Im a fan of how BlackBerry has implemented contact management since the BB5 days. I've found they have improved with adding small features like "add to existing contact". Based on the current PB contact app Im very excited to see the BB10 implementation with the flow connect extend paradigm. The integration of Gist.com was a brilliant move.

One small feature BlackBerry has neglected has been the ability to quote and share information collect in contacts. Sharing parts of your contact information has always been a bit cumbersome. Sure you can sent a Vcard or copy and paste by switching in and out of app but it is a bit clumsy. It is extra clumsy whennyou are trying to share a snail mail address as you may need to copy and paste of to 3-4 times for each field (name, street, city and postal/zip code). xContact (one of my top 5 apps) crafted an excellent solution from within email to insert an address but I feel this feature needs to be baked into the BB10 OS a little deeper. Perhaps even integration with the autotext, where using a predetermined prefix before typing a name will auto fill a contacts address or email (adJane Smi... -> Jane Smith's address or emJane Smi... -> Jane Smith's email). Or what about sharing a pin, I can type "mypin" to display my pin but I cant type "JanePin or pnJane Smi..." to quickly display the information in pin field under Jane's contact card. Agregating the contact information is the first step the real power happens after when the user is accessing it quickly and efficiently.

PS. In BB10 I never want to have to type my complete email address ever again. It has to be the most over typed word i do when navigating the web.
    08-18-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD