Two finger swipe down from the lock screen. Then if they incorporate music controls into quick settings..bam! Easy as pie...and you get yur flashlight

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:42 PM
    Right. I will say though that how about anyone with the leak maybe list bugs (not personal preferences such as I don't like flat colors) and then we'll compare to these 10.2.1 bugs and make a more concise list

Posted via CB10
    Already compiling the existing bugs in 10.2.1, you could contribute the 10.3 changes if you are on it?

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-08-14 07:54 PM
    I really hope they fix the bug when restoring saved tabs in the browser. It's frustrating beyond belief to have an external link open the browser and override all of your previous tabs.

It's got to the point where I now have to manually open the browser before tapping on an external link (ie a link in Channels or an email) - just to make sure my previous session is successfully restored.

This is one of my biggest annoyances with the OS right now. I can't tell you how many times I've lost all of my previously opened tabs.
    07-08-14 08:57 PM
    Are any of my posts gonna be acknowledged?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not when you make multiple ones ranting versus one consolidated thread. Most of them don't make sense either.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    07-09-14 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I am trying to compile your suggestions...will add it to the front page soon..

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-09-14 03:32 AM
    Not when you make multiple ones ranting versus one consolidated thread. Most of them don't make sense either.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    Meh.. lifes to short
    07-09-14 09:37 AM
    Already compiling the existing bugs in 10.2.1, you could contribute the 10.3 changes if you are on it?

On my awesome Zed 10!
    I have a few. Will wait for yours

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:26 PM
    Sometimes, if you email yourself, it'll show ad an unread email and can't be read, if had to be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 08:52 AM
    Calendar updates need work badly, The 24 hour wait to get the calender to respond to inputs is out of line. There is a report about it
    Here's a link to it
    KB33458-Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account

Check out this KB info. The last paragraph of the article appeas to shed light on the situation.
    I have had this problem manifest itself several times.
    Waiting 24 hours is maddening , and sometimes it didnt work after the 24 hour wait and I reinstalled the account and it finally populated.
    Youd think that this would be a TOP priority for all BB10 devices. And youd think that Google would have a fix already!?? This has got to get in there! It is a deal breaker not to have the appointments post seamlessly.
    Last edited by dieseldog730; 07-10-14 at 05:31 PM.
    07-10-14 05:14 PM
    "Play on" feature to be utilised by 3rd party apps.

Differentiate or Die
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-10-14 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have added your points to the front page.

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-11-14 11:43 PM
    Have added the bugs and suggestion to the master list on the first post..

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-11-14 11:44 PM
    Well, not quite core "flaws" per se, more like glaring omissions:

- allow user to create custom notification profiles (as in legacy OS)
    - re-introduce auto on/off feature
    07-12-14 10:36 AM
    +1

File Manager usability, is needed, select all function when selecting files to copy or move better speed in accessing zipped files! the ability to mark all read in the hub, we get a lot of emails that aren't necessarily important for us to read how about the ability to just tap twice or something to mark them read instead of selecting one by one. Phone app needs to be as fluid as say the calculator app, seems old and cumbersome, ending a call that you started by mistake is such a drag! Smart dialling please! Contacts need to re-link after a restore! Maybe contact management on BlackBerry link to allow for quicker fixing and realignment, ability to tell the keyboard to forget dome words that happen to be remembered by mistake!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:24 AM
    "Play on" feature to be utilised by 3rd party apps.

Differentiate or Die
    Play on feature somehow incorporated into android apps such as Netflix.. or have Netflix open up in the "videos" app and play on from there

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-29-14 06:08 PM
    My most annoying issues with BB10 is that I seem to be constantly opening the Phone app and Camera app from the quick launch icons. I have never had a phone so prone to pocket dials and taking accidental photos. I probably delete 5-10 photos of my pocket every week. I think maybe a 1 second long press would solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    I agree totally. Pocket dials have cost me a lot of money as many are out of country calls. Accidental photos are a real nuisance.

Other beefs are:

1. After entering password you also need to hit return. This is unnecessary.

2. Calendar alarms interfere with all phone activities and reappear at every 30 minutes or less until dismissed. This is very inconvenient when you have several appointments. A snooze all option is needed as well as the ability to snooze an event more than 30 minutes.

3. When browsing emails, pictures, video's etc you have no cursor marker to show last file accessed. Last file should be highlighted to make browsing easier.

4. Remember app rescales font size when you have an entry open and rotate the phone. This makes reading them difficult.

Z30)++
    CDM76 and rai187 like this.
    07-29-14 07:46 PM
    I understand where the OP is coming from, but that's quite a lot he's expecting to get done in 10.3.xxxx.

Still, all these are issues that need to be addressed. The best thing BlackBerry can do is poll it's BB10 users and find out what's most pressing...

...but it's too late for that without delaying 10.3. Hopefully most of these (or at least some) get addressed in 10.3.

My biggest issues are with RAM allocation, Contacts App & the browser.
    07-29-14 08:03 PM
    Good ideas. But... music and torch control on lock screen? I think functionality on the lock screen could get out of hand if they add more. I mean, there'll be no point calling it a 'lock screen' anymore if half the phone's functionality is still possible. At what point should we stop adding lock screen functions before its pointless even being locked? What happened to a phone just being locked, period, with no functionality until unlocked? This is the whole point of the lock feature, for security, privacy, and to prevent unintended actions while it's in your pocket!
    I know, right? Why bother even having a detailed, thorough UI. We should just be able to do everything from the lock screen.

I can see it now:

"BlackBerry launches the Z40, the "lock screen" phone"

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    07-29-14 08:14 PM
    There's a little man living in your pocket, because my never does anything when it's in my pocket.

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    07-29-14 08:29 PM
    I think this is a very thoughtful list of issues to address. I don't agree with all of them, but a lot of these have merit.

- Contacts is getting better but yes, it still is buggy and needs work. Linking contacts doesn't always work, either.

- I really wish people would stop begging for GPlay. Blackberry would have to drop BB10 entirely, go full-Android on all phones, and become a member of the Open Handset Alliance before that could happen at all (note that Samsung couldn't even produce Tizen devices with an Android Runtime without risking its place in the OHA--"open" indeed!). GPlay can't happen on BB10 for the same reasons it's never going to happen on Amazon's devices. ART, though, probably can happen. Just not until it finally appears in "open source" Android.

- Music app needs some attention, for sure. I'd like to be able to adjust levels for individual songs.
    07-29-14 09:16 PM
    When you're on the home page or in the hub if you pull down from the top bezel you get the settings for the phone. However when you go into an app pulling down from the top bezel gives you the settings for the app. In the app as well you may also have a button on the bottom right hand side of the screen for other settings or other options in the app.

So my thought was what if by pulling down from the top bezel would always give you the settings for the phone just like pulling from the bottom bezel always takes you out of the app. I don't know what other people think but i think that would make the user interface easier to adapt to knowing that you will always get the phone settings from pulling down the top bezel.

Posted via CB10

Copied from a post I did in April of 2013. Please solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:33 PM
    +1

File Manager usability, is needed, select all function when selecting files to copy or move better speed in accessing zipped files! the ability to mark all read in the hub, we get a lot of emails that aren't necessarily important for us to read how about the ability to just tap twice or something to mark them read instead of selecting one by one. Phone app needs to be as fluid as say the calculator app, seems old and cumbersome, ending a call that you started by mistake is such a drag! Smart dialling please! Contacts need to re-link after a restore! Maybe contact management on BlackBerry link to allow for quicker fixing and realignment, ability to tell the keyboard to forget dome words that happen to be remembered by mistake!

Posted via CB10
    Long press on the date in the hub. This will select everything in the hub then you can select "mark as read"

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:02 AM
    Long press on the date in the hub. This will select everything in the hub then you can select "mark as read"

Posted via CB10
    Useful feature that I was not aware of. Marks all earlier hub entries read and I assume also allow mass deletion of the same entries. Also provide quick access to the top and bottom. I don't get the use of the previous and next options as they don't seem to do anything in this context.

Z30)++
    07-30-14 01:19 PM
    Yes I use the long press on the date often to delete prior. If I recall correctly that existed in 7 as well except you long pressed the trackpad to highlight all.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:51 PM
93 1234