So far so good

There may be one or two links I may not of added, but everything is still in order.

Only use links if I really have to.
    Fb, InLn and Twer are where they need to be.
    Two weeks or more. :-)

jtvberry
    Right. While my contacts are stable, I am still vary of connecting to BB Link.

Maybe will test that in coming week
    06-24-14 02:01 AM
    I don't think I have done that yet

jtvberry
    06-24-14 03:51 AM

Curious, does any one here LIKE the linking? And why?
    I know people who intentionally keep incorrect data in their Facebook info. Why would I want that invading my carefully crafted contact details? I mean I could always go into the separate Facebook contact info if I wanted to pull details from there. Why link?
    I don't use Facebook, but I do use twitter and BBM. I like having those contacts linked as I don't want three contacts listed for someone in the contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:00 AM
    Doesn't it seem ironic that one of the features that the average BlackBerry user values the most is security yet many are syncing their contacts with Yahoo, Google, Microsoft and social media?

Why do you suppose these commercial entities which provide these "FREE" features are investing so much time and money into it? Is it out of the goodness of their hearts?

Oh you bunch of Sheeple.
    I'm guessing that you haven't used Link to sync Outlook and BlackBerry 10. It was a complete disaster for me. No, I wasn't syncing with a Web based service.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:20 AM
    This is such a problem, the fact that supposes BB has great security, though when we admit a new contact, the little bar that appears (local, PC USER, SIM and Facebook , does not suppose we can change our links settings and we happily go to save.

I have only just found this out due to this thread.

I have been able to to lump my contacts, where necessary, with the odd link of two and so far I haven't had any duplicates.

Wish me luck, I'll keep you updated.

jtvberry
    06-24-14 06:46 AM
    A week later, I found two of my contacts missing. (Very hard to find which contact as I am having multiple accounts synced).

Found out two contacts have merged with other contacts. Reason: Mobile number of these contacts are same and as per logic, they should merge. Ultimately that was my fault as I have entered same numbers for two contacts. Typo of course.

Btw, why BB10 waited and merged them after all these days is mystery though?
    Sometimes a couple will share a mobile phone between them. Contacts should maintain separate records and ask if you want to link or merge them before doing so.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:54 AM
    I've experienced almost all of the problems expressed by the various posters in this thread. The only thing that comes to mind that I've not seen listed is multiple BBM listings within a contact. Some of my contacts have three and four BBM fields within their profile, showing the same PIN.

At this point, I'm using an app to back up my contacts to my SD card (a csv file) and I'm only entering/storing contacts on my phone. I'm not even using Link. It mostly works, but I'm still getting weird formatting changes and loss of data. For example, addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, and other data sometimes just disappears, though the contact still remains.

Omnitech is right, contactx (and some of the other apps) can mess stuff up.

I like this OS and phone, but the contacts app is a real sore spot, for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:09 AM
    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    Only problem I ever had was Skype cloning contacts over and over. And that was Skype. They updated skype, issue solved.

I suggest nailing the culprit before doing the usual, tiresome, blame BlackBerry roitine.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:41 AM
    Only problem I ever had was Skype cloning contacts over and over. And that was Skype. They updated skype, issue solved.

I suggest nailing the culprit before doing the usual, tiresome, blame BlackBerry roitine.

Posted via CB10
    So your experience is the only legitimate experience? This has been an ongoing problem since BlackBerry 10 was released. My employees using other platforms aren't having these issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 09:40 AM
    Any recommendations for a contact app for the Q10 as the native app is not great?
    06-24-14 03:15 PM
    Has anyone checked out the contact app on nay of the 10.3's available?

I hope they have some fixes...

For me it is if I do a hard reset. Everything unlinks.
    If imy phone dies and I charge it and turn it back on, everything is unlinked

I have Facebook, Twitter, BBM Skype Gmail x2, and it just works awful.....

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    06-24-14 06:45 PM
    Has anyone checked out the contact app on nay of the 10.3's available?

I hope they have some fixes...

For me it is if I do a hard reset. Everything unlinks.
    If imy phone dies and I charge it and turn it back on, everything is unlinked

I have Facebook, Twitter, BBM Skype Gmail x2, and it just works awful.....

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    nothing improved at all in the .700 sdk and the other 10.3s is just as bad.

They need to just open up the API of the contacts app and let a 3rd party developer make one so we can set it to default. We can't really rely on BlackBerry to do it. Especially with more developer relations lay offs.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lopers-941304/
    06-25-14 10:16 AM
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

You are so right my friend! I've said many times about this issue. How can it works flawless in legacy app and don't work on a new modern one? It's idiocy, excuse me....

Proudly Z10 owner
    06-25-14 10:21 AM
    You are so right my friend! I've said many times about this issue. How can it works flawless in legacy app and don't work on a new modern one? It's idiocy, excuse me....

Proudly Z10 owner
    instead of laying off those 65 dev relations people they should have got them to improve every single Core OS app. I can't think of a single Core OS app that is actually finished...

They are ALL lacking features

Chen is also proving that he is not the smartest guy, he still hasn't got that functionality is big if they want to sell services and hardware..

Core apps should be getting updated on a weekly basis (not all but 1 app a week update would be nice) If a 3rd party Dev like Nemory can update multiple apps every week or 2 they should be able to do it with 10 people manning it on their full time hours (40hours per week)

If they don't want to do this open up the APIs so at least a 3rd party dev can do a better job and have it fully integrated
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10517029
    Last edited by khehl; 06-25-14 at 10:52 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-14 10:36 AM
    Niss63

I found mine just day before yesterday.

I haven't been able to pinpoint some of these features when I've seen them, being minute events, am still passing through, till we all get our Fix

jtvberry
    06-25-14 07:03 PM
    What I would like, bringing in our BBLINK on this subject, is my BBLINK to let my phone be the master, when it concerns my contacts.

Like, if I do a backup now, I only want the contacts I got now to be logged.
    I don't want to see other numbers being dragged up.

Ummmmm

That's one of those little features.

jtvberry
    06-25-14 07:09 PM
    I should only have about 700 contacts, but my Z10 keeps duplicating them to the point where I have over 10,000 (that's ten thousand) contacts. At one point, I had over 17,000.

Android seems to handle duplicates well - just click to merge duplicates and it takes care of most of then with no problems. But on Blackberry, you have to merge each and every duplicated contact individually.
    06-28-14 11:15 PM
    I should only have about 700 contacts, but my Z10 keeps duplicating them to the point where I have over 10,000 (that's ten thousand) contacts. At one point, I had over 17,000.

Android seems to handle duplicates well - just click to merge duplicates and it takes care of most of then with no problems. But on Blackberry, you have to merge each and every duplicated contact individually.
    That's a nice try my friend.

Now let us allow to do our laundry while you fiddle with your Androidy thingy
    07-01-14 10:35 AM
    That's a nice try my friend.

Now let us allow to do our laundry while you fiddle with your Androidy thingy
    Why would you make such a condescending post? Are you trolling?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 01:35 PM
    700 contacts....imagine when you have 2000...basically the problem it's the same but I've gone mad when a forum guy from here on Cranberry gived me a simple advice to link manually the doubled and triplet contacts...ha ha.
    IT IS A CRAZY THING THAT A BlackBerry CLAIMED TO BE A "TOOL NOT A TOY" HAS THIS PROBLEM...Hope that in 10.3 this issue will be solved!
    And not to remind that BlackBerry must redesign the entire Contact and Phone app in order to be integrated all jn one. You know? Tap phone, open direct into the dialpad, dial like in T9 and have the contact targeted by prediction from the contact app. Not to go vice versa from the contact, find it, find the number, tap it and call it.....

Proudly Z10 owner
    jtv1 likes this.
    07-01-14 11:24 PM
    What I would like, bringing in our BBLINK on this subject, is my BBLINK to let my phone be the master, when it concerns my contacts.

Like, if I do a backup now, I only want the contacts I got now to be logged.
    I don't want to see other numbers being dragged up.

Ummmmm

That's one of those little features.

jtvberry
    Here's the crazy thing. Careful with the linking because third party backup tools will back everything up and restore it but it will restore unlinked. We need competent CONTACT ONLY restore from ONLY selected sources. I do not want to backup my Facebook contacts, skype contacts, or sim contacts. JUST WHAT I HAVE ON MY HANDSET.

EDIT: I have about 200 contacts but I've had to reenter them manually once and once was enough. Luckily it was kind of about time to comb through and clean up my contacts regardless.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    07-06-14 12:55 PM
    So far, am really shocked that for the past three weeks, I haven't had a duplicate.

I've saved all my contacts via my hotmail/outlook, (whichever you all prefer).

No sim, local or PC User is being used unless necessary.
    I have done a backup using FireChest but am fearful what will happen if I use this.
    That, I'll let you know about in March - May next year. :-)

jtvberry
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    07-06-14 02:00 PM
    Yes, it's starting.
    I just came across some of my numbers which have been moved with pictures but no name in my what'sapp.
    When I checked one contact name still in my contacts folder. All their details were gone and another, their number was gone and their email address.

jtvberry
    07-20-14 07:38 PM
    I haven't heard anything from this thread for quite some time now, with no idea if a bb contact system is going to get an update/upgrade in the very near future.

Well as I mentioned, I said I'd write to you all if I had any changes and I have, with duplicates raising their troublesome head.

Some of these duplicates are adding links which I have not activated as well.

My address book has no reason for doing this and BlackBerry needs to do something to cause the address book to be stable.

I have noticed this has started happening since adding new contacts and spread to other contacts.

I have looked into my hotmail account where I save my contacts and there is no problem there, so I must assume that the problem is with the phone and it's ability to keep stable, it is not consistent.

jtvberry
    Last edited by jtv1; 08-15-14 at 08:28 AM.
    08-15-14 03:19 AM
    Jtv1, thanks for keeping this thread live.

Good news is contact app is getting some love from BlackBerry in 10.3 it seems from the passport screen shots. Yes, the icon is awesome now. (sarcasm)

I don't have any issues in my contacts app. Few weeks back I did some house keeping in FB and the same reflected in app properly.

Also I downloaded Contact +, the best Android app via Amazon and it is working fine. Though I don't have any usefulness from that.

In syncing with Mac, I just postponed it in waiting for BlackBerry blend

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-18-14 10:01 AM
177 ... 45678