Hi

Given that contacts that you ask to sync with Google don't always sync with Google, who do people recommend to sync your BB10 contacts with?

Meaning that I enter or edit a contact on my phone and it finds its way to a cloud service.

Posted via CB10
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    08-12-14 12:36 PM
    Personally i would try Back up pro on BBW its a great app and you can back up to your sd or cloud, and it does more than just contacts.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-12-14 07:50 PM
    Never had an issue with Outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 07:52 PM
    Outlook.com works great for me too.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    08-12-14 07:55 PM
    I also use outlook.com and haven't had any issues.
    08-12-14 08:10 PM
    Hi

Given that contacts that you ask to sync with Google don't always sync with Google, who do people recommend to sync your BB10 contacts with?

Meaning that I enter or edit a contact on my phone and it finds its way to a cloud service.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that's going insane over this.
    08-12-14 08:44 PM
    The contacts app is the only thing I absolutely HATE on my phone. It's too messed up.

Posted via CB10 from my (amazing) Z30.
    Gerii likes this.
    08-13-14 01:51 AM
    Thanks, i'll try outlook.com

BlackBerry contacts is a mess - at very least they should let you merge contacts rather than this linking nonsense which doesn't work properly and doesn't sync properly with anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:41 AM
    I use Outlook.com. It's not perfect, but it is the best option I have found so far. I avoid blackberry Link like the plague. How BlackBerry can go through three official updates and let the Contacts still be a mess is beyond any reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 03:19 PM
    Outlook.com is not a viable solution for folks like myself who are embedded in gmail. The real solution we have been asking for is to fix the dam contacts app.

I can't understand for the life of me how Blackberry can't devote some resources to not only fixing the contacts app, but the Facebook one too???

He we are long into OS10 and still having these issues, should have been addressed a long time ago. This was one of the major gripes on the older OS7 way back when, major bugs not being fixed in a timely fashion. Why??????

Sent using the CB forums app.
    08-13-14 03:24 PM
    Another thread on this... and yet I always have a complaint ever since the first release of OS10 (z10 on release day)

Had a phone call today and my caller was in my contacts, basically asking me to whatsapp a reminder to them around a certain time, contact display showed up at time of call, yet time to send a whatsapp cannot be found in the contact listing ended up sending an sms instead... really?!?! really?!?!?! What a load of crap this contacts on BlackBerry 10 really is... and as said before and person above me can attest, never had this problem on iPhone or Android

Honestly, if it isn't addressed in the formal OS10.3 release. I'll be moving on

Caribbean Z30
    08-13-14 11:18 PM
    I gave up on the contacys app

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:33 AM
    I never use the link features and have one master address list using Outlook.com.

Don't have problems

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    08-14-14 05:01 AM
    I think the problem is with the BB10 devices communicating with Google contacts. I have 3 devices that sync to 3 different outlook.com accounts. They have never had any contacts issue.

Bought a z3 for my friend two weeks back and it was having major issues syncing to Google. I ended up using the computer to create a new outlook.com account for her and import all her Google contacts into outlook. Never had a problem on her phone with contacts after that.

For the ones having contact issues, try creating a new outlook.com account just for contacts. Remove the 'Google contacts' and have just 'contacts' to sync from outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:03 AM
    I had to put on hold my Z30 because this contact mess. I am using MExchange which supposedly should sync contacts with device. However from times to times it's a completely mess with FB,Google, Linkedin accounsts. Sometimes links randomly the contacts, other contacts just disappear and so on. I am not in the mood to update contacts manually having ME account from times to time. So I just bought a cheap Nokia Lumia 630 dual SIM while in vacation which I am using until BB sort out the problem which I hope it does with 10.3 OS launch. Please do it sooner if possible 'couse I miss so much my Z30 (although Nokia is doing a good job in the meantime with its WP 8.1. For EUR 170 I think its a good device).
    08-14-14 08:48 AM
    I don't even use the contacts app anymore, can't stand it.

I stopped syncing contacts with all emails Facebook, Twitter etc, turned off sim contacts and deleted all my contacts to start again this time using only Intouch Contacts to manage it. This way I always have my contacts in the cloud too.

And now if I want to find a contact I find them using the universal search/ blackberry assistant thingy.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:36 AM
    Mac contact application. Backup with Backup Pro.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-14-14 11:38 AM
    The worst is when the contacts app freezes or stops working and caller id stops working. So many days all I see if their phone number when I know that its programmed under a name.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-14-14 11:43 AM
    The worst is when the contacts app freezes or stops working and caller id stops working. So many days all I see if their phone number when I know that its programmed under a name.

Posted via CrackBerry App

that happens a lot as well
    08-14-14 11:50 AM
    I use the app "Backup Pro" and backup my contacts weekly to Dropbox. I use the optional encryption built into the app.
    08-15-14 10:42 AM
    Ditched Google and moved contacts to iCloud. Let's see how I get on.

Another contacts peeve, I look at a contact and see LinkedIn with an option to connect or Facebook with an option to Add Friend. What a great feature! Except it doesn't French Connectioning work naturally, those buttons are there even if I am already connected...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:07 PM
    I recently changed from syncing with Google to activesync with mdaemon. No more problems so far but in both cases I keep finding new empty entries, just with contact 's name and no other data and linked with that contact.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 07:38 PM