I recently got a brand new Passport, but I am having difficulty with the Contacts app, because it has changed the format of all the phone numbers in the locally stored contacts which I imported.

These contacts started life on my old Bold. I then transferred them to my Z30 using Device Switch. About two years ago I transferred them again, this time to my Priv using Content Transfer. On this latest occasion (Priv to Passport), since Content Transfer only works one way (BB to Android), I did the transfer using Device Switch once again. Through all the earlier transfers the phone numbers have been kept as they were entered i.e. following UK conventions. However, after this last transfer they now all appear in the format XXX-XXX-XXXXX. I assume that this convention and the use of the hyphens is a format used in North America. Whether that is true or not, I find it incredibly annoying, because it breaks the number up in all the wrong places so far as the UK is concerned, and it makes the numbers very difficult to read to someone else because all the usual patterns are broken.

Short of manually editing hundreds of numbers, does anyone know how to fix this?
    11-05-17 05:43 PM
    I recently got a brand new Passport, but I am having difficulty with the Contacts app, because it has changed the format of all the phone numbers in the locally stored contacts which I imported.

These contacts started life on my old Bold. I then transferred them to my Z30 using Device Switch. About two years ago I transferred them again, this time to my Priv using Content Transfer. On this latest occasion (Priv to Passport), since Content Transfer only works one way (BB to Android), I did the transfer using Device Switch once again. Through all the earlier transfers the phone numbers have been kept as they were entered i.e. following UK conventions. However, after this last transfer they now all appear in the format XXX-XXX-XXXXX. I assume that this convention and the use of the hyphens is a format used in North America. Whether that is true or not, I find it incredibly annoying, because it breaks the number up in all the wrong places so far as the UK is concerned, and it makes the numbers very difficult to read to someone else because all the usual patterns are broken.

Short of manually editing hundreds of numbers, does anyone know how to fix this?
    Stick with Android ? ;-(
    11-05-17 05:48 PM
    No thanks.
    11-05-17 05:55 PM
    No thanks.
    Then your next step is starting at the beginning of your contact list and manually entering. BB10 to Android seems to be more of a one way street as BB10 has been practically EOL'd. At it's "height", I don't think any developers created any 3rd party Android to BB10 solution you're looking for.
    11-05-17 06:04 PM

Link your contacts to your Gmail account with the Priv, then enter this Gmail account on the Passport et show contacts from the Google account and not locally.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to do it without using "the cloud". But if I can't find a way, I'll bear in mind what you say.
    11-05-17 06:20 PM