I've pretty much had the playbook since it's launch and have gotten used to the gestures.

Does the Z10 utilize the corner gestures the playbook has?

Swipe from the top corner to reveal the status bar and the bottom left to reveal the keyboard?

I use these gestures constantly on the playbook and am hoping they carried over....
    02-01-13 07:56 AM
    I've pretty much had the playbook since it's launch and have gotten used to the gestures.

Swipe from the top corner to reveal the status bar and the bottom left to reveal the keyboard?

I use these gestures constantly on the playbook and am hoping they carried over....
    The keyboard gesture is there. The Android player gestures are also there. Don't know about the status bar ones.
    02-01-13 08:12 AM
    Te keyboard gesture is no longer a corner gesture. It's 2 fingers from the bottom. The status bar gesture isn't there from what I've seen/heard so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it implemented later. Maybe a swipe from the corner could one day be a widgets page where one can quickly check weather, and things of that nature.
    02-01-13 08:19 AM
    yeah I like the left corner keyboard rise on PB.
    02-01-13 08:25 AM

Nope, no corner gestures on BB10.

Revealing the keyboard is a 2 finger swipe up, and the same to hide it. Status bar reveal is gone.
    02-01-13 08:32 AM
    Nope, no corner gestures on BB10.

Revealing the keyboard is a 2 finger swipe up, and the same to hide it. Status bar reveal is gone.
    damn pretty messy if you could just move it from the corner with your thumb you would be into 1 hand swipetype.Hmm bb got work to do.
    The to do request list will be huge.
    02-01-13 08:39 AM
    Hmm it seems like the corner gestures would have been easier to pull up the keyboard. Also, how do you see the time, signal, orientation lock and other features from an app without leaving it without the top corner gestures? I understand certain things being missing from bbos as they each had to be coded into the new bb10 os, but removing features that were on the playbook and worked well? I don't get that.
    02-01-13 09:03 AM
    To check the status bar you just have to swipe a bit from the bottom, in any app. It makes sense to move it from the top corner like the PB, to the bottom, at the bottom it's easy for one handed use.

For the most part, the keyboard will know when to pop up on its own. If you're in a situation where the keyboard hasn't popped up for some reason, than chances are you've already got 2 hands on the device so swiping with 2 fingers isn't that difficult.

Swiping down from the top opens up the options menu. That makes sense to me.

You need to realize why certain things were designed the way they are. Think outside the box. Think about how you use the device and what makes the best sense. Don't take everything at face value.
    02-01-13 09:09 AM
    To check the status bar you just have to swipe a bit from the bottom, in any app. It makes sense to move it from the top corner like the PB, to the bottom, at the bottom it's easy for one handed use.

For the most part, the keyboard will know when to pop up on its own. If you're in a situation where the keyboard hasn't popped up for some reason, than chances are you've already got 2 hands on the device so swiping with 2 fingers isn't that difficult.

Swiping down from the top opens up the options menu. That makes sense to me.

You need to realize why certain things were designed the way they are. Think outside the box. Think about how you use the device and what makes the best sense. Don't take everything at face value.
    I forgot that the whole screen shrinks when you pull up from the bottom, thanks for reminding me. But what if you need to interact with something on the status bar (assuming that you can). Currently with the playbook you swipe from the upper corner and the screen remains in a pulled down position to allow you to make changes. A tap on the screen re-hides the status bar. What your suggesting allows you to see the time, but not make any changes until you have completely minimized the app. Of course, I don't have a z10 so maybe I'm missing something.
    02-01-13 09:18 AM
    I forgot that the whole screen shrinks when you pull up from the bottom, thanks for reminding me. But what if you need to interact with something on the status bar (assuming that you can). Currently with the playbook you swipe from the upper corner and the screen remains in a pulled down position to allow you to make changes. A tap on the screen re-hides the status bar. What your suggesting allows you to see the time, but not make any changes until you have completely minimized the app. Of course, I don't have a z10 so maybe I'm missing something.
    You cannot make changes in the status bar from within an app, at least none that I have used. Some apps have settings options in the swipe down top menu bar, so the only way you can make changes in the status bar is to minimise the app.
    02-01-13 09:24 AM
    damn that top corner one on the playbook is so useful when watching videos.
    bb10 should put it in as soon as it can

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 09:39 AM
    Hmm it seems like the corner gestures would have been easier to pull up the keyboard. Also, how do you see the time, signal, orientation lock and other features from an app without leaving it without the top corner gestures? I understand certain things being missing from bbos as they each had to be coded into the new bb10 os, but removing features that were on the playbook and worked well? I don't get that.
    Yeah that left corner keyboard gesture much better much cleaner han 2 fingers nonsense breaks the flow.Seems there was a rush to make schedule to push this out asap.Im getting mine tomorow so will check everything out.
    02-01-13 09:45 AM