Here is my scenario:

If I create a contact in my EAS account, it also creates that contact in my GMAIL account (and any other account I have contacts sync setup). If I delete the contact in my EAS account, then it does not delete it from my GMAIL account. This is a fundamental flaw of the OS and should have never been released like this. In OS 5-7, the user had the option to customize which account handled each services by default. Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. In OS 10, only Mail and Calendar is selectable.

The solution should be simple. Make it the way it was. I keep my g-mail contacts clean and personal, separate from my EAS contacts. I don't need something I put in my EAS account for WORK to somehow end up on my PERSONAL email Contacts list. What's more frustrating is if I DELETE the contact from my work account, it says in my personal account. Delete should mean delete.

Ugh, this OS is wearing me down. Am I missing something Crackberry Colleagues?
    09-09-13 11:30 PM
    Are you saying that if you open the contacts app.. pull up the left side menu.. select your work account.. click add a contact.. save it.. the contact is uploaded to your gmail account?
    09-10-13 04:16 PM
    Are you saying that if you open the contacts app.. pull up the left side menu.. select your work account.. click add a contact.. save it.. the contact is uploaded to your gmail account?
    I'm saying that if I create a contact on my work account on my desktop computer, it then syncs it to BOTH account on my device. (I do not have my personal account on my desktop computer)
    09-10-13 04:33 PM
    It works that way for me too. In fact, if I add when I'm specifically in my Gmail contact list on my device, it adds the new contact to my business EAS account AND Local Contacts as well. All 3 are linked.

Edit: posted at the same time as the OP. His situation sounds more unusual.
    09-10-13 04:35 PM
    Stupid design of the OS.

It works that way for me too. In fact, if I add when I'm specifically in my Gmail contact list on my device, it adds the new contact to my business EAS account AND Local Contacts as well. All 3 are linked.

Edit: posted at the same time as the OP. His situation sounds more unusual.
    09-10-13 04:47 PM
    Stupid design of the OS.
    I agree that it's an annoying quirk, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. BB10 is a vast improvement over the Legacy OS. I also prefer it to android and iOS. With a few tweaks here and there I'd be completely satisfied.
    just_luc likes this.
    09-10-13 05:50 PM
    Respectfully disagree. I have 26 open tickets with Blackberry Support, mainly regarding things they, to quote my case manager they assigned me due to the high volume of tickets + the amount of devices I manage "didn't include because they were rushed and needed to get the OS out".

I was kinda shocked she admitted that to me, and even more shocked that the device came out in January, and 9 months later, they still can't get it together. I'm sorry, I want the device to work the way the legacy devices did PLUS all the new and 'improved' aspects of OS 10 by building the OS from the ground up, but this is just a sorry hail mary excuse of a device at this point.

I've had Blackberries since 2001, and I never even spoke, called, emailed, complained to RIM until this device...

*exhale*

I agree that it's an annoying quirk, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. BB10 is a vast improvement over the Legacy OS. I also prefer it to android and iOS. With a few tweaks here and there I'd be completely satisfied.
    09-10-13 05:54 PM
    This.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:29 PM
    Respectfully disagree. I have 26 open tickets with Blackberry Support, mainly regarding things they, to quote my case manager they assigned me due to the high volume of tickets + the amount of devices I manage "didn't include because they were rushed and needed to get the OS out".

I was kinda shocked she admitted that to me, and even more shocked that the device came out in January, and 9 months later, they still can't get it together. I'm sorry, I want the device to work the way the legacy devices did PLUS all the new and 'improved' aspects of OS 10 by building the OS from the ground up, but this is just a sorry hail mary excuse of a device at this point.

I've had Blackberries since 2001, and I never even spoke, called, emailed, complained to RIM until this device...

*exhale*
    OK. Obviously our experiences with BB10 devices differ. Good luck & good night.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    09-10-13 08:29 PM
    So our Senior Exchange Admin and VP of MIS found out about the contact bug or "feature" as RIM calls it.

They are shutting down access for existing BB10 devices, and preventing any new ones from putting our corporate email on the devices. They don't like the idea of a situation that could arise from a fired employee being able to walk out of the company with any contacts created from work on the device, to be sync'ed to that users personal accounts.

Last time we ran a global audit, there were 17k+ users on BlackBerry devices, mostly 9850s and 9900 variants. About 2500 were on BlackBerry 10 devices. Not anymore.

Yikes.

Kind of a slap in the face to the email king of yester-year....

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-16-13 12:33 AM