Hello BlackBerry Balance users! I am sporting a Z10 on my company's enterprise with Balance activated. I ran into an interesting problem with my contacts. It seems to exist to all BB10 users with Balance, at least on our system anyway.

If I go into the Contacts app, select a contact, tap the 'Actvity' tab, I get a list of recent activities with this user. (i.e. SMS, email, etc.) If I tap on an email in that list, that was through my personal email, it doesn't take me to that email. However, if the activity I select was through my company's email, it works fine. This is only an issue with personal email accounts.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks,
    05-08-13 06:41 AM
    I have Balance set up connected to our 10.1 server, and here is what I did to try and reproduce your situation.
    1. Composed an email using my personal email account to my boss's work email address through a contact in my personal contacts.
    2. Composed an email using my personal email account to my boss's work email address through a contact in my work contacts.

I think went to to the activity of both my work and personal contact for my boss and could see and open both emails. I.E. I couldn't reproduce your issue.

Please let me know if the email you couldn't send was created another way and I will try to reproduce that.

FYI my OS is 10.1.0.264 and we upgraded to the "Gold Candidate" BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1 Bundle 69 (v10.1.0.67).
    05-08-13 11:09 AM
    Can you have someone outside of your work send you an email to your personal account? A brand new email, not a reply. Ensure this person is a contract. Try and open the email through the Contact app as discussed before. I'm doing some tests and your previous method has given me something else to think about. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:56 PM
    You know, the new email or reply is irrelevant. I'm getting failures on both. My sent items from me seem to be okay when I check someone's Contact. It's the inbox that's killing me.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:58 PM
    I sent an email to my wife from my outlook.com imap account. I go to my contacts, select my wife, activities, select the email I just sent, it cannot open the message. If I send with my work account, it works fine. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:15 PM
    I had my co-worker send my personal email a message, and I opened it through the activity tab of the two contacts I had for him (one in the personal contacts and one in the work contacts). I even used Balance and switched to the Work side and had no issues there either.

I am not using IMAP for my personal email, but rather ActiveSync. Perhaps the issue is with the IMAP account specifically?
    Also why are you using IMAP for Outlook.com when they support ActiveSync?

Sorry if I am reading things wrong or just not getting what you are trying to say.
    05-08-13 01:46 PM
    Maybe imap is my problem. I also have a Rogers/Yahoo account that is setup imap. That has another issue altogether. It never even crossed my mind to use active sync for outlook.com.

Let me give that a try and see what I get.

Thank you for your assistance.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:10 PM
    On the bright side, it seems like this problem is only with my company's server. On the downside, it seems like this problem is only with my company's server. I will have to check with the Admin, to find out server version and maybe see what settings are in place.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:42 AM
    On the bright side, it seems like this problem is only with my company's server. On the downside, it seems like this problem is only with my company's server. I will have to check with the Admin, to find out server version and maybe see what settings are in place.

Posted via CB10
    For what it's worth my organization (w/ BES 10.1) and my separate lab (w/o BES 10.1) is running Exchange 2010 SP2 (upgrading to SP3 tonight) and we are using ActiveSync.
    05-09-13 12:04 PM