Hi guys. Just got my new Z30 a few days ago. Loving it!

Just having some issues with the contacts. They seem to duplicating themselves but none of my other accounts are synced. Even after I delete all my contacts and reload from a backup it still duplicates. The weird thing is that the duplicated contacts are actually empty and contain no contact info.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:08 AM
    This is happening because the device is pulling in contacts from online sources besides what you transferred over. There is a program some of us use to automatically combine these entries called ContactX

Contact X - BlackBerry World

You can also do this manually yourself, it's called linking. Pull up one of the dupe contacts, and then click on the link button and then add link, and select the duplicate.
    03-27-14 10:24 AM
    This is happening because the device is pulling in contacts from online sources besides what you transferred over. There is a program some of us use to automatically combine these entries called ContactX

Contact X - BlackBerry World

You can also do this manually yourself, it's called linking. Pull up one of the dupe contacts, and then click on the link button and then add link, and select the duplicate.
    Hi pk, you might have tried more contact management apps than me, how does Contact X compare to others like Max Contact Manager regarding reliability?

I don't want to lose info, and I won't hesitate to buy another app.

I would like to really merge those duplicates into one piece of info, not made up of several linked pieces. A "hard merge", if that's a good expression.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    03-27-14 10:37 AM
    Hi pk, you might have tried more contact management apps than me, how does Contact X compare to others like Max Contact Manager regarding reliability?

I don't want to lose info, and I won't hesitate to buy another app.

I would like to really merge those duplicates into one piece of info, not made up of several linked pieces. A "hard merge", if that's a good expression.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    It worked ok for me, BUT I had the best success just doing it manually, yes one lazy saturday afternoon I just sat and did it and linked and or deleted all the dupes manually, via the device itself! THAT was the best way to fix the problem. Here is a link to Ba1ze's review on ContactX....

Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com
    03-27-14 01:02 PM
    Thank you!!!
    The contact duplication issue was very annoying to me.
    I read this thread today, and bought the Contact X app.
    IT TOTALLY WORKED!!!!!!
    NO MORE DUPLICATES!!!!!
    For me, I clicked on " auto merge" or something like that, so I didn't have to go thru the one by one process, it did it all by itself.
    I had to play around with the app for a bit, and even un installed it at one point, but the process was pretty painless, and perhaps the best two bucks I have ever spent.
    Repeat, .IT TOTALLY REMOVED ALL DUPLICATE CONTACTS !!!

Posted via CB10
    pkcable and tx ram like this.
    03-28-14 12:36 AM
    Thanks for all your replies.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:50 AM