Hi all I've been away for some time, currently using an iPhone and from an app perspective it's obviously quite handy to have. I've had a good think about it and of all the apps I have, this is what I mainly use or rely on:

1) Facebook
    2) Twitter
    3) LinkedIn
    4) Dropbox
    5) Yahoo weather
    6) Chrome/Safari
    7) Evernote
    8) Concur
    9) banking app

I know 1-4 and 7 are all good natively, right?

My key concern is the banking app and concur as I have to use these for work. If I download the android versions will these work? I don't really know much about how BB works with Android apps.
    12-04-14 05:10 AM
    Would be nice to know which bank you're referring to. Don't get the Z10. The 30 is much better and works really well with the Android apps. Battery life is also far better. The other apps shouldn't be an issue.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    12-04-14 05:13 AM
    Hi Boy Android, most of your app requirements are already available except.

1. Yahoo weather, for this you can download the Yahoo mobile version or use the built in Acu Weather.

2. Concur - in not sure what it does so I cannot advice on that.

3. Not sure which banking app you are using. I'm using an Android version for my banking app. However I prefer using the Web version as the features are better than the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:31 AM
    Hi guys I'm in Australia and I use a bank called ANZ. Highly doubt they have a native blackberry app. Concur is an expense app I use for work. I'm quite sure there is an android version. Should the android version work?
    12-04-14 07:01 AM
    I think our company uses Concur too, I'll try downloading it and letting you know.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:06 AM
    Ok thank you!
    12-04-14 03:46 PM
    Yes, yes, (re)turn to the dark side, we have cookies, new cookies, and more arriving soon!

Posted from Angband using the mighty Hammer of the Underworld, my Q10
    12-04-14 03:49 PM
    You won't have chrome as an option but a lot of people underestimate the power of the BlackBerry 10 browser

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:49 PM
    Google chrome works awesome when you side load it

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:56 PM
    Got Concur to load, but couldn't log into my account. But I think it's my work not having the mobile option enabled, we typically don't.

Seems to be pretty fast

Considering coming back to BB.-img_20141204_211822.png

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:19 PM
    Don't get the Z10. The 30 is much better and works really well with the Android apps.
    Do Android apps run better or worse on certain phones? (outside of hardware differences) Isn't Android emulation mostly a BB OS10 thing?
    12-04-14 11:36 PM
    Do Android apps run better or worse on certain phones? (outside of hardware differences) Isn't Android emulation mostly a BB OS10 thing?
    From personally trying both the Z10 and the Z30, the 30 kicks the 10's **** in every aspect.

I'm unsure about the emulation question.

12-05-14 02:42 AM
    Good to know coming back to bb. How was your experience using emails on iphone? do you get forever option to sync email accounts?
    12-05-14 03:18 AM
    I hope you come back to BlackBerry, I have a passport and I came back from being a long time IOS user. I found the push email system on the iPhone is terrible and once I have gotten used to the HUB, Peek and the gesturing concept, I can go back.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-05-14 04:01 AM
    Ok as I said earlier I live in Australia, I went to 6 different retail outlets today looking for a Z30. None of them had ANY blackberry in stock or knew when they would get them....sad state of affairs. At one of the shops the woman had a bit of a giggle when I asked for blackberry....
    So it seems if I don't buy one of eBay I'm quite limited with options and to be frank a little alarmed about the lack of support bb seems to get as a brand nowadays.
    Even the one retail store which was supposedly selling them, the reaction I got in store was less than positive. "We do sell the passport but they are incredibly hard to get and we don't know when we may get more".
    12-05-14 09:02 AM
    Just doing a search, I had problems finding one most places in Australia... did find this shop on ebay selling new ones for reasonable prices. Seller is rated pretty high so hopefully this helps. Definitely do the Z30 and you will be happy! http://stores.ebay.com.au/OZ-Digital..._fsub=20381567

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:28 AM
    From personally trying both the Z10 and the Z30, the 30 kicks the 10's **** in every aspect.

I'm unsure about the emulation question.

The Z10 has a better screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:23 AM
    The Z10 has a better screen.
    The Z10 has a beautiful screen. On paper the Z30 pixel density is less and I've heard people comment that the brightness is not as good as a Z10. That kept me from buying a Z30 for a long time and now I'm sorry I waited. In real life, I find the Z30 screen to be excellent with great contrast and well saturated colors. The increased size seems to make up for any deficit in brightness or density. I certainly don't feel like I stepped down screen-wise in going from the Z10 to the Z30.
    12-05-14 03:47 PM
    I found the push email system on the iPhone is terrible and once I have gotten used to the HUB, Peek and the gesturing concept, I can go back.
    This. I've been using an iPhone 6 and a Z30. I have to admit the iPhone 6 is a beautiful piece of hardware, fast and smooth, but I just don't understand the push mail. Gmail can take 30 minutes to come in (a well known deficiency). But even my exchange mail from work seems to have a mind of its own. I can get a notification for one of my personal mail boxes and pick up the phone and open the phone app and suddenly I have three emails from the office that I didn't know were there. Yes, it's set to push, and often if I have the Z30 and the iPhone side by side the mail comes in virtually simultaneously. Other times the iPhone mail drags. When I get up in the morning, there may be no notifications showing on the phone, but as soon as I open the mail app, several will come in. The iPhone is known for its great stand-by time and my guess is that even push mail is on a schedule of some sort and isn't working all the time when the phone is idle.
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-05-14 03:55 PM
    The Z10 has a beautiful screen. On paper the Z30 pixel density is less and I've heard people comment that the brightness is not as good as a Z10. That kept me from buying a Z30 for a long time and now I'm sorry I waited. In real life, I find the Z30 screen to be excellent with great contrast and well saturated colors. The increased size seems to make up for any deficit in brightness or density. I certainly don't feel like I stepped down screen-wise in going from the Z10 to the Z30.
    The Z30 looks washed out to me, verging on blurry. It reminds me of the step from a quality flat crt to an lcd. I can see there is plenty of people more than happy with it but me personally would pick the Z10 every time due to the screen (and form-factor).

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:00 PM
    The Z30 looks washed out to me, verging on blurry. It reminds me of the step from a quality flat crt to an lcd. I can see there is plenty of people more than happy with it but me personally would pick the Z10 every time due to the screen (and form-factor).

Posted via CB10
    I originally was concerned about the screen quality of Z30 as well, but really liked it when finally bought one. Z30 is a better device, all around. Although Z10 is also a great device with excellent form factor, its battery life alone is enough to drop it as a contender!
    12-05-14 08:17 PM
    It is but certain handsets handle the runtime better due to specs. The Passport for instance runs Android apps beautifully.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-07-14 04:57 AM
    My passport runs most android apps. Only app that dont work for me is Inbox

Posted via Passport10
    12-07-14 05:08 AM