Dear jpvj
    I had just had an odd thing happen on top of the list, which was lost of images, but I think I've got them back by going into my contact book settings and turning everything off, then turning them on one by one.

Since doing this in the last two hours, I noticed that, I would at least 4 links to my outlook/hotmail link, even though I had one correct email address with even phone numbers and social links, which is going to take a little more time to go through.

I have got rid of one of all the facebook accounts that two of the same in each facebook accounts in each contact.

Now I believe that when I wiped my phone, that all the info would be proper clean, but am thinking that once I put my BBID back in, some, if not all my past data comes back.
    So in our BB server, there is no register of a clean in progress with the option choice of what I want to put back from the past so it seems, or touching on future control.

I have had:
    • Contacts missing
    • Duplication from 4 up to 40

Contact info separation
    Adding contact new/old numbers won't attach
    Unnecessary linking
    Images missing

I can't remember everything right now
    05:06 Tuseday morning, should of been asleep at least 5 hours ago.

Tell you more if needs be, later on jpvj
    05-26-14 11:10 PM
    Day 5:
    a)For the past few days, the contacts are stable. No duplication, linking, missing contacts
    b) Started adding rest of my contact info available on 9780 manually in to outlook.com
    c) The syncing time between outlook website and Z10 is from immediate to several hours which I think is due to various network elements. Anyway I have set a benchmark of 1 day for proper syncing between these two.
    05-30-14 12:26 AM
    I need to know, Why would your address book want to give you so many of one contact, when the address (Contact book) cannot handle each input at times and not allowing to add it.

jtvberry
    05-30-14 10:23 PM
    I have a Z10 (SR10.2.12156) with similar problems. I have no Social Media accounts and don't sync with anything (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc). I have never loaded any leaks.

If you go to your recently dialed numbers, choose one and press and hold you will get the options menu to appear. Choose the"View Contact" icon and the contact appears. If you then choose "Edit" (this is one of the strange parts to me) it seems to open Contacts like it's opening another application. My point is that when you "View Contact" it is occurring OUTSIDE of Contacts. Then when you "Edit Contact" it launches the Contacts "app".

Do you have your contacts on the SIM or on the Device? I have "SIM Card Contacts" enabled. I wonder if that makes a difference.

My contacts seem to occasionally change the phone numbers to "Work" even if I have selected the number to be marked as "Mobile".

Lastly, the "Dark Background" option does not work.
    06-02-14 06:25 AM
    Just a quick post, to let you know what happened a day ago, after 3/4 of my contacts were cleaned up, in my address book.and I got to see what happens next.
    Keep you updated.

Contact App Improvements in 10.3-img_20140603_010238.png
    moody likes this.
    06-03-14 05:50 AM
    Mine does that too but only seems to do it in certain apps like phone call but not when I go to contact app. Really weird. And annoying.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-03-14 06:16 AM
    Since the last clean-up, it was fine for about two weeks. Now it's started again. Contact phone numbers are changing from how I set them to all mobile or work. It's becoming really, really annoying. What is causing this?Hate to say this but 1800 numbers on the 9800 never changed from how I set them.

Posted via ZedTen
    cbzeduser likes this.
    06-03-14 09:42 AM
    Since the last clean-up, it was fine for about two weeks. Now it's started again. Contact phone numbers are changing from how I set them to all mobile or work. It's becoming really, really annoying. What is causing this?Hate to say this but 1800 numbers on the 9800 never changed from how I set them.

Posted via ZedTen
    Be nice if BBRY would send something out like "you're doing it wrong" we changed and you need to change with us and here is what you need to do. Instead they say they can't repeat the issue.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    06-03-14 09:48 AM
    Guys and gals, I would STRONGLY suggest raising it by tweeting BlackBerryHelp. If large numbers are raising the Contacts app as an issue, they are far more likely to work on updating/fixing it.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:01 AM
    Guys and gals, I would STRONGLY suggest raising it by tweeting BlackBerryHelp. If large numbers are raising the Contacts app as an issue, they are far more likely to work on updating/fixing it.

Posted via CB10
    I would but I don't tweet and I'm not going to start just for this.
    06-03-14 11:35 AM
    Tweeting does not help. I tried it often and after second answer I did not get any further information or help. Forget it.

BlackBerry - because I am really different
    06-03-14 11:37 AM
    Tweeting does not help. I tried it often and after second answer I did not get any further information or help. Forget it.

BlackBerry - because I am really different
    I've had a couple of problems solved through contacting BlackBerryHelp, and they have shown an interest in this issue as well.

They're there to help us, not to ignore us. So again, I'd say it's worth taking the 30 seconds or so to make them aware of how many consider the Contacts app to be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 12:42 PM
    Wonderful. Now it's adding a last Name in the first name field so now instead of seeing John Smith I'm seeing John Smith Smith
    moody and niss63 like this.
    06-03-14 01:08 PM
    Wonderful. Now it's adding a last Name in the first name field so now instead of seeing John Smith I'm seeing John Smith Smith
    I get that but not every contact, just some.

Posted via ZedTen
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 02:02 PM
    Are you syncing locally (eg with Outlook 2007/2010/2013) or with an online service (Outlook.com/Gmail)?
    06-03-14 05:28 PM
    Are you syncing locally (eg with Outlook 2007/2010/2013) or with an online service (Outlook.com/Gmail)?
    Outlook.com and I cleaned everything up before hand online.
    06-03-14 05:59 PM
    Friends -

Why doesn't everyone tweet link to this thread to @MichaelClewley and ask him to fix contacts app? See thread for detailed bug reports?
    I tweeted before but if more people tweeted this to him, he'd know it's a big problem for many of us!
    kbz1960 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    06-03-14 06:45 PM
    I have just tweeted this whole debate, troubles and stress link to BlackBerry Help
    So I hope they come in and take a look of what's being said, as I Love My BB, but just wish this problem would go away.

It just shouldn't exist

jtvberry
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 06:49 PM
    Dear chrysaurora

I've taken that advice and tweeted him to

jtvberry
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 06:57 PM
    Ditto

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 08:38 PM
    Friends -

Why doesn't everyone tweet link to this thread to @MichaelClewley and ask him to fix contacts app? See thread for detailed bug reports?
    I tweeted before but if more people tweeted this to him, he'd know it's a big problem for many of us!
    Do you REALLY think they don't know about the Contacts problems? They've already sold you the phone. BlackBerry is going down the tubes. They couldn't give a rats behind about you. . Think I'm wrong? When did Jon Chen last acknowledge the core issues with OS 10 and the consumer? When did he commit to making it right for the consumer? All I have read about is BlackBerry making new, cheaper phones and marketing business services to other Platforms. They have shown absolutely ZERO loyalty to the consumer, yet many just sit and drool over their "Zed 10" or "Zed 30" or salivate over how great Chen is when actually he's said absolutely NOTHING about a commitment to you or me. Your wasting your time thinking anyone at BlackBerry is listening. The BlackBerry ship has sailed and left us and they are laughing. The sooner we realize this and get on with our mobile lives the better. I can't afford another phone just yet but as soon as I can, I'm gone. This is ridiculous.
    06-03-14 10:34 PM
    Yes, gmail, and gmail syncs with thunderbird. I have tweeted this link as suggested.

Posted via ZedTen
    06-04-14 02:16 AM
    Just a quick post, to let you know what happened a day ago, after 3/4 of my contacts were cleaned up, in my address book.and I got to see what happens next.
    Keep you updated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140603_010238.png 
Views:	797 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	275738
    I have the same issue with duplicate contacts. Even after deleting the duplicate entries, they return after a couple of days.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-04-14 04:28 AM
    Do you REALLY think they don't know about the Contacts problems? They've already sold you the phone. BlackBerry is going down the tubes. They couldn't give a rats behind about you. . Think I'm wrong? When did Jon Chen last acknowledge the core issues with OS 10 and the consumer? When did he commit to making it right for the consumer? All I have read about is BlackBerry making new, cheaper phones and marketing business services to other Platforms. They have shown absolutely ZERO loyalty to the consumer, yet many just sit and drool over their "Zed 10" or "Zed 30" or salivate over how great Chen is when actually he's said absolutely NOTHING about a commitment to you or me. Your wasting your time thinking anyone at BlackBerry is listening. The BlackBerry ship has sailed and left us and they are laughing. The sooner we realize this and get on with our mobile lives the better. I can't afford another phone just yet but as soon as I can, I'm gone. This is ridiculous.
    Hmm...

Ok.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:06 AM
    Yep, that's the one

jtvberry
    06-05-14 01:37 PM
177 ... 23456 ...