*UPDATE: I forgot to mention that these observations are based on 10.2.1, the current official OS. Some of these might have already been resolved in 10.3 and we are thankful for that, but the list needs to be a reference as a lot of things are important.*

I have complied a list of issues or flaws which needs to be addressed by BlackBerry before they release 10.3 or 10.3.1. These have been part of my own experiences, and some of the points have been sourced from the forums itself.

CONTACTS
    This app has been one of the biggest source of irritation to most of the users. The reason is that it is cluttered, flawed and incomplete. The issues need to be fixed. Some of the issues are:
    a. Contacts disappear randomly.
    b. Contact linking sometimes duplicates the contacts.
    c. Very unintuitive UI and complex methods of adding a contact, and why does the number default to work? Why can't we customise that?
    d. No way to manage contacts through BlackBerry link.
    e. A lot of the contact pictures keep disappearing, sometimes wrong pictures appear in toast notifications as well.
    f. Very inefficient UI for quick search, and quickly manage contacts, can't shift contacts from facebook to local!
    g. Very unreliable app, any information can get lost, disappear, gets deleted or wrongly linked anytime!
    h. UPDATE FROM THREAD: True caller can ge integrated with this app, so when we add a contact the name suggestions can be implemented.

CORE APPS FUNCTIONALITY
    Most of the core apps have a lot of basic features missing:
    a. Camera app has missing features like timer, focus and exposure settings for front camera, face recognition in front camera, better HDR, low light performance is bad, panaroma, slo-mo options and so on. We need more filters (including blurring) and edit options for pictures (including different file formats). Maybe more features like offline timeshift, more white balance options, better stabilisers are needed

b. Calenders app needs to have multiple alarms, more options for reminders, better UI for calenders and markings for seperate calenders. Better system for integrating remember app and this. (FROM THE THREAD: ) Calendar updates need work badly, The 24 hour wait to get the calender to respond to inputs is out of line.

c. Music app needs a proper UI upgrade. It needs basic tools like equalisation, control on the lockscreen, edit options, visualisations, maybe some way if it can be launched as soon as i connect my car to it, or some setting for default acton when it connects to car/stereo or someother stuff like a headset...Music app also needs a better, more sorted, simpler UI.

c1. Radio: one cannot enter a radio station manually, which is really illogical, what if you don't want to use data to listen to a basic feature like FM! This needs to be corrected. (from the thread)

d. BBM needs a lot of improvement! Simplification of UI, more functionality in Groups, multiple images sharing, less jargonised notifications, simplification of the channels (right now it is too unintuitive to search for a channel and see what unread posts lie there. (UPDATE: The loading time if BBM needs to.improve, even the loading of chats and lists)

e. Facebook looks outdated and clunky, period. It looks very old, unituitive and very non-BB10 like. It needs a revamp. The facebook app for windows looks much better than the one we have!

f. Maps needs a lot of functionality added, saving locations, POI, offline maps, pedestrian mode, loading times need to be much better.

g. BlackBerry Protect needs to atleast be as feature rich as its BBOS version.

h. Many other apps like Print to go needs to what it is called, Docstogo need a lot of functions, Express needs to support powerpoint, and so on..

i. HUB needs more functionality, maybe the hub needs to be able to launch some apps, like voice recorder, camera, remember, or anyother communication app, as hub is the communication hub!

j. Phone app: A complete revamp Phone app. The access must be unique: tap phone icon, open the dialpad, tap predictable letters ( as T9) and build predicted contacts, pick the targeted and call. After call the return must be made again into dial pad. (Updated from the posts) (ANOTHER UPDATE: The call end takes some time, it needs to be instant)

j. (Another one from the thread) Browser needs to have more functions, better bookmarking function, maybe Pocket integration, more privacy options and so on. (ANOTHER UPDATE) There is a need to fix the bug when restoring saved tabs in the browser. It's frustrating beyond belief to have an external link open the browser and override all of your previous tabs. The browser should atleast warn when closing multiple tans. It needs an ad blocker as well.

k. Reintroduction of Social Feeds App, Call block App? (From the thread)

ANDROID APPS MULTITASKING
    Since BB is going full throttle with the Android apps and Amazon app support, the following needs to be ensured:
    a. Android apps needs to launch faster.
    b. Multitasking is right now a huge problem, apps crash, freeze or work slowly when more than one android app is open.
    c. When an android app is minimised it is frozen till you resume it and it starts from the beginning mostly...
    d. There needs to be a better navigation system for android apps, maybe instead of the diagonal swipe from the bottom it can be a left swipe.
    e. Accounts integration, atleast the facebook account should be available to the whole of the runtime, so if you choose login through facebook, you dont have to login again and again...
    f. Better hub integration, share framework and yes, headless capabilities or ability to run in background!
    g. Android Data Backup (from the thread)
    h. Possibility of ART? and/or Google Play Services (although it is a completely different topic, and it is just a suggestion, i very well know what BB has to give up to gain that, so not arguing for it)

DETAILING
    A lot of small things need to be corrected as in the long run they become a hassle to the users.
    a. Lockscreen needs a flashlight and music controls, and maybe customisable controls (updated from the posts)
    b. Ability to password lock with one click, not with the holding the power button for 3 secs and pressing the lock icon.
    c. Ability to arrange apps independently (without the snapping to grid)
    d. When a folder is open and an app is launched, the folder should remain open and should not go back to the homepage.
    e. Ability to lock individual apps or folders or pictures
    f. Maybe the quick seeing can have music controls (Updated from thread)
    g. "Play on" feature should be opened to 3rd party apps.
    h. There are a lot more, if you want to add some, feel free.

PERFORMANCE
    1. The PIM Services need to really be sorted out.
    2. System needs to be optimised to use less memory and battery.
    3. Android apps need to be made less memory and CPU consuming.
    4. There should be an option to reset PIM services.
    (Some more changes suggested in this thread are listed below
    5. ACTIVE FRAMES need to be more interactive, may acti like widgets, can have the ability to be pinned.
    6. UI should be be consistent. (Eg. In browser the settings can be accessed by pressing the more (...) button, but for the rest of the apps, you need to swipe down from top, for some apps, like facebook, it is further more confusing. This needs to be fixed)
    7. BlackBerry Link needs a lot of more functions, like contact management, calender management (including editing them), app data backup, sms/mms backups, call logs backup, Calls, BBM functionality as well.
    8. (From the threads) BBM Channels needs a desktop site, for viewing or posting as well, to make it more relevant. There should be post to BBM channel buttons to make it into a much more happening network.
    9. Sometimes emails keep showing up on the lock screen even after deleting them. This bug needs to be looked at.

PS: Please don't justify the flaws here, that's not the point of this thread. Please feel free to add your requests, ideas to the list. Thanks.
    Last edited by Anadi Athaley; 07-11-14 at 11:41 PM.
    07-07-14 02:50 AM
    Good ideas. But... music and torch control on lock screen? I think functionality on the lock screen could get out of hand if they add more. I mean, there'll be no point calling it a 'lock screen' anymore if half the phone's functionality is still possible. At what point should we stop adding lock screen functions before its pointless even being locked? What happened to a phone just being locked, period, with no functionality until unlocked? This is the whole point of the lock feature, for security, privacy, and to prevent unintended actions while it's in your pocket!

Sent Via the 'workhorse' AKA Nokia 3310
    07-07-14 03:56 AM
    +1

To add UI consistency is also needed. Which they are bringing at least for quick settings. But for app settings it is hidden and to be found sometimes under the top or 3 dot.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:57 AM
    Good ideas. But... music and torch control on lock screen? I think functionality on the lock screen could get out of hand if they add more. I mean, there'll be no point calling it a 'lock screen' anymore if half the phone's functionality is still possible. At what point should we stop adding lock screen functions before its pointless even being locked? What happened to a phone just being locked, period, with no functionality until unlocked? This is the whole point of the lock feature, for security, privacy, and to prevent unintended actions while it's in your pocket!

Sent Via the 'workhorse' AKA Nokia 3310
    I agree. But a lot of times it takes too much of time to turn the flashlight on, and if you use a password lock, the time increases...and is too much hassle when you really need the flashlight.

While listening to music, you have to keep unlocking your phone to change the song, or as an alternative, long press volume up or down, but in this case you don't know what's the next song. Another method is to increase or decrease the volume, a small pop up will give you controls right under the volume level on screen, but it makes no sense that this appears only when you modify the level of sound. All of these methods use too many steps and incomplete.

On my awesome Zed 10!
    Last edited by Anadi Athaley; 07-07-14 at 04:28 AM.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-07-14 04:13 AM
    +1

To add UI consistency is also needed. Which they are bringing at least for quick settings. But for app settings it is hidden and to be found sometimes under the top or 3 dot.

Posted via CB10
    Totally.

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-07-14 04:13 AM
    Agree with Mr. Anadi Athaley, especially on ideas about Facebook and Maps.
    07-07-14 04:45 AM
    Agree with Mr. Anadi Athaley, especially on ideas about Facebook and Maps.
    Thanks
    07-07-14 08:48 AM
    My most annoying issues with BB10 is that I seem to be constantly opening the Phone app and Camera app from the quick launch icons. I have never had a phone so prone to pocket dials and taking accidental photos. I probably delete 5-10 photos of my pocket every week. I think maybe a 1 second long press would solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:03 AM
    Michael Clewley from BlackBerry said he will be looking at your post OP.

Core Issues/Flaws which need to be fixed on 10.3/10.3.1-img_20140707_105932.png
    07-07-14 10:00 AM
    Michael Clewley from BlackBerry said he will be looking at your post OP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140707_105932.png 
Views:	3004 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	283562
    Thank you so much man! Way to go! It would be great if they could bring these things and make the changes and maybe give us some surprises!!!

Thanks again!!

Since he is going to be reading this, guys go ahead and write your own observations too!!!

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-07-14 02:47 PM
    The contacts app is also slow, and calendar is slow too. Loads and just hangs there. Contacts scrolling isn't even ad smooth as BlackBerry Password Keeper is smooth in scrolling through the list.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:13 PM
    How about android app push notifications?

Differentiate or Die
    07-07-14 06:17 PM
    Will 10.3 bring fix for battery on blackberry z10 saying 100 % then dropped to 95 in seconds

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
    07-07-14 06:24 PM
    Will 10.3 bring fix for battery on blackberry z10 saying 100 % then dropped to 95 in seconds

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
    That was fixed for me in 10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:25 PM
    Don't forget you can post your feedback at http://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:42 PM
    Contacts have always given me fits. I have exact issues you mentioned and so frustrating.

And I updated to 10.3.0.700 and lost all my appointments in my calendar. They didn't restore.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    07-07-14 10:54 PM
    Contacts have always given me fits. I have exact issues you mentioned and so frustrating.

And I updated to 10.3.0.700 and lost all my appointments in my calendar. They didn't restore.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    Well considering 10.3 isn't official yet...

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    07-07-14 11:13 PM
    How about word wrap in the browser. Had it added after a while when using an android phone a couple of years ago...it was nice. Hope BlackBerry adds it.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-07-14 11:19 PM
    Please add:
    1. A complete revamp Phone app. The acces must be unique: tap phone icon, open the dialpad, tap predictable letters ( as T9) and build predicted contacts, pick the targeted and call. After call the return must be made again into dial pad.
    2. Quick action icons: camera and phone. Must have the possibility to remove from them or to change. Maybe I want to put the Calculator....

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-07-14 11:32 PM
    Definitely those quick access buttons at the bottom. I have pocket dialed someone before once but others have complained about it.
    Also camera launches easily too. Annoying at that as it burns battery

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and Flatman like this.
    07-07-14 11:57 PM
    I totally agree with the improvements needed in maps and music apps. Also BlackBerry Protect needs to be more useful. Camera we know is going to improve with 10.3. The one thing I really want to be improved is Phone app. I couldn't believe BlackBerry made such a bad contacts app, since BlackBerry is all about productivity and getting things done. Contacts app should definitely be way better than it is at present. I really got very frustrated when some contacts deleted randomly, some didn't save on sim and the poor syncing with link. But I hope that this will change with 10.3. We need an overhaul of this app.
    07-08-14 12:12 AM
    Please add:
    1. A complete revamp Phone app. The acces must be unique: tap phone icon, open the dialpad, tap predictable letters ( as T9) and build predicted contacts, pick the targeted and call. After call the return must be made again into dial pad.
    2. Quick action icons: camera and phone. Must have the possibility to remove from them or to change. Maybe I want to put the Calculator....

Proudly Z10 owner
    Thanks, have incorporated your suggestions in the OP.

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-08-14 12:25 AM
    The dial pad should have it start showing possible contact phone numbers as the digits are being entered. Like on android.

Start with area code, then 5 will show some matches with that phone number, then 8, filter even more...

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-08-14 12:55 AM
    The dial pad should have it start showing possible contact phone numbers as the digits are being entered. Like on android.

Start with area code, then 5 will show some matches with that phone number, then 8, filter even more...

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree. The current phone app is too complex..

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-08-14 01:14 AM
    I am posting my old post what needs more fixes,

OS overall+Link
    - Blackberry Link sucks big time
    - Battery life and calibration (never mind Z10 was experimental device)
    - Active Frames (total no use as of now, we need some real action on this in form of pinning, widgets and resizable too etc)
    - App world (number of junk apps from S4BB, useful 3rd Party apps, desktop use of BBW(sucks big time))
    - Lock Screen use (since we have a swipe to unlock rather than button unlock, we should have a interactive lock screen)
    - BB10 UI consistency is not great. Some apps have settings tab in 3 dots more option and some have in swipe down menu.
    - BB10 UI beautification, quite far, it needs a lot of improvement.(even so far in 10.3, color needs to be more classy and beautiful)
    - BB Z10 STL100-1 supports FM, Wifi Direct and Miracast, please enable them since you are now selling Z10 as the least expensive device and mostly in emerging markets
    - BIS as optional service, but I remember that someone in the forum had said that technically it is not possible to BIS in BB10.
    - Keyboard is great, we need to make it more great. 10.3.0.700 keyboard is very cheap looking. Predictions as well as learning needs to be more fine tuned.
    - Radio files(one of the most inconsistent files, we need to improve this)

Native Apps
    - BBM (desktop and on windows phone) unless this happens, it is not a big deal. Also Group Chat feature is no where near whatsapp. It needs to be up on priority. also BBM channel needs a desktop site as well as more open for type of posts etc. And have API to visit them from anywhere including desktop.
    - Camera app ( sucks big time especially after 10.2.1 and in dark conditions, it is useless(10.3 also) and also very less options to select(RAW, HDR+,Blur,ISO etc all missing)
    - Maps (we say we are for enterprise, Maps are quite important but they seem to be missing totally as no support for offline, and UI also isn't that great)
    - Facebook App(cant even load up to date feeds properly) - A lot of update is required in this space.
    - Phone App and Contact App needs more UI update as well T9 keyboard support with more open APIs to have apps on this side.
    - Native development (pay developers at least for enterprise apps like office, Skype, messengers, etc)
    - Notification for cloud apps(as of now they are static and don't run in background)
    - Picture editor needs more filters, blur etc effects and also open this side API for developers to use.
    - Browser UI - Its fast but a heavy app and also it has a very poor UI without any sync for bookmarks from various other browsers
    - Social Feeds app, Call block app etc from BBOS are a must
    - office apps : we need something really good if not Microsoft office. Docs to go isn't going answer.

Android Integration
    - Android App data its a big task to save android app data and restore it. we need to have a app for this.
    - GSF and GPlay. (Nothing in your hand as such but there are always workarounds for them to work)
    - Android Runtime, is for sure not the smoothest and also it is not integrated well
    - Android Account Integration, Apps that need social login can be allowed to use native ones to login, sync progress and as well all that social analytics part.
    - Multi tasking on android apps is difficult as of now
    - Share Framework V2 freezes in most apps at first place. It resumes once an app is minimized and opened again.
    - Android Runtime support needs to be pushed to 4.4.2 with ART if possible.(Since we are full blown going to Android, its a must)
    (if ART is possible for BB10, a lot of issue on launch time should be addressed as well as battery problem also).
    - Android app notification has improved greatly in 10.3 but still it doesn't look good and handle things well.

Hope he reads and realize that still a lot of work is pending to be at a good level to think of new features rather playing catch up or UI enhancements.

Please don't try to justify these all. Improvement is necessary if we are looking at average plug and play consumer.
    Last edited by prateek.samtani; 07-08-14 at 01:54 AM.
    Hobiano, pystha and garg2k7 like this.
    07-08-14 01:29 AM
93 123 ...