Hi guys! Making this short as possible, I want to sync all my BlackBerry contacts to sync to my gmail account. Wherein every time I add a contact on my BlackBerry, it also adds on my gmail. I was able to do this by adding my gmail account to the contacts settings to sync to.

Now I can see that all the contacts I add gets SUCCESSFULLY ported to my gmail account as well. But the problem is, the new contacts I add get synced, but the old contacts I previously have does not.

Now I get into each and every unsynced contact and I can see then when I click "Copy", I can see that that contact is synced with the gmail account. So it's supposed to be there right? Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you Crackberry fans for the help!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 07:23 AM
    You gotta manually copy each one of them into your Gmail. Hope you have your patience metter filled!

Uncheck the local and check Gmail. Save and move on.
    popengchan likes this.
    07-19-14 12:21 PM
    You gotta manually copy each one of them into your Gmail. Hope you have your patience metter filled!

Uncheck the local and check Gmail. Save and move on.
    Hi, sorry, follow up question, why do I have to uncheck local? I'm kind of afraif tinkering small things in the contacts. You know how tricky contacts are in BlackBerry. One wrong move and they're all gone.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-20-14 08:03 AM
    I don't really. Mine have always worked great (though I have NEVER used local).

Just copy them to Gmail then,do t unchecked local. Go to Gmail and check if they are there. Then feel free to unlink the local and delete it.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan likes this.
    07-20-14 08:24 AM
    I don't really. Mine have always worked great (though I have NEVER used local).

Just copy them to Gmail then,do t unchecked local. Go to Gmail and check if they are there. Then feel free to unlink the local and delete it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for my ignorance really. But why do I have to uncheck local again? What does local do?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:43 AM
    Sorry for my ignorance really. But why do I have to uncheck local again? What does local do?

Posted via CB10
    There are no silly questions (and no spoon either). You should uncheck and delete the local versions because there is no point on keeping them. You'll have the gmail ones in sync. Any changes made to those on your device or on the web will show in all access points, while if you change the local one, there is always the chance something will break and you'll lose data.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-20-14 at 10:36 AM.
    popengchan likes this.
    07-20-14 09:59 AM
    There are no silly questions (and no spoon either). You should uncheck and delete the local versions because there is no point on keeping them. Youll have the gmail ones in sync. Any changes made to those on your device or on the web will show in all access points, while if yo change the local one, there is always the chance something will break and you'll lose data.
    Thank you so much!!!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-20-14 10:17 AM