So I have been rocking 1055 for some time now and have experienced most of the same bugs as everyone else but a new one popped up in the last few days. When I search for a contact in either the phone menu or the contact listing, it is behaving erratically. For example, I did search today for "erin" from the phone app and it came up with several empty line items where normally, there are the line items of matching search results; each line was blank. I closed out of the phone app and went to contacts and it did the same thing. I rebooted and tried again. This time, the search brought up names but not one of them had "erin" anywhere in the contact. I finally scrolled to the correct listing, called and my screen said "*** Animal Hospital." Now, that animal hospital was in my contacts but I clearly dialed the "erin" i was looking for. Of course, now, it is behaving normally but if (when) it acts up again, I will post some screen shots. At this point, I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Very strange.

Thanks.

Kurt
    12-18-13 07:27 PM
    When I loaded up 1055 I did have some initial contact issues, but it was the sim card contacts not being readable. Fixed it by disabling contacts sync with Gmail and rebooting. Yours sounds odd. I'd be interested to see screen shots of blank contact results.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:16 PM
    I'm having some contact issues. Like contacts that I know are in there are not. Yet when I go to re-add them, it tells me they already exist. Searching for them yields nothing at all. I'm going to try Xavier85's suggestion.

edit: Tried it. No better
    12-18-13 10:41 PM
    I too have a few "blank", but once open or searched, they're there.
    12-19-13 12:11 AM
    Yea the contacts app is one thing on this operating system that has needed a major over haul since the beginning 10.0 version. For some reason it keeps being neglected. Another thing that I hate is that the phone app contacts do not pull the same exact contact list as the contacts app. So I can't just open the phone and hit contacts to find someone from Facebook. I have to open the contacts app instead.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:18 AM
    And checking again, they've reappeared. I was going through them all yesterday, cleaning up mis-linked ones.

I actually like the way it handles contacts, but you have to being full what email accounts sync, along with much caution of links. If anything jacked mine up, it was a weak outlook Web Access MS Exchange account I have for work. Dang thing made as many as 12 duplicates for some contacts.
    12-19-13 12:29 AM
    And checking again, they've reappeared. I was going through them all yesterday, cleaning up mis-linked ones.

I actually like the way it handles contacts, but you have to being full what email accounts sync, along with much caution of links. If anything jacked mine up, it was a weak outlook Web Access MS Exchange account I have for work. Dang thing made as many as 12 duplicates for some contacts.
    Yea the duplicates kill me too. Specially when they pull from 3-4 different sources I haven't had 12 but I have gotten up to 4-5 duplicates. Pretty annoying you would think that it would be smart enough to erase duplicates on its own. How hard would it be to implement this. Same name same number delete.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:32 AM
    Like I said, most of my issues stem from MS Exchange, not BlackBerry. I've also learned to only sync 2 email contact lists max. Cuts down on the clusterfriggle greatly.
    12-19-13 10:30 AM
    Like I said, most of my issues stem from MS Exchange, not BlackBerry. I've also learned to only sync 2 email contact lists max. Cuts down on the clusterfriggle greatly.
    Maybe that's why mine isn't as bad. I think what was causing me problems more then anything was AT&T 's address book. So I have stop using it. I also only use 1 email account. I have never used the ms exchange.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:33 AM
    Oh, and I'm no fan of "local contacts" or saved to SIM. Don't have enough faith in Link at the moment, and the SIM doesn't store enough info.
    12-19-13 10:50 AM
    I am having the exact same issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:42 PM
    I only sync my exchange account contacts, and nothing else.

I have seen an issue where if I scroll up and down in the contacts app, I'll see an occasional blank contact entry.

However, if I pick a regular contact near the blank entry, and then click back out to the list, the blank entry disappears. If I scroll up and down again, another blank entry will eventually show up somewhere else.

Probably just a display bug in that case.

No other issues as I disable Facebook syncing, and unlink the few common contacts I have between Facebook and my exchange contacts. That always caused me grief and wish there was an option to NOT automatically link contacts when more than one source if contacts are set up. And Facebook is treated as another contact source immediately whether you want it to or not - you have no choice, initially.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:23 PM
    F�r the OP and anyone having contact display issues, here's my painful learning. Helped by others who knew it earlier ;

Please check whether the particular contact is linked on BlackBerry to some other contact which happens to have at least one phone / fax number in common

In my case , 1055 made a clustermess and in some instances, linked over 36 contacts into a single contact.

Unraveling them one by one was the first solution by doing unlink and save. And this needs to be repeated till truly only the same contacts are linked.

I still have too many contacts linked up and seemingly disappeared from my BlackBerry. I know they are all there but don't have the energy to hunt and unlink them manually. A shot gun
    Method would be appreciated if someone knows one.

Another Action that helped me is to reduce/ unload the apps which came from BlackBerry World but were android ports.

I didn't have the energy to figure out individually which was an android port and just deleted the ones I didn't need every day. I figured that BlackBerry World does a pretty good job of remembering my old downloads and when the 1055 gets an updated leak, it will be a simple way to get those non essential apps back. The magic number to stay below seems to be 21. Never had issues with earlier leaks but this 1055 is special!!!

A third action to consider is to delete the bblinks accounts from the Accounts management option in Settings.

Actions 2 and or 3 definteky helped cool down the PIM service which was otherwise Draining my battery so bad that it was becoming a negative ad for BlackBerry.

Hope some of the above helps you. It did help me and thanks to all those who have figured out the android port delete method to bring this 1055 install to a stable usable level. It's finally good to have an OS with features that should have been there on day 1.

And battery line is now the best ever that I have seen. I am constantly doing my mails on the Z10 (Stl 1) and it's been wonderful after the PIM related drain has been stopped.

Amazing how leaks and drains are related. Makes sense at the end.

Time now for a new leak

Edited post : the use of a "hash" character seems to trigger a <br outbreak, so just removed the hash characters

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:30 PM