So I have synced my contacts from Gmail and my exchange account at work. My contact for my wife and daughter don't exist - if I search for my wife first name (which is in my gmail contacts) it doesn't exist. I try to add it as a local contact, so it will stop disappearing but when I got to add it, it says the contact exists already, but when I look I have ZERO contacts in my local drive, and when I search for my wife name it doesn't exist. Holy crap are the blackberry contacts bad. My personal iPhone I have not spent one second trying to figure it out, I just linked my accounts and it was done, no four billion duplicates, no missing contacts - this is just awful for an "enterprise" solution. No wonder so many people at work carry a personal iPhone instead of the company paid for blackberry.
    09-13-15 08:24 PM
    I've noticed the same thing with my contacts as well. Duplicates with my gmail and LinkedIn accounts. My phone doesn't recognize the name during a contact search, but once I message a person then there appears to be duplicates of their contact information.

This has only happened to me one time so far. I've had my phone since late July of this year.
    09-13-15 08:33 PM
    For me, Contacts on BlackBerry 10 used to be a disaster, but now they work well. I gave up fighting and let it merge all contacts, and it worked rather well!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 04:36 AM
    I pulled SIM card for OS update and after OS updated then inserted back SIM card. I don't synch e mail. I have been experienced of automatically deleted and duplicate contact issues on OS10.2.2.xx. By right the OS update is not cause to be corruption to SIM card. Maybe SIM card issues peeping the OS 10.

Z10/STL100-2 ***OS 2639***
    09-14-15 06:15 AM
    Mine work alright. Not sure why it doesn't for some. No doubt though that Apple has greater resources to make these things work. More like, Google has made their contacts compatible with Apple. BlackBerry may be too small to worry them.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 02:01 PM
    I found I had that problem as well but I figured it out. Now this was a while ago but it all has to do with the linking of the contacts and the exact spelling of the name. If they are all liked to a contact with different spelling then it won't find it. Just take one contact and dig deep and perhaps unlink and rename. It's is a simple labeling issue. I know that when I synced all my contacts to Outlook some info was either missing or miss-labeled
    I think sometimes different providers of services may handle and label some info differently. Be sure to double check that contacts info on Gmail, local and whatever else it's linked to. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-16-15 at 08:37 AM.
    09-14-15 08:31 PM