I have 164 contacts on my Z10 and a .vcf file with 215 entries waiting to be imported. I know all I have to do is click on the file.
    It contains a couple of corrections where people have changed their cell numbers.
    The additional 51 are all new.
    Will the corrections and additions be seamlessly overwritten / incorporated or will I end up with double entries for all 164 including both wrong and correct cell numbers?
    OR
    Should I delete the current phonebook and then import the new one?
    In which case ("delete all") is there a single method to achieve this or must I select entries one by one and then delete the selection?
    Thank you! Just in case somebody knows. I know the alternative approach is Just Try It and See What Happens .. ..
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-10-21 02:39 AM
    I have 164 contacts on my Z10 and a .vcf file with 215 entries waiting to be imported. I know all I have to do is click on the file.
    It contains a couple of corrections where people have changed their cell numbers.
    Will the corrections and additions be seamlessly overwritten / incorporated or will I end up with double entries for all 164 including both wrong and correct cell numbers?
    OR
    In which case ("delete all") is there a single method to achieve this or must I select entries one by one and then delete the selection?
    Thank you! Just in case somebody knows. I know the alternative approach is Just Try It and See What Happens .. ..
    If you have all your contacts in the vcf file then you may as well delete all your existing ones before importing. Otherwise you could choose to automatically merge contacts in the contacts apps' settings.
    04-10-21 06:02 AM
    OR
    Delete all of your local contacts, but then import your vcf file into Gmail or Outlook365 on your computer instead.

Now you have a proper cloud contact list.
    04-10-21 06:32 AM
    Delete all of your local contacts, but then import your vcf file into Gmail or Outlook365 on your computer instead.

Now you have a proper cloud contact list.
    I would never recommend this to anybody. I am absolutely not okay if somebody just uploads all my contact data into the cloud of the big ones, hopefully others thinks the same way.
    I can't even try to enforce GPDR on that. It should be a common sense to not do anything like this. Even if it is comfortable.
    04-11-21 03:11 PM
    I would never recommend this to anybody. I am absolutely not okay if somebody just uploads all my contact data into the cloud of the big ones, hopefully others thinks the same way.
    I can't even try to enforce GPDR on that. It should be a common sense to not do anything like this. Even if it is comfortable.
    Seamless, instantly synced access across multiple platforms and devices, all safely secured behind 2FA, is essential for productivity and data integrity.
    04-11-21 03:23 PM
    Still, it have consequences. One doesn't have to use the biggest enemies of privacy to solve a simple problem. There are many smaller mail provider, one can even host an own solution (owncloud or nextcloud).
    04-13-21 10:34 PM
    Still, it have consequences. One doesn't have to use the biggest enemies of privacy to solve a simple problem. There are many smaller mail provider, one can even host an own solution (owncloud or nextcloud).
    If you don't like the fact that Google bots parse your messages enough to pull some key words to match you with some directed ads, then pay them $6/mo for a Google Workspaces subscription.
    04-13-21 10:51 PM
    >Mate, just pay Google to not datamine you.

I do pay for my email, but at a much smaller company.
    04-15-21 12:55 PM
    >Mate, just pay Google to not datamine you.

I do pay for my email, but at a much smaller company.
    Well, ya. Google is a business.

Play with dollars, or pay with anonymized data.
    04-15-21 01:27 PM