I would like to compare with other corporate accounts and see what others are doing.

We have about 100 cell phones with Rogers and we started getting Z10 since launch. With the old phones data usage was never an issue because of BES and the small usage users were doing.

Now I'm not starting another thread on how to lower our data usage but I'd like to know how to monitor it? Rogers does not offer any way of controlling our user like the consumers have with Rogers My Account. Why can't corporate users get something similar? They offered us a software solution called SmartUsage but it is 1) Expensive and 2) requires an App on the phone to constantly run and monitor the data usage and send information back to the server.

If the consumers can have acces to a nice portal, with all the information, why can't corporate users get the same thing and even better, with alerts, a management page, etc.

I don't get it, aren't corporate accounts bringing in way more revenue than consumers?

Something else, anyone notice that as phones are getting faster, ie LTE, the data plans are going smaller? 5Gigs is now $100/month !!

Are other service providers like that?

Lastly, we can add extra coverage for a user when they are traveling, the plans are between 25 and 75Megs , What? Are you serious, with the old phones that might have been enough but with smartphones and I'm not talking only about Blackberry's but for any smartphones it does not make sense.
    04-25-13 12:42 PM
    In Canada the Big Three Wireless Carriers are robber barons and highwaymen.
    04-25-13 05:04 PM
    Your getting hosed bro I get 3gig for $10.0
    04-25-13 06:12 PM
    Where is this offered?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:38 AM
    Your getting hosed bro I get 3gig for $10.0
    I pay CAD100.00 monthly for 5 GB data plus unlimited Canada-wide calling and unlimited text messaging.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 08:09 AM
    Damn!
    With tmobile now I'm paying 65$ for unlimited everything, no data throttle.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-27-13 08:13 AM
    Damn!
    With tmobile now I'm paying 65$ for unlimited everything, no data throttle.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    As I've said before Rogers Wireless, in Canada, are modern day robber barons. I'm willing to pay CAD75.00 each month but am forced to pay the higher fee of CAD100.00 to get 5 GB data. I prefer not to watch my data usage too closely as that defeats for purpose of an LTE capable smartphone and I like the freedom from use the hotspot feature will my BlackBerry PlayBook.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 06:37 PM
    This is why I wish I lived within one of Wind Mobiles unlimited zones..

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:40 PM
    It didn't used to be this way, was it? We used to be able to get unlimited data plans. This is very annoying, what's the point of offering LTE speeds when you can go through your monthly plan in just a few days. And on top of that, no way to check where you are.

As a BES administrator, I've already started to get into conflicts with users that bust their monthly plan, even after being warned multiple times and on writing, they insist it wasn't their fault and it;s a mistake from the provider Without any tools to monitor we get stuck between the user and Rogers. Very, very annoying.
    04-29-13 09:12 AM
    I would like to compare with other corporate accounts and see what others are doing.

We have about 100 cell phones with Rogers and we started getting Z10 since launch. With the old phones data usage was never an issue because of BES and the small usage users were doing.

Now I'm not starting another thread on how to lower our data usage but I'd like to know how to monitor it? Rogers does not offer any way of controlling our user like the consumers have with Rogers My Account. Why can't corporate users get something similar? They offered us a software solution called SmartUsage but it is 1) Expensive and 2) requires an App on the phone to constantly run and monitor the data usage and send information back to the server.

If the consumers can have acces to a nice portal, with all the information, why can't corporate users get the same thing and even better, with alerts, a management page, etc.

I don't get it, aren't corporate accounts bringing in way more revenue than consumers?

Something else, anyone notice that as phones are getting faster, ie LTE, the data plans are going smaller? 5Gigs is now $100/month !!

Are other service providers like that?

Lastly, we can add extra coverage for a user when they are traveling, the plans are between 25 and 75Megs , What? Are you serious, with the old phones that might have been enough but with smartphones and I'm not talking only about Blackberry's but for any smartphones it does not make sense.
    I don't know if your carrier will allow it, but you should check with your BlackBerry reps to see if you need an enterprise data plan if you are using Balance on your OS 10 devices. My reps indicated that an enterprise data plan was required for the "work only" mode, but that Balance might not require it. BlackBerry is still sorting this all out with the carriers, but it may be a way to save some money on your data plan if you aren't required to use the enterprise ones like in the days of old.

If BlackBerry does require an enterprise data plan for all (not just work only) BES 10.1 connectivity, we will probably dump them the next day and go use another MDM solution that doesn't.
    04-29-13 10:44 AM
    Yes, we do need it, when the Advance BES Plan is not provisioned on the SIM we can't do Wireless Activations. Maybe this as changed now but right now we ask for it everytime, not sure why there is a difference.
    04-29-13 10:53 AM
    Here is more info about this. When asked about why we couldn't do wireless activation with our Z10to BBRY Support, here was their answer.

The specific plan is BlackBerry 10 Advance Service (SRV-ABB10). When we spoke the user was currently on a BlackBerry 10 Standard Service (SRV-SBB10).
    04-29-13 01:46 PM
    Here is more info about this. When asked about why we couldn't do wireless activation with our Z10to BBRY Support, here was their answer.

The specific plan is BlackBerry 10 Advance Service (SRV-ABB10). When we spoke the user was currently on a BlackBerry 10 Standard Service (SRV-SBB10).
    I have my personal Z10 integrated with my work's BES 10.1 (Beta) server, and I have a standard data plan wtih AT&T Wireless.

Wanting to get clarification I pushed the issue with my reps stating BYOD BB 10 devices would not have an enterprise data plan, and requiring it for BES 10 integration would essentially negate users from hooking up their personal devices to our service which would be a problem for us. I didn't get anything concrete from them but they indicated they didn't think Balance mode would require it.

Ultimately if they decide that they will require enterprise data plans going forward when standard ActiveSync doesn't, they will seriously hinder the adoption of the BES in lieu of MDM solutions that don't.

I hope they are reasonable and understand the BYOD situation.
    04-29-13 07:28 PM
    I have my personal Z10 integrated with my work's BES 10.1 (Beta) server, and I have a standard data plan wtih AT&T Wireless.

Wanting to get clarification I pushed the issue with my reps stating BYOD BB 10 devices would not have an enterprise data plan, and requiring it for BES 10 integration would essentially negate users from hooking up their personal devices to our service which would be a problem for us. I didn't get anything concrete from them but they indicated they didn't think Balance mode would require it.

Ultimately if they decide that they will require enterprise data plans going forward when standard ActiveSync doesn't, they will seriously hinder the adoption of the BES in lieu of MDM solutions that don't.

I hope they are reasonable and understand the BYOD situation.
    I went and double checked just because I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth any more than I do normally, and cofirmed I have the "Blackberry Personal for LTE" unlimited data plan with AT&T Wireless. Previously I had the "Smartphone Personal" unlimited data plan which worked fine for ActiveSync on my Windows Mobile 6.5 device (that I held on to for years due to its superior ActiveSync implementation), and both plans are $30. So as best I can tell I am on a personal data plan using Balance just fine, and if BlackBerry ever changes this because of some back door deal with the carriers then I will throw a giant hissy fit.

Also here is my data usage for the past month:
    Smartphone Personal
    Plan KB Unlimited
    KB Used 474,768
    1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1024MB, 1 Megabyte (MB) = 1024KB
    LTE UNL
    Plan KB Unlimited
    KB Used 491,890
    1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1024MB, 1 Megabyte (MB) = 1024KB

Important note: I lost my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone for part of that time, probably a week, and I had my BB for less than 1/2 of that period. I suspect next month's bill will show a large difference as I am doing a lot more on the phone, then again I am using WiFi at work and at home which I never did on my old phone. Should be interesting.
    04-30-13 08:31 AM