I am attempting to have both my Q10 and MacBook Pro send emails that appear in Outlook without any differences (i.e. font is the same). BB10 is inserting the following in to the message: { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro","sans-serif"; color:#262626 } while I cannot seem to get Mac mail to execute the same. Can this be removed from BB10 or added to Mac Mail or some other Mac client? Any suggestions?

I realize there is much discussion regarding formatting, etc. on different clients and how Outlook will display the message as each individual user has configured their Outlook to display. However, if Outlook has the font that is defined it seems to display it, as it is doing for emails sent from BB10.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks
    09-06-13 04:44 PM
    It's how HTML is rendered.

Since there's different OSes and each one has their own set of installed fonts results may vary.

Basically, the first desired font is listed then if that one's not available in the system, it moves on to the next one. So first is Calibri, if they don't it goes second into sans serif. San serif is any font that does have those stylish flicks are the ends of the letter. So the system will choose any font that is San serif for the second choice.

Try choosing a universal font. I believe this is the solution unless I'm wrong about the inconsistency is because of a missing font family.

But the HTML heirachy states that first choice of font goes to user, the first choice of the Web page /email then secondary listed font if it's listed.

Also there's the formatting bar in Mail, so play around with that.
    09-06-13 10:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply. However, most basic emails I am sending are plaintext. When sending from BB10 the font information is embedded and honored by Outlook if it has the font. However, I cannot figure out how to get Mac Mail to embed the font information as well.

Another possible solution would be to have BB10 NOT embed the font information. Thoughts?

Thanks
    09-08-13 11:48 AM
    Try and make sure your Mac is sending messages as either RTF or HTML. Sending as plain text generally just sends the basic information of your message without any formatting details.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 02:50 PM