After updating recently to 10.3.3.2163 on my Blackberry Classic, I noticed that Contact Notifications no longer worked. When I tapped the + button to add a Contact Notification, the screen would flash, but nothing else would happen. I had used a Blitz file to update, so I tried again, this time using an autoloader and encountered the same exact problem. I asked on this forum about this and nobody else seemed to have the problem. So, I gave up on a solution until this week, when I had the idea that maybe the Parental Control function on the phone was to blame. Sure enough, it was! After disabling Parental Controls, I was able to immediately set Contact Notifications on my phone. Not being willing to give up the Parental Control setting (I use it to block all callers not in my phone book, BB10 ignores their texts and sends their calls to voicemail), I turned it back on and noticed that while the Contact Notifications I had set remained, I was again unable to set new ones. I also noticed that after a period of time (or perhaps after a restart), the Contact Notifications I had set disappeared from the list. After disabling Parental Controls, I was able to set my Contact Notifications again, but I obviously can't keep doing this, as it is time consuming. I suppose could live without Contact Notifications, but I don't see why I should have to. I also would like to know what is happening with my phone and if it is just me who has this issue.

1. Can someone please turn on their Parental Controls and then attempt to set a Contact Notification?
    2. Can anyone explain why the above is happening? Is there anything in the settings that can fix this?
    3. Is this likely a new problem with 10.3.3?
    4. Any other thoughts on this are appreciated.
    01-27-17 10:05 AM
    This happened to me before on 10.3.2, so nothing new. I guess it's on purpose, that new contact notifications can't be added while parental mode is on. I adapted to that and create my contact notifications and turn on parental mode afterwards. Works for me.

Via Pasta CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    01-27-17 10:24 AM
    This happened to me before on 10.3.2, so nothing new. I guess it's on purpose, that new contact notifications can't be added while parental mode is on. I adapted to that and create my contact notifications and turn on parental mode afterwards. Works for me.

Via Pasta CB10
    Ok, did you find that you ever lost your Contact Notifications while Parental Mode was on? It's happened to me twice in a week. I haven't figured out how, though.
    01-27-17 10:37 AM
    Actually, no I never lost any settings, but sometimes it seems a bit fiddly and resets some setting after a few seconds. If I try again, it usually works.

Via Pasta CB10
    01-27-17 10:42 AM
    Actually, no I never lost any settings, but sometimes it seems a bit fiddly and resets some setting after a few seconds. If I try again, it usually works.

Via Pasta CB10
    Ok, thanks for confirming almost all of my problem. I assume you have rebooted your phone since adding the Contact Notifications?

I just need to figure out how I am losing my Contact Notification settings now. Anyone have any ideas?
    01-27-17 10:45 AM
    I just tried this and you are correct. Once the Parental Controls are enabled, I can no longer set a contact notification BUT I just tried it on my Passport running 10.3.2.2888 and it is the same. So no difference--maybe in the subsettings of Parental Control?
    01-27-17 10:46 AM
    I rebooted my phone several times. Try setting something like a green LED for someone's SMS and wait a few seconds, if it changes back magically. I got used to it, it's the same with the wallpaper - can't be changed as well with parental mode.‎

Via Pasta CB10
    01-27-17 10:57 AM
    it's the same with the wallpaper
    Yep, I noticed that as well.
    01-27-17 11:04 AM
    Thanks, guys!

Looks like every mystery is now solved, except for why my the Contact Notifications that I set go away after a period of time. To be clear, I don't mean it just stops working, I mean the names disappear from the list under "Contact Notifications."
    01-27-17 12:07 PM