Hey guys,
    This one is odd. I've read a lot of contact issues on here and haven't really found this one yet. Maybe you can help me out.

I am running 10.2.1.176 on AT&T. This is an official release, not a leaked OS version. I did a security wipe and let the phone install from there and that is the OS version I ended up with on a clean install. I have an Office365 account from work (live cloud sync'ing), when I added my work email account to the phone it imported all those contacts for me. But for what ever reason, they all came in with duplicate info in them. Some have the email address listed 5 times, the address listed 3 or 4 times, stuff like that. Any idea what's going on there?

I also tried deleting all contacts from :settings/accounts/...button/delete local contacts" but that didn't remove them. My hope there was to clear the contacts from the phone, then sync using Link and hope they came in right.

Any ideas here? I'm at a loss.
    11-21-13 11:55 AM
    Hey guys,
    This one is odd. I've read a lot of contact issues on here and haven't really found this one yet. Maybe you can help me out.

I am running 10.2.1.176 on AT&T. This is an official release, not a leaked OS version. I did a security wipe and let the phone install from there and that is the OS version I ended up with on a clean install. I have an Office365 account from work (live cloud sync'ing), when I added my work email account to the phone it imported all those contacts for me. But for what ever reason, they all came in with duplicate info in them. Some have the email address listed 5 times, the address listed 3 or 4 times, stuff like that. Any idea what's going on there?

I also tried deleting all contacts from :settings/accounts/...button/delete local contacts" but that didn't remove them. My hope there was to clear the contacts from the phone, then sync using Link and hope they came in right.

Any ideas here? I'm at a loss.
    You probably have mistated the OS number. ATT has not released a 10.2.1 OS yet. Nor has it released 10.2 yet. The only thing could be that you have loaded an official from somewhere else or a leak and are running it on AT&T. Can you correct your OS or clarify, please.
    Last edited by newcollector; 11-21-13 at 12:32 PM.
    11-21-13 12:12 PM
    I don't think so. I tried to load the leaked 10.2.1.1055 and had some issues with it. So I did a security wipe and let the phone reset itself and load the OS from scratch and this is what I ended up with -
    Contacts With Duplicate Info In Them-img_00000001.png
    11-21-13 12:49 PM