1. I had a few upgrades to native apps that were available in BB world, but I never recieved a notification that they were ready. I was under the impression BB updated the OS so that BB world notified you of updates. Am I wrong.

2. the NFL app....does it have to be running in active frames to recieve notifications. I'm assuming yes, because that's the only way I get a notification. If so, this is poor. In addition, there is a red asterick or notification icon on the app that will not go away no matter what I do. Anyone else seeing this?
    09-25-13 03:41 PM
    1. Happens to be all the time. I don't trust to get notifications on BlackBerry. BlackBerry isn't Apple. This being their first foray into the dangerous and scary world of apps!

2. I was noticing that too this weekend. Never get any notifications from NFL. Not sure I've tried with it on, but I think I have. Never any notifications.

Notifications, like so much of BB10, are badly programmed and executed. I would count on, rely on or trust them. They are essentially useless, annoyances. The only time they seem to work incessantly is when it's something insanely annoying like "connect to wifi to make calls" which comes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (and over and over and over) again, even if you have wifi off.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:52 PM
    Yeah, there were 3 updates waiting for me in BBWorld earlier this morning. Adobe DocuShort and BlackBerry Virtual Expert.

Usually I at least get a splat next to BBWorld but this time nothing. However they did download without incident.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:57 PM
    Perhaps the update to BBW will make BBW notify you of updates to BBW...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 04:00 PM