I have said before that as long as they are selling any models of BB10 phones they have an ethical obligation (and business interest) to keep the basic functions working for at least a couple of years unless it is justimpossible -- like maybe the RAM problem on the tablet if that was for real.

To me this includes Link, Blend and drobox functionality. I don't want to argue about what are basic functions, but that's my take on it. Good companies support their products and go beyond expectations. But that is not Chen's style with anything which is too bad for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 12:34 PM
    I have said before that as long as they are selling any models of BB10 phones they have an ethical obligation (and business interest) to keep the basic functions working for at least a couple of years unless it is justimpossible -- like maybe the RAM problem on the tablet if that was for real.

To me this includes Link, Blend and drobox functionality. I don't want to argue about what are basic functions, but that's my take on it. Good companies support their products and go beyond expectations. But that is not Chen's style with anything which is too bad for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    So what you're really saying, is that Blackberry should have thrown all the remaining bits of BB10 stock into a pit a year-and-a-half ago, which would have been cheaper than continued development.
    10-05-17 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has never had a great track record with supporting products outside of the enterprise space. How many BBOS devices were able to upgrade to the next major OS release? How many even received any minor updates? BB10 is essentially the exception.

Connect to Dropbox hasn't been listed as EOL on their lifecycle page so who knows, we may still see a fix for it but keeping it working for over two years since the last BB10 device launched seems to fit your definition anyway.

https://ca.blackberry.com/support/bu...ort-life-cycle
    10-05-17 02:02 PM
    But they AREN'T selling any models of BB10 phones - or any other phones. The last of BB's inventory was closed out almost 3 quarters ago. Just because a handful of retailers are still selling old inventory doesn't mean BB is obligated to support it. LOL.

There's a YouTube channel I watch called TechMoan, and one of the things the guy does is acquires examples of just about every consumer audio and video recording format that was ever made. He managed to find a brand new (old stock, obviously) Pioneer 8-track player/recorder still sealed in the original box! The thing is 40 years old, but he's the original owner and just opened it up.

Think Pioneer is going to support this unit just because the seal on the box was just broken? Not a chance - and that's the same expectation for BB10 phones, the last of which was released in 2015. Smartphones are widely accepted to have a 2-year replacement cycle, and those devices are coming up on 3 years. BB isn't going to have much reason to provide ANY support for them for too much longer.
    10-05-17 03:09 PM
    But they AREN'T selling any models of BB10 phones - or any other phones. The last of BB's inventory was closed out almost 3 quarters ago. Just because a handful of retailers are still selling old inventory doesn't mean BB is obligated to support it. LOL.

There's a YouTube channel I watch called TechMoan, and one of the things the guy does is acquires examples of just about every consumer audio and video recording format that was ever made. He managed to find a brand new (old stock, obviously) Pioneer 8-track player/recorder still sealed in the original box! The thing is 40 years old, but he's the original owner and just opened it up.

Think Pioneer is going to support this unit just because the seal on the box was just broken? Not a chance - and that's the same expectation for BB10 phones, the last of which was released in 2015. Smartphones are widely accepted to have a 2-year replacement cycle, and those devices are coming up on 3 years. BB isn't going to have much reason to provide ANY support for them for too much longer.
    Dude, you're expecting a lot from some of the "victims" around here! LOL. If it's new to them, and has a BlackBerry logo on it, they blame the logo, not the reseller who sold them an out of date product as "new."

Amazon is clear that, for any product sold as new, it's the seller's responsibility to verify that any manufacturer warranty will be honored, but consumers don't pay attention to anything but price.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-05-17 04:38 PM
    That old adage from back in the Roman days applies here:

"Caveat Emptor" (Let the buyer beware.)
    10-05-17 06:50 PM
    Same here; I'm about to shift my stuff to Box.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 12:20 AM

That suggests buyers have responsibility for their decisions. That's heresy around here, where everyone claims BlackBerry owes them everything from eternal app updates to a link to BlackBerry's five year corporate strategy.

10-06-17 12:26 AM
    HINTS
    Even with Dropbox Apps is no longer working there is still a way to access, managed and share your Dropbox files using the native BB10 file manager
    In short, make sure that your Dropbox sync folder from your PC is listed into your Remote Acces File folder in BBLink. Then in your BB10 file manager, go to your PC devices then to your Dropbox folders...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13038460

I know, in no way this is perfect...
    10-06-17 09:12 AM
    Another way also by no means perfect is to share the folders while logged in to google services and shorten the link to your folder with their URL shortener. Keep the link wherever you want.
    10-06-17 10:42 AM
    The good thing was, that the blackberry updates-if that.

Posted via CB10 for may blackberry® passport ™
    10-06-17 01:24 PM

They were recently selling new devices from their website and advertising their features on their website. Maybe not in the last six months but certainly in the last year.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 06:23 PM

Let the buyer beware is what you say to people have been ripped off.

How about a more modern phrase: the customer is always right.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 06:24 PM
    Let the buyer beware is what you say to people have been ripped off.

How about a more modern phrase: the customer is always right.

Posted via CB10
    That's a nice sentiment, and useful for training service workers, but it has nothing to do with contract law. Try bringing a lawsuit where you claim you're right because you're the customer! LOL

10-08-17 03:49 PM
    They were recently selling new devices from their website and advertising their features on their website. Maybe not in the last six months but certainly in the last year.
    I think you will find that every smartphone you have ever purchased from any manufacturer comes with a software license that specifies that software support is not guaranteed and can end at any time.

You are welcome to any opinions you like, but legally, you have no case.

And as many have pointed out, given that BB is out of the smartphone business, and nearly out of the consumer business, they aren't concerned with what a handful of bitter former users think. They obviously anticipated that a few would be very upset, but that concern was minor compared to the concerns of investors who had lost their tolerance for BB losing money on BB10, or smartphones as a whole.
    10-09-17 03:31 PM
    I think you will find that every smartphone you have ever purchased from any manufacturer comes with a software license that specifies that software support is not guaranteed and can end at any time.

You are welcome to any opinions you like, but legally, you have no case.

And as many have pointed out, given that BB is out of the smartphone business, and nearly out of the consumer business, they aren't concerned with what a handful of bitter former users think. They obviously anticipated that a few would be very upset, but that concern was minor compared to the concerns of investors who had lost their tolerance for BB losing money on BB10, or smartphones as a whole.
    Most of the software licenses Ive seen for this platform are not even RIM. Its google, adobe, apple, some samsung.. it goes on. A Frankenstein of open source software. Would be good reason to move on from it I think. But people still use it because they like it. Too much to say about that. Its not coming back, atleast not how some would want but there are so many resources to work with with it.. even as a hobby. I just dont like the file system on droid or ios.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 01:56 AM
    That's a nice sentiment, and useful for training service workers, but it has nothing to do with contract law. Try bringing a lawsuit where you claim you're right because you're the customer! LOL

I'm not talking about suing. I'm talking about selling -- something BlackBerry doesn't know much about.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 03:32 AM
    I'm not talking about suing. I'm talking about selling -- something BlackBerry doesn't know much about.

Posted via CB10
    Selling to consumers? You're absolutely right. It was never part of the company culture. Research and Development, Design, Manufacturing, and Network Operations were RIM's strengths, and that worked perfectly for them until the game changed in 2007 with the iPhone. After that, only a consumer electronics company could succeed in smartphones. And that was never BlackBerry.

At least BlackBerry's leadership finally accepted the truth that they are a B2B company and refocused on the things they're actually good at. Leaving the hardware to companies that want to deal with consumers has freed them to do things that their traditional customers actually care about: Enterprise security, EMM, and productivity.

app_Developer likes this.
    10-19-17 08:09 AM
    Selling to consumers? You're absolutely right. It was never part of the company culture. Research and Development, Design, Manufacturing, and Network Operations were RIM's strengths, and that worked perfectly for them until the game changed in 2007 with the iPhone. After that, only a consumer electronics company could succeed in smartphones. And that was never BlackBerry.

At least BlackBerry's leadership finally accepted the truth that they are a B2B company and refocused on the things they're actually good at. Leaving the hardware to companies that want to deal with consumers has freed them to do things that their traditional customers actually care about: Enterprise security, EMM, and productivity.

I wouldn't define their (former) core competency that way. Not by their sales channels but what they sold.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 10:57 AM
    I wouldn't define their (former) core competency that way. Not by their sales channels but what they sold.

Posted via CB10
    The enthusiasm for BlackBerry was entirely based on the great experience consumers had with the devices, but almost all CRM functions were handled by carriers and enterprise IT teams. BlackBerry saw the carriers and the IT teams as their customers rather than the end users.

app_Developer likes this.
    10-20-17 01:08 PM
    what Dropbox is now we gonna use it now? thanks

Q10 
    01-02-18 05:25 PM
    what Dropbox is now we gonna use it now? thanks

Q10 
    Check out Basket in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005897

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-04-18 02:59 PM
    Second that. It is a very welcome, new native app

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 01:10 PM
    Second that. It is a very welcome, new native app

Posted via CB10
    Is this better than the Android app? I guess it might be a good idea to download this before BB World goes down.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 01:14 PM
    Is this better than the Android app? I guess it might be a good idea to download this before BB World goes down.

Posted via CB10
    It is better in that being native it is going to use less resources. I have recently been on an APK pruning mission to improve performance as there is a recognised slow down when you have 20+ APKs installed... I'm down to just a few now.

If I'm honest though, Dropbox Android app runs pretty well and I certainly didn't have any complaints with it.

This new Basket app is definitely equal in its good performance, that is for sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 01:21 PM
100 ... 234