Just wondering if anyone used to use the physical keyboard to copy and paste the following way on BBOS.

To highlight an entire field of text or even a few words or single word - BBOS
    1) hold shift key and swipe up on trackpad to select entire field or swipe across to select single or multiple words
    2) alt + click trackpad to copy
    3) shift + click trackpad to paste

To highlight an entire field of text - BB10
    1) long press on a word
    2) press select all icon from fly out menu
    3) long press the highlighted text
    4) press copy icon from flyout menu
    5) long press in area to paste
    6) press paste icon from flyout menu

Even on the Q10 with the physical keyboard the same number of steps are required...being a long time Blackberry power user using the trackpad to copy/paste like that was a time saver. I'm calling out Michael Clewley here because at the Conference in the Tips and Tricks session he specifically stated that BlackBerry recognizes the importance of reducing the "number of clicks" to do a task and that the trackpad was absolutely not needed. I approached him after the session and reproduced the above steps on my Bold9900 to which he said, I've never done it that way... c'mon Michael, are you serious? In my very humble opinion the Q10 at least should have had existing ease of text selection by allowing the user to use the shift/alt keys in combination with swiping the screen to select/copy and paste words. I find it to be taking a step backwards in the efficiency of using a tool that is supposed to be designed to save me time.

I put this out there not because I'm trying to prove anything but to add my two cents as a user who had realized certain efficiencies of the trackpad. I get that a lot can be done without it, accepted, but give me an equal alternative. BTW I also approached Blaize and Kevin at the conference about this and Kevin thought it would be good to have an article on the copy/paste feature of BBOS vs BB10.
    05-17-13 03:09 PM
    Just wondering if anyone used to use the physical keyboard to copy and paste the following way on BBOS.

To highlight an entire field of text or even a few words or single word - BBOS
    1) hold shift key and swipe up on trackpad to select entire field or swipe across to select single or multiple words
    2) alt + click trackpad to copy
    3) shift + click trackpad to paste

To highlight an entire field of text - BB10
    1) long press on a word
    2) press select all icon from fly out menu
    3) long press the highlighted text
    4) press copy icon from flyout menu
    5) long press in area to paste
    6) press paste icon from flyout menu

Even on the Q10 with the physical keyboard the same number of steps are required...being a long time Blackberry power user using the trackpad to copy/paste like that was a time saver. I'm calling out Michael Clewley here because at the Conference in the Tips and Tricks session he specifically stated that BlackBerry recognizes the importance of reducing the "number of clicks" to do a task and that the trackpad was absolutely not needed. I approached him after the session and reproduced the above steps on my Bold9900 to which he said, I've never done it that way... c'mon Michael, are you serious? In my very humble opinion the Q10 at least should have had existing ease of text selection by allowing the user to use the shift/alt keys in combination with swiping the screen to select/copy and paste words. I find it to be taking a step backwards in the efficiency of using a tool that is supposed to be designed to save me time.

I put this out there not because I'm trying to prove anything but to add my two cents as a user who had realized certain efficiencies of the trackpad. I get that a lot can be done without it, accepted, but give me an equal alternative. BTW I also approached Blaize and Kevin at the conference about this and Kevin thought it would be good to have an article on the copy/paste feature of BBOS vs BB10.
    Press and hold a word..
    .if you want the entire sentence hold just a second more
    If you want the entire paragraph wait a half a second more.

Then press the wanted highlighted area and copy

Then paste it where you want. That is fairly simple and quick.
    05-17-13 03:17 PM
    That does not work in fields that you're actively typing in..i.e. bbm. Also the process of selecting just a few words is not as fine as it was using the trackpad. Even on 10.1 this process is somewhat flaky with the long press sometimes selecting the wrong word (especially when you have bigger fingers). There needs to be integration with the new keyboards and swiping to select text.
    05-17-13 03:30 PM
    Couldn't agree with this more copy pasty even select all and delete was such a breeze with trackpad that was it's #1 function and what's pulling me away from the q10 is the lack of copy paste

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 03:37 PM
    Can't believe Clewley said that.
    The problem with Saunders and Clewley is sometimes they lie to try and talk up the new products.
    The products should be able to stand on their own without lying or misleading people.
    I don't believe a high up at BlackBerry didn't use the trackpad in this manner, when everyone else was.
    mdarr likes this.
    05-17-13 03:54 PM
    This is just plain disappointing. Hope there will be a way of doing this in an update
    06-04-13 02:12 PM
    Maybe 10.2 will bring goodies to make this better

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 03:29 PM
    BB10 Copy/Paste

09-19-13 11:22 PM
    Ok, that has to be a bad example. It just highlights how difficult it can be to do editing. I've experienced similar problems as shown in the video. Hopefully it gets better with time.

Posted via CB10 w/ my Q10
    09-19-13 11:52 PM
    Press and hold a word..
    .if you want the entire sentence hold just a second more
    If you want the entire paragraph wait a half a second more.

Then press the wanted highlighted area and copy

Then paste it where you want. That is fairly simple and quick.
    Sweet. Now let him digest this.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:04 AM
    That does not work in fields that you're actively typing in..i.e. bbm. Also the process of selecting just a few words is not as fine as it was using the trackpad. Even on 10.1 this process is somewhat flaky with the long press sometimes selecting the wrong word (especially when you have bigger fingers). There needs to be integration with the new keyboards and swiping to select text.
    Yes it does. It's system wide. On my Z10 it takes half a second to press n hold, then I tap one work and Select All! If I've selected too much I use the "love handles" to isolate specifically what I needed.

I Ho estoy feel the hate for BlackBerry is primarily from their mistakes,but mostly from users that just will not adjust to the way they do thi gs asking in a positive tone by using the social channels officially created and monitored by BlackBerry themselves to re enable missing features. From what I've trouble shoot ed over 10 yes and seen in BB10.2 it's not missing just another way of thinking to do the required task.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:09 AM