huge problem as some people do not want contacts from apps associated with thier phone contacts. I did go into contact settings and turn it off, but this simply hides it rather than remove them from the phone as ohter mobile OS's do. This needs to be fixed ASAP, and believe it or not my biggest gripe.

2. It's rather diffficult to set up gmail contacts\calendar, most users will not want to go through what I had to go through to set it up. I can see iphone users getting frustrated.

3. This is not an issue, but more of a request: I would like to be able to password protect my remember folders.

4. APPS: don't want to beat a dead horse, but the more apps the better. I'm not a big app guy but I do need a few that are not there and need to be there. Again, most people want no part of sideloading. They need to be in the store, port or native. Really miss a few like Temple run, shazam, group me, kakoa tal, hbo go, but I got a tablet for that stuff if I need it. Doesn't mean they don't need to be there.

5. What happened to all the ring tones???
    6. when I was on android, I used to be able to save pics from set them as contact pics...was helpful to set pics to each contact without syncing all my contacts. This is more of a personal thing.
    7. Camera: overall, good enough for me, there were a few times autofocus wasn't fast enough for me, but not a deal breaker.

Awesome stuff:
    picture editing: awesome stuff, probably the best on any phone
    time shift feature: i like this feature, hopefully the nokia buyout won't ruin things.
    keyboard
    HUB
    hardware: great size, great feel.

I've got a lot of playing around to do, but overall I give the phone a 7, if it had more apps I would give it close to a 9.
    03-24-13 01:34 PM
    If you truly used these forums prior to posting - this thread wouldn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    03-24-13 01:35 PM
    I did, I felt like posting it anyway. Got a problem with that?
    03-24-13 01:53 PM
    Yup, you picked a phone up on Friday and are already complaining about it on Sunday. Why don't you spend some more time with it, figure out which ones are user errors vs system errors... then post.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    03-24-13 02:02 PM
    I picked up my ATT z10 on Friday and have playing with it non stop since then. I'm fairly happy with it, but here are a few grips and my overall feeling.

things they need to fix...
    1. FB, LINKEDIN and app contacts: to me this is a huge problem, when you send a text or add a contact you are taken to a contact list where all your contacts contacts from social media sites are listed even though you opted out of displaying them. This is a huge problem as some people do not want contacts from apps associated with thier phone contacts. I did go into contact settings and turn it off, but this simply hides it rather than remove them from the phone as ohter mobile OS's do. This needs to be fixed ASAP, and believe it or not my biggest gripe.

2. It's rather diffficult to set up gmail contacts\calendar, most users will not want to go through what I had to go through to set it up. I can see iphone users getting frustrated.

3. This is not an issue, but more of a request: I would like to be able to password protect my remember folders.

4. APPS: don't want to beat a dead horse, but the more apps the better. I'm not a big app guy but I do need a few that are not there and need to be there. Again, most people want no part of sideloading. They need to be in the store, port or native. Really miss a few like Temple run, shazam, group me, kakoa tal, hbo go, but I got a tablet for that stuff if I need it. Doesn't mean they don't need to be there.

5. What happened to all the ring tones???
    6. when I was on android, I used to be able to save pics from set them as contact pics...was helpful to set pics to each contact without syncing all my contacts. This is more of a personal thing.
    7. Camera: overall, good enough for me, there were a few times autofocus wasn't fast enough for me, but not a deal breaker.

Awesome stuff:
    picture editing: awesome stuff, probably the best on any phone
    time shift feature: i like this feature, hopefully the nokia buyout won't ruin things.
    keyboard
    HUB
    hardware: great size, great feel.

I've got a lot of playing around to do, but overall I give the phone a 7, if it had more apps I would give it close to a 9.
    There is a way to quickly add all the old ringtones...

The gmail thing was definitely user error because it was flawless for me and everyone i know with a z10.. it was as easy as typing my user and password....

The fb and linkedin thing i can speak for because i have my contacts linked but i can see the complaint there

The apps thing, well besides the fact that this has been known about blackberry for ummmm YEARSSSSS!!!!!! that is something that is not the fault of blackberry since blackberry does not control the app devs... we are slowly getting the apps but thats been known by everybody, thats beating a dead horse..

You can add pictures to contacts just as easy as you can tap on a name and the picture icon.. smh..

Once again like the guy after you said. if you read the forums you'd get your answers... by your answer you sound like you just want to troll and then people wonder why the crazies come out and conduct an all out assault on people with legitimate concerns.... smh
    wxmancanada likes this.
    03-24-13 02:13 PM
    you guys are mental...Of course anyone who speaks objectively is not a troll.....

1. I've seen plenty of threads with gmail\calendar\contacts problems so it's not user error.
    2. It doesn't take a week to figure out bugs and issues within the OS, they are very apparent. I picked out many more within 1 day, I no one needs a week to do so.
    3. The ring tones argument: i know there is a way to get ring tones on there, but do you think a regular user will do that? NO, they will ask why there are only 4 ring tones available. You can't do that and expect to switch to bb. so shuddup with your dumb argument.
    4. I went into this with full understanding what apps are there and weren't, although it might not be bbery's fault, but it is their problem. They need to address if they want to win over people and be relevant. I know they are coming, but most people want it now or they wont switch!!! Am i right or am I just a TROLL!

Oh wait, here are two issues I just came across.....
    I don't get notified of tweets from people I follow, that sucks big time!!! You might say there is an update that MIGHT address that HUGE issue, but I wouldn't know becuase I don't get an alert when there is an update. Do I need more time to test that out, or is that ok to post after two days. Oh wait, i'm just a troll and most people should knwo that!

get a life!
    03-24-13 05:20 PM
    so confrontational. i'd be more inclined to help if you didn't sound like such a ******.

Attachment 143629Attachment 143630
    03-24-13 05:30 PM
    get a life!
    Ditto. Didn't spend a moment reading your most recent "post".
    03-24-13 06:17 PM