When I save an email address to my contact, I expect to see my desired name on their new incoming emails. But the emails come on my device with the name that they have chosen previously.

For example if you name yourself "John Chen" when you create your email address, and I save your email address in my contacts as "********"I will still get your emails with name "John Chen".

I mean as far I see, we don't have enough power to save a contact as we wish.

Do you know a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 11:36 AM
    In your contact list, you may save your contacts as whatever name you want.
    Their emails come in with their name...whatever it is before the @ sign. That you cannot change.
    I have a contact Richard and I get his emails like this rlovejoy@...........
    (Just an example)

Sometimes my emails work as you say you want them to...but I have no control over that.
    habibvalil likes this.
    08-17-14 08:12 AM
    In your contact list, you may save your contacts as whatever name you want.
    Their emails come in with their name...whatever it is before the @ sign. That you cannot change.
    I have a contact Richard and I get his emails like this rlovejoy@...........
    (Just an example)

Sometimes my emails work as you say you want them to...but I have no control over that.
    umm you are talking about changing the actual address, he is talking about linking a name to an email address which is completely different.

Example:
    Contact name: jim bob
    Number: (111) 111-1111
    Email: [email protected]

If i get a text, email or call I should see jim bob not the email address or number. Just like when creating and email.
    so if the guy's actual name is richard bob but i changed the name in my contacts to jim bob. I expect to see jim bob and not richard bob.
    On all email clients and etc when you can an email address and press comma or semi colan the email address turns into the persons name.
    Or you can add the email address by name then click on the name to see the email address.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm on 10.3.0.296 and i always get the name of the person in my email inbox.

I'm only having the OP's issue for when I get a call or text (sometimes). Sometimes it just displays a number and not the name even though the person is in my Contacts. It's also been a spotty problem on 10.2.1 (not sure about the latest releases)
    habibvalil likes this.
    08-17-14 01:39 PM
    Check your contact to see if it has a link. If so, if is getting the name from the link. you can unlink it and delete the one you don't want.
    08-17-14 06:19 PM
    Check your contact to see if it has a link. If so, if is getting the name from the link. you can unlink it and delete the one you don't want.
    the displayed name comes from the email provider such as google (gmail) and that is the name ( name and family name) that the email owner entered when he/she has created the email address.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:07 PM

Yes sometimes. Actually I have noticed that outgoing emails are displayed with the name that I have given to that contact, but incoming emails come with the name that the contact has selected for his/her email address.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:14 PM

I'm on 10.3.0.296 and i always get the name of the person in my email inbox.

I'm only having the OP's issue for when I get a call or text (sometimes). Sometimes it just displays a number and not the name even though the person is in my Contacts. It's also been a spotty problem on 10.2.1 (not sure about the latest releases)
    You mean on 10.3 the name of the local contact is displayed on their emails? That would be great.

And about your issue, I don't have that. But sometimes I look at my call logs and see some numbers without their names, such as my home number that I have called earlier!
    I use an app called speed dial, and I have saved some of my important numbers as icons on the desktop for quick access. That can be the reason for this issue, but I don't care much about that.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:19 PM