Why RIM not convert bb10 to android with update os to bb10, so many bb10 lover waiting this moment RIM update OS10 to using android
    gamegurl likes this.
    07-27-19 07:49 PM
    Why RIM not convert bb10 to android with update os to bb10, so many bb10 lover waiting this moment RIM update OS10 to using android
    Because there is no profit in it.
    07-28-19 12:12 AM
    If there were many BB10 lovers they wouldn't need to go to Android.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-28-19 07:07 AM
    Because there is no profit in it.
    Not only no profit, but substantial cost - which would mean a substantial LOSS.

Honda didn't recall my 1986 Honda Civic in 1993 when they started offering ABS in the newer cars and retrofit it onto my older car. You wanted ABS? You had to buy a new car. That's the way the world works.
    Mecca EL and Trouveur like this.
    07-28-19 12:38 PM

Honda didn't recall my 1986 Honda Civic in 1993 when they started offering ABS in the newer cars and retrofit it onto my older car. You wanted ABS? You had to buy a new car. That's the way the world works.
    So you're saying BlackBerry ltd isn't going to offer to replace our BB10 devices' processors with a 660 running Android 8.1.0 and ship it back to us for free?
    app_Developer and rarsen like this.
    07-28-19 12:46 PM

Shocking!!!!! Just shocking.....
    07-28-19 01:43 PM
    So you're saying BlackBerry ltd isn't going to offer to replace our BB10 devices' processors with a 660 running Android 8.1.0 and ship it back to us for free?

I check the mailbox everyday....
    the_boon and NRB like this.
    07-28-19 01:43 PM
    Several problems with your post.

1. RIM no longer exists. That name was dropped 6 years ago.

2. Most BB10 "lovers" actually love to OS. Android is the antithesis of that. "Convert" BB10 to android means the phone is no longer BB10.

3. If you want android, then buy a flippin' android phone. It's really not that hard.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    07-28-19 07:52 PM
    Who set the blasted mulberry bush on fire again?
    m3ach likes this.
    07-29-19 12:15 AM
    I think OP was just wondering why BBMo isn't interested in having the most numbers of active BlackBerry phone users. By allowing an update, users who want to could update their device and keep using it since bb10 is dead.

I'm not advocating for an update but it would be a strategic move. One of the reasons Windows 10 was a "free" upgrade (which was very expensive, and users paid for it in other ways) is because MS wanted as many computers running it as possible and migrate people off 7&8. Eh, would be cool but again no profit for BlackBerry and BlackBerry isn't interested it as other have stated.
    07-29-19 12:46 AM
    BBMo has already provided the update path that makes the most sense by offering a free device with paid upgrade to Android ecosystem. This is necessary since BB10 hardware cannot handle the upgrade directly.
    07-29-19 04:40 AM
    BBMo has already provided the update path that makes the most sense by offering a free device with paid upgrade to Android ecosystem. This is necessary since BB10 hardware cannot handle the upgrade directly.
    This is the clincher they all miss. It's NOT possible to run native Android on OS10 hardware. All else becomes irrelevant.
    07-29-19 09:09 AM
    This is the clincher they all miss. It's NOT possible to run native Android on OS10 hardware. All else becomes irrelevant.
    But why would anyone want to anyway? It's hardware from 2012. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    07-29-19 10:28 AM
    But, the Passport is a bit newer...

07-29-19 10:35 AM
    But, the Passport is a bit newer...

A Bit....

Bottom line I expect a few could deal with the old hardware, if they could have the smaller PKB (or wider) format with full Android. But again of maybe 200K BB10 users, how many of them are Android Fans?
    07-29-19 01:09 PM
    I check the mailbox everyday....

Free.............................hmmmmmm Let me think.........................NO
    07-29-19 01:24 PM
    New custom builds of Android run on the HP Touchpad, a tablet from 2011.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-19 06:14 PM
    Of course people (enthusiasts) would want it. That's the whole point of other older devices with unlocked bootrom: to revive them with custom Android roms that are optimized and lightweight. Need look no further than the entirety of xda forums.

Agreed that it'll never happen for BlackBerry devices. But to ask why anyone would want it is a bit cavalier.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-19 06:17 PM
    Hey khudri,

There actually are many phones running Android under the Blackberry Mobile brand. But as others have pointed out, the reason BB10 users stick with BB10 is that they love the OS. Each person has to make that call for themselves, and if you'd like to move to Android that's definitely easy to do and possible with Blackberry Mobile. But BB10 lovers in general are not wanting that to happen.
    08-01-19 04:17 AM
    I run two phones and just bought a brand new passport SE so I can keep running BB10.

Love my passport and my old one's kb was not doing "n" properly. Now that I have a new one I will take the old one apart and try to clean the old kb. I couldn't risk losing my passport SE. Now if I fix the kb I'll have one I can use as spare or use when going less friendly places to play.

I love BB10 and several apps I have work better on bb10 over android on my key2. I connect to exchange servers and log all calls and texts to my Exchange calendar. All the android apps that do geofencing or call logging do it to their own database because they don't understand how I want the same stuff over 2 phones and multiple pc's

I have an Android key2 for FB, IG, twitter, netflix, youtube, video and plain socializing. I use bb10 for work, email, writing, logging work. Android still sucks. It works but it isn't as good. I would never want android on my PPSE. The key2 is better hardware for android. Android is a pig. The key2 works as well as one can expect when running Android. And I love having the kb for texting, messaging etc.

PP Silver Ed. + Key2
    08-01-19 10:03 PM
    I bet if BlackBerry had allowed it, most BB10 users would have converted over the Android long ago.

Would a remnant have stuck with BB10, of course. But PlayBook and BB10 device owners that wanted a real smartphone experience would have loved to see a full Android port for that hardware.
    08-05-19 10:10 AM
    I bet if BlackBerry had allowed it, most BB10 users would have converted over the Android long ago.

Knowing BlackBerry, it would have been an irreversible upgrade.

Knowing CrackBerry, everyone would be in here b******g that they couldn't go back ...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    08-05-19 01:51 PM
    I bet if BlackBerry had allowed it, most BB10 users would have converted over the Android upgraded to a new BB10 phone long ago.

Would a remnant have stuck with BB10, of course. But PlayBook and BB10 device owners that wanted IS a real smartphone experience would have loved to see a full Android port for that hardware.
    FTFY.
    08-14-19 01:37 PM
    FTFY.
    Revisionist history....
    08-14-19 02:39 PM
    RevisionARY!ist history....
    That too.
    08-14-19 11:12 PM
31 12