We can share contacts again!! Yeah!!!
    That was one pain point for me.

Awesome !!!

03/28/2015 Edit

*** OK so now on 2558 and the same result. BB has not fixed this issue***

This is somewhat annoying as it was working in 10.3.0.xxxx

______

*** issues did not resolve itself as I posted before***

BUT, after a complete wipe and restored a backup, just before I wiped, it seems to be ok. I will report back if any other issues arise.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Now it's the flicker issue which is really a problem and annoying.

After doing the latest update 10.3.1.1581, I am honestly at a loss of words unless someone can assist in resolving the issues.

There are many, but I will start with the one mentioned in the headline.

I was able to edit my contacts by using the cut & paste features and move data around within the contact information am editing. After the update, well to my shock, we can't copy, cut & paste!!

You can select a portion of data or all and you can only share, that's it. Nothing more!! No scissors, no paste...freaked out! What!!!

Further to this, i tried to attach a contact to an email this morning, just to find i can't do it anymore! None of them!!!

So if anyone can clarify the situation and would be grateful!!

Now, out of pure frustration of not being able to be productive and fast, i say "Who's the ****** that screwed this up at BlackBerry" C'mon, this is basic 101 stuff!!

PS. And the volume issue, does not seem to be affecting my passport, but I do have to say that I'm only tuning the latest update for almost 24hrs.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.0.908, OS 10.3.0.1418
    Last edited by pepe68; 06-04-15 at 06:02 PM.
    02-23-15 10:50 AM
    Strange, specially since I can do all the stuff you said you can't.

Try holding the top buttom till you see the red led and blackberry logo.

Honestly? I'd double check if Link is working, then (if it is) perform two custom backups: one only settings, one only apps (making sure NOT to include BlackBerry Runtime).

After that, security wipe your phone (could take up to 4 hours depending on how much stuff is in there - you can make it faster by deleting stuff manually). Reboot, do the setup and plug to Link. Reload APPS backup only. See how stuff is, if everything is working fine. Then load SETTINGS backup. You'll have to enter password for every account again and let them sync over.

This should do the trick. If it doesn't, Wipe again, load APPS only and add accounts and settings manually.

Best of luck
    02-23-15 12:03 PM
    FWIW, I am able to cut/copy/paste any data within a contact. I can also share any contact into a new email. This is on a Classic btw.
    02-23-15 12:13 PM

Honestly? I'd double check if Link is working, then (if it is) perform two custom backups: one only settings, one only apps (making sure NOT to include BlackBerry Runtime).

After that, security wipe your phone (could take up to 4 hours depending on how much stuff is in there - you can make it faster by deleting stuff manually). Reboot, do the setup and plug to Link. Reload APPS backup only. See how stuff is, if everything is working fine. Then load SETTINGS backup. You'll have to enter password for every account again and let them sync over.

This should do the trick. If it doesn't, Wipe again, load APPS only and add accounts and settings manually.

Best of luck
    Thanks for the advice. I rebooted several times using regular & full restart and no luck. I managed to edit on contact profile, but as soon as I was done i couldn't do it to another. Weird. I'm travelling at the moment and will have to start from scratch when I get home.

Thanks again!

02-23-15 12:34 PM
    FWIW, I am able to cut/copy/paste any data within a contact. I can also share any contact into a new email. This is on a Classic btw.
    Thanks for the info. Obviously something is not right on my device.

Cheers!

02-23-15 12:34 PM

Best of luck
    Complete wipe of the device and restored from a backup from a few minutes before. This seems to have done the trick. I will work with the device for another few days and report back if there are any other issues.

Thank you for the help!

Cheers!
    diegonei likes this.
    03-03-15 08:53 PM
    03/28/2015 Edit

*** OK so now on 2558 and the same result. BB has not fixed this issue***

This is somewhat annoying as it was working in 10.3.0.xxxx

______

*** issues did not resolve itself as I posted before***

BUT, after a complete wipe and restored a backup, just before I wiped, it seems to be ok. I will report back if any other issues arise.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Now it's the flicker issue which is really a problem and annoying.

After doing the latest update 10.3.1.1581, I am honestly at a loss of words unless someone can assist in resolving the issues.

There are many, but I will start with the one mentioned in the headline.

I was able to edit my contacts by using the cut & paste features and move data around within the contact information am editing. After the update, well to my shock, we can't copy, cut & paste!!

You can select a portion of data or all and you can only share, that's it. Nothing more!! No scissors, no paste...freaked out! What!!!

Further to this, i tried to attach a contact to an email this morning, just to find i can't do it anymore! None of them!!!

So if anyone can clarify the situation and would be grateful!!

Now, out of pure frustration of not being able to be productive and fast, i say "Who's the ****** that screwed this up at BlackBerry" C'mon, this is basic 101 stuff!!

PS. And the volume issue, does not seem to be affecting my passport, but I do have to say that I'm only tuning the latest update for almost 24hrs.

03-28-15 02:47 PM
    After updating to : SR 10.3.2.440, OS 10.3.2.680
    We can share contacts again!! Yeah!!!
    That was one pain point for me.

Awesome !!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.2.440, OS 10.3.2.680
    06-04-15 06:02 PM