Hi,

after the last upgrade I found some contacts are linked to wrong pictures and wrong phone numbers. There is also one contact which has a lot of phone number which I never linked to this entry. This is very confusing as also some E-Mail contacts are wrong now.

Any out out there also had this problem and found a cure?

Regards,

daniel

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 03:13 PM
    Try a hard reset first,
    08-15-14 03:16 PM
    no other possibility than hard rest "first"?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 12:03 AM
    Before I post solution, what sources are your contacts syncing/saving to

Local, sim, social, activesync(outlook), carddav(gmail) or all of the above
    08-16-14 12:53 AM
    all sources

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:38 AM
    all sources

Posted via CB10
    1. create a backup of settings using BlackBerry Link.

2. download contacts imex from app world and use this to backup your contacts to vcf (preferably on SD card if you have one)

This might take a while depending on how many contacts you have (roughly 100 contacts/minute) and I noticed the process goes faster if the screen is on (so I changed my timeout to 5 minutes)

3. go to settings > accounts
    Open the menu and hit clear local contacts. This takes a while as well, you'll know it is finished when device monitor > cpu settles.

4. Reboot device. Wait 3-5 minutes after reboot then check your contacts.

Are your contact links still messed up? If so, go to step 5.

If your links aren't messed up, go to step 6.

5. Remove all of your alternate contact sources /social accounts and email addresses that are syncing Also go to contacts > settings and delete sim card contacts as well. Again, this takes a while.
    Reboot again

6. Use contacts imex to import your contacts from the vcf file you created in step 2.

After step 6 finishes you should have contacts that are local ONLY with no linking problems.

7. Now, to add your social accounts back.

***Do the accounts 1 at a time and let them finish syncing before starting another.**** < most important step.

For example, add your carddav account, then WAIT for cpu usage to drop, then move on to adding Facebook etc.

*In between steps, always check device monitor > cpu usage to ensure the previous process has completed
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 08-16-14 at 11:20 AM.
    08-16-14 09:21 AM
    Thanks, I'll try this!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:16 AM
    After you get them fixed, go and get apps like back up pro or contactx from BBW and save them to your sd card, i do this and never a problem.
    08-17-14 10:10 AM
    After you get them fixed, go and get apps like back up pro or contactx from BBW and save them to your sd card, i do this and never a problem.
    Do you read? .. that's like step 2..
    08-17-14 10:36 AM
    Do you read? .. that's like step 2..
    Ha ha no I didn't actually. Thanks and sorry

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:37 AM
    make sure non of your numbers are linked with facebook or twitter before backing up with any app or link. You will lose the number because all those apps won't back up facebook info and it thinks that it's part of facebook and won't back it up.

You will have to manually merge all your social media accounts (facebook, twitter and linkedin) every time you load up a new OS
    08-17-14 01:53 PM
    the funny thing is you shouldn't have to do any of this it should just work like it does on android and iphone.

The issue is if you dig into the OS and go into the contacts app you will see that the linked contacts are fragmented. There there should be 1 contact with all the info, not just 5 pieces of info linked into 1 contact.
    08-17-14 01:55 PM
    [QUOTE=khehl;10726119]the funny thing is you shouldn't have to do any of this it should just work like it does on android and iphone.

Well all platforms have their own issues, so BB has a couple i can put up with, i couldn't handle the others in the other platforms.
    08-17-14 02:02 PM
    [QUOTE=Slff;10726143]
    the funny thing is you shouldn't have to do any of this it should just work like it does on android and iphone.

Well all platforms have their own issues, so BB has a couple i can put up with, i couldn't handle the others in the other platforms.
    This is a productivity phone, PIM apps should be number 1 priority. Oh well, I was told that they are completely rewriting the contacts app for later 10.3 builds.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:32 PM
    [QUOTE=khehl;10726279]

This is a productivity phone, PIM apps should be number 1 priority. Oh well, I was told that they are completely rewriting the contacts app for later 10.3 builds.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, I do agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    08-17-14 02:35 PM
    I tried the procedure but was not successful. The whole thing is a mess. I found several post in several forums where people are complaining about this problem since 2013.

I think the problem is that backing up the contacts is saving the wrong information from the messed up contact app/book.

When I restored from this backup at the end if both ways of the procedure described above, the contact list was messed up again.

That's what I did now to clean everything up:

1. our BES Admin stopped contact sync for the work space

2. I deleted all social accounts from the phone

3. I deleted all local contacts and the ones on the SIM card. I was not able to determine all single messed up contact entries because of 2.600 contacts would have simply take me to long to go through them.

4. rebooted the device

5. BES admin reactivated contact sync from the server and contact list is filling up.

6. I added back my social accounts one after the other with respect to the CPU load to start the next account not before one is finished.

7. currently I'm investigating how I can extract relevant contact information from the backup file I created with the contacts ImEx App because with after all I definitely lost some contacts and some information on contacts.

I hope BlackBerry will fix this problem so that further updates will not cause the same problem. I think if I experience this a second time I will loose my believe that Blackberry is able to deliver a professional device and MDM solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 03:07 PM