Dear KingOfQwertey

I am wondering if my problem has anything to do with the beta what'sapp updates/upgrades I've been getting.

Am on our BlackBerry Beta Zone (BBBZ) and last week and I think the week before, several of these came. Then I noticed that some of my contacts numbers were either missing or displaced, with just their numbers unattached to get place I kept them but am also getting duplicates again.

I have directed this problem to BBBZ, saying that when an update is given from a third party apps, that it should not make any changes to the structure that our device has already created.

I am wondering if this is were the problem stems from, as I have not reinstalled my Tango or Vibr since.

jtvberry
    08-18-14 02:48 PM
    Anybody know a way of removing business text field when the line is a Land Line with no text capability.

Posted via my Z10 on CB
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-25-14 11:40 AM
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

I don't notice much in huge way of problems. I thought it worked awesome on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:44 PM
    I should only have about 700 contacts, but my Z10 keeps duplicating them to the point where I have over 10,000 (that's ten thousand) contacts. At one point, I had over 17,000.

Android seems to handle duplicates well - just click to merge duplicates and it takes care of most of then with no problems. But on Blackberry, you have to merge each and every duplicated contact individually.
    Turn off the linking of your contacts to Facebook etc

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:45 PM
    Anybody know a way of removing business text field when the line is a Land Line with no text capability.

Posted via my Z10 on CB
    Very good question I would also like to have an answer to. I haven't found or think there is a way in 10.2. xxx.
    It would be a nice feature in 10.3 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-27-14 05:57 AM
    Very good question I would also like to have an answer to. I haven't found or think there is a way in 10.2. xxx.
    It would be a nice feature in 10.3 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Workaround:

Enter landline as Pager field and the number will be displayed as Pager only not for texting. By clicking the number, dialler will open to dial the landline. Is this you need?
    08-27-14 11:29 PM
    most people do. especially the people who don't know much about phones and they just throw their contacts in. They don't want to find duplicated info, contacts, missing contacts and etc.

They need to step it up :P I love my Z30 obviously but come on BB people are catching up to your KEY features...
    My fears is the little integrity and hopes that are left.
    If BB Top Gunners don't change that don't care attitude.
    It will more than nip them in the bud.

More like oversized mouthfuls and plenty to share off elsewhere.

jtvberry
    10-15-14 11:39 AM

Posted via my Z10 on CB
    Exactly!!!

It's stuff like this, which makes our beloved BB feel like a toy and not a tool.
    Like it has been half thought of, then just thrown in.

This isn't the way of enterprising.

Imagine you got a business contact for years in your phone.
    You run past their number just last week.
    Then you got the formula to getting the Noble Prize, Ummmmm

jtvberry
    10-15-14 03:38 PM
    I have not had a single contacts issue yet. I sync with Outlook.com super simple, activesync. Just do it. They've even implemented email encryption.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    10-15-14 03:43 PM
    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    same here I have had no problems after setting up my outlook account
    10-17-14 11:26 AM
    Am I going to get banned from here, or from using BlackBerry phones, because am being pushed to do something really nasty, even if I have to get on a plane to sort it out.

I have just tried to contact my mum, in a three way conversation for my dad and my mum's details are not in my phone.

Listen, sort it out.

jtvberry
    10-19-14 05:19 PM
    You may want to post in the official BlackBerry forum if you want to make sure you get noticed.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-19-14 05:36 PM
    You may want to post in the official BlackBerry forum if you want to make sure you get noticed.

Thanks Morehouse, I will do, as I know this isn't the official domain, going to my account right now.

Am sure some of the top staff must look into CB, but they think people are jokers.
    Right now am 50 and I've been to some harsh places for, for the UK.

So many people have asked for this simple fixture fix, and at the top, their just going on like no one can get to them.
    Am so pissed-off now.

Doing my best to BigUp BB, and the top reduce me to cussing.

Am not at all scared of what I might face, true they know.
    I will write the angry letter, then I'll come and get you, simple as pie.

Am so angry.

Thank Bro,

jtvberry
    10-19-14 06:12 PM
    For clarity, I didn't mean to sound dismissive. I have the feeling that BlackBerry staff don't read this forum, so it would be best to post over there where their eyes are. Hopefully the contacts issues will be fixed in the next official release.

10-19-14 09:19 PM
    For clarity, I didn't mean to sound dismissive. I have the feeling that BlackBerry staff don't read this forum, so it would be best to post over there where their eyes are. Hopefully the contacts issues will be fixed in the next official release.

Thanks J

No, I didn't feel that you was being dismissive but were trying to help and most of all, calm me down.

No I welcome your intervention
    Thanks again (y)

jtvberry
    10-20-14 05:08 AM
    Things just got worse.

I woke up yesterday to find I could not make certain phone calls.
    The reason being, my default email address, which is in my hub and to add my contacts to.
    The choices being; local contacts, all, groups, favourites, bbm, bbm video, my deleted email account, facebook, linkedin, twitter, other email accounts, sim and User PC.

My default email address is a Microsoft account and even worse, BlackBerry Server is not recognising my password, though I am able to to login from the browser.

On top of this all, my contacts I have left, are duplicating and quadrupling.

About two weeks ago, I put my phone and Microsoft account under encryption. When I login, Microsoft knows that I am in the UK, but when I want to re-add my Microsoft account to the hub. It is coming from USA and will not open my account in Gold BB Hub.

jtvberry
    11-02-14 11:18 AM
    The contacts app really is an issue but many seem to overlook it got some reason. Upon setting up a new device Facebook, LinkedIn etc. should NOT have the rights to put contacts automatically in the contacts app. These social websites should NOT have the rights to link contacts automatically. Sure, we can "turn off" from settings so these contacts do not show in the app but that really is not a solution. Has nothing to do with local or cloud contacts. Blackberry needs to fix this ASAP

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-02-14 02:24 PM
    The contacts app really is an issue but many seem to overlook it got some reason. Upon setting up a new device Facebook, LinkedIn etc. should NOT have the rights to put contacts automatically in the contacts app. These social websites should NOT have the rights to link contacts automatically. Sure, we can "turn off" from settings so these contacts do not show in the app but that really is not a solution. Has nothing to do with local or cloud contacts. Blackberry needs to fix this ASAP

Posted via CB10
    After a couple months of a blissful contact address book function, my contacts frustrations are back again but even worse, taken contact details and mixing them up and creating duplicates.

jtvberry
    11-15-14 04:24 AM
    Same here...the one thing I most hate about in BB10 is the contacts app...contacts come and go, some duplicate twice or thrice, some have no numbers in it, wrong contacts merging with each other and the list goes on n on...!! Really tired of cleaning it everytime...!!

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-15-14 04:30 AM
    Same here...the one thing I most hate about in BB10 is the contacts app...contacts come and go, some duplicate twice or thrice, some have no numbers in it, wrong contacts merging with each other and the list goes on n on...!! Really tired of cleaning it everytime...!!

Posted via CB10
    I had this problem on my BB Torch 9800 but took no notice of it much.
    Now I have had my Z10 100-STL2 since March 2013 I have been cleaning and straightening my contacts ever since.

Now if this is supposed to be the business phone of the world; imagine you called someone and started chatting your business, to find out it is the wrong person or worse still your giving out details pertaining to someone else who is supposed to have an impartial view on a subject.

That's security out of the window.

It's not right BlackBerry, Get it fixed, NOW

BlackBerry is a phone first and foremost, smartphone secondly, Sort It Out

jtvberry
    11-15-14 05:06 AM
    I found this link from blackberry support just now.
    I didn't read more than three quarters of it but I got the gist.

What got me was how old this link was and how long this contact address book problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-709124/

Only an OS update or upgrade can fix this, but when is the issue.
    11-24-14 11:31 AM
    Has this thread just stopped, has everyone fixed their contact address book problem?
    Or has everyone give up on trying to get a response to having the contact address app/folder reconfigured, to our needs.

jtvberry
    01-04-15 11:11 PM
    I have found that when there are many numbers available for one contact, it is not possible to select an entry from the bottom of the list to send a text.

Re: texting a landline

What sort of landline does not accept text messages? I never knew this existed.
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-05-15 06:50 AM
    My contacts have just started messing around again.

For some reason, I am being asked about group contacts.
    Something I have not ordered.

Contact App Improvements in 10.3-img_20150219_045812.png

jtvberry
    02-19-15 01:31 AM
    Folks, I am new to 10.3 so please bear with me here.

Just upgraded to Classic last night after 2 months sitting on the fence. Still have my 9900 in the drawer. I moved phone book and calendar via Link. My phone book in 9900 was stored in device, calendar also stored locally, but synced to Google. All moved to Classic.

I added Gmail account in Classic, went to usual set up, authorised Google to sync contacts and calendar, but nothing.....I read an article written by Blaize on how to set up Gmail using CalDav and CardDav. I have not tested this, but when I moved my wife's data to Q5 last time, I did not have to set these up separately. Options were available within initial setup itself, and once done, her phone book (originall stored to Q5 device storage) synced perfectly to her Gmail, until today. Why do I need to set these up separately now? Is this the only way in 10.3? And if I do that, will my phone book and calendar in device storage sync to Google?

I posted this in another thread, but no luck, so apologies if this is a repeat. Pls advise folks.

Many thanks

EDIT:

Deleted Gmail account and reinstalled (outside advanced settings), saw the menu swipe options to synch both calendar and contacts. Calendar sync is now ok, saw some double entries as i transferred calendar item to device before. No luck for contacts thought. This means the device address book wont synch automatically to Google? Somehow I read the other forum BBOS10 would be able to do so using device storage as default. What do I need to do to sync? Export to Gmail first, delete device storage, and then sync back from Google? Can you tell me how to do this?
    Last edited by mw888; 03-17-15 at 04:32 AM.
    03-17-15 12:22 AM
177 ... 5678