I recently learned about the Blackberry Smart Card Reader and have been very interested in the concept of smart cards and their integration into daily user security. The device itself is actually rather cheap, but I don't have any programmed smart cards and don't have the equipment to program blank ones. This leads me to NFC. I understand that NFC is primarily used in interfacing a device with an object and performing an action. These tags are fairly cheap. My idea is to replicate the process of unlocking my phone with a card, but put a tag on the back of a necklace. The idea is that I can bring my Q10 near my necklace and it will unlock my phone the same way as me typing the password in. Would this work or is BB10 just not able to do this?
    11-07-18 11:04 PM
    As far as I know the only NFC settings in BB10 relate to tags and contactless payment (via NFC SIMs), nothing about unlocking the device.
    11-08-18 08:31 AM
    I think the only way to do it is to have a third party app that listens to some of the events that NFC tags can be associated with.

For example, you can set up an NFC to send a message to yourself with a specific content. Then you would have another app listening to that even, and that other app would unlock the phone.

You should have the smart tags app installed on your phone. Go there and create a new action, so you can see the list of possible actions.
    11-08-18 09:33 PM