From my understanding about BB10 is that when you enter a contact that BB10 searches the internet for that person's online information like possible twitter account information and online positing (in the update section of the contact). Also, I read that if you fill in a company information detail for a contact that it shows you news about that company in the update section. I don't want that information either. If this is all true, is there a way to turn those features off in contact app? I perfer my contacts to only have the information that I put in only and not poll anything from the internet. I know that if I can't uninstall apps like twitter or linkedin that at least turn those app intergration off, which should take care of BB10 recommending twitter or linkedin accounts for that contact.
    11-09-13 07:34 AM
    From my understanding about BB10 is that when you enter a contact that BB10 searches the internet for that person's online information like possible twitter account information and online positing (in the update section of the contact). Also, I read that if you fill in a company information detail for a contact that it shows you news about that company in the update section. I don't want that information either. If this is all true, is there a way to turn those features off in contact app? I perfer my contacts to only have the information that I put in only and not poll anything from the internet. I know that if I can't uninstall apps like twitter or linkedin that at least turn those app intergration off, which should take care of BB10 recommending twitter or linkedin accounts for that contact.
    Only if you opt into it. Otherwise it's just what you load.
    11-09-13 07:38 AM
    The option you're looking for is Contacts, Settings. Scroll to the bottom and make sure " Search for Contact Details" is unchecked.
    11-09-13 08:09 AM
    My contacts with phone numbers are synced with Gmail, after i added the Facebook, Linkedin etc accounts in the Contacts app some, not all the contacts from those accounts appeared in my phone.
    I really like this feature and i find it quite handy. My question is, is there any way to sync all the information with Gmail so i can have it on other phones also?
    I have managed to make some links between the contacts that were not done automatically, if i install a new os will i have to link all the contacts again or will the links wich i created remain?

Thank you!
    11-09-13 08:17 AM
    They also check the gravatar database I found out

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:23 AM
    The only problem i found is that some contacts do not have their pictures displayed although they have linkedin and facebook pictures in the contact
    11-09-13 09:28 AM
    BB10 can search the Internet for a person's online information but doesn't do so by default unless you change the settings. You can check this by swiping down from the top of your BB10, tap on Settings, slide down to Search for contact details. By default, the check box should be blank.
    11-09-13 09:29 AM
    There are some other issues with the Contracts App in BlackBerry 10 that need to be addressed, such as, duplicates and links. Many BB10 users complain that duplicates are not always synced automatically or correctly. This can also be done by manually linking them but it seems to be a continuous and repetitive process.
    11-09-13 09:57 AM
    Syncing and linking contacts seems to be always a tricky process. Perhaps, one way would be to first sync or link all your contacts in Gmail and then setup your other phone contacts and messaging apps to synchronize automatically. This may not work flawlessly but you can always tweak manually afterwards.
    11-09-13 10:16 AM
    When I checked the settings on my z10 the Search for Contact Details was unchecked, yet I still received aricles on my personal contact updates. Is there anyway to delete those aricles?
    11-15-13 08:48 AM