On the x-plore,you must tap pdf file and then choose default aplication to open pdf such adobe reader

Posted via My  Dallas
    10-02-17 08:09 AM
    What can be done???

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 03:01 PM
    What can be done???

Posted via CB10
    Read this thread for several solutions.
    10-02-17 03:22 PM
    What can be done???

Posted via CB10
    If you want full BB10 integration through the native file manager, switch to Box or OneDrive. If you just need to access files, read through the above.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-02-17 06:32 PM
    Hm, I tried the X-Plore app, but it doesnt seem to work.
    I can get access to dropbox (got an email for New app login), but when I tap on dropbox in the web storage menu, there is no further file menu. Details Show me only 1 file...

Does anybody had the same issue?

Best regads
    10-03-17 01:55 AM
    Pretty pathetic a single person is managing to update the webOS dropbox app (third party) six years after webOS was discontinued to the new API but all of BlackBerry can't manage that for an OS that is five years newer.
    10-03-17 03:13 AM
    PlayCloud works just fine.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-03-17 05:54 AM
    PlayCloud works just fine.

Not for DropBox. It uses API v1 also.
    10-03-17 06:26 AM
    Not for DropBox. It uses API v1 also.
    Yeah I thought people were looking for alternatives. I am using Google Drive now. Dropbox is just too lazy to keep using an API.

10-03-17 06:29 AM
    Yeah I thought people were looking for alternatives. I am using Google Drive now. Dropbox is just too lazy to keep using an API.

For me, a solution that doesn't integrate with the native file manager is no solution at all. I need to share files constantly through the Hub apps.

10-03-17 04:33 PM
    Pretty pathetic a single person is managing to update the webOS dropbox app (third party) six years after webOS was discontinued to the new API but all of BlackBerry can't manage that for an OS that is five years newer.
    Everyone wanted a "secure" phone OS, and now they're complaining when it's that very security that is preventing third-party apps from being fully integrated. WebOS isn't as secure, but that makes it much easier to keep many external functions going.

And, it's no secret that BB has been out of the BB10 business for about 3 years already. Anything that would require internal development is simply never going to happen.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-03-17 10:29 PM
    Ironically, one of my favorite BB10 apps is Science Daily, which works perfectly. The Android app -- even on Android -- is a complete disaster. Hope it doesn't die.
    10-04-17 03:29 AM
    The blackberry that update it.

Posted via CB10 for may blackberry® passport ™
    10-04-17 06:19 AM
    the blackberry that updates this, has already had time to correct the problem. but unfortunately he does not want to know about his clients.
    10-04-17 06:29 AM
    the blackberry that updates this, has already had time to correct the problem. but unfortunately he does not want to know about his clients.
    BB10 development stopped a long, long time ago. BlackBerry has been on another platform for 2 years now.
    10-04-17 06:48 AM
    This has been known for more than a year now: https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers...v1-deprecated/

It's not like Dropbox just woke up one day and decided to shutdown their v1 APIs. All serious companies first deprecate an API (meaning it still works, but developers are informed that it is deprecated and are advised to transition to the new APIs) and only after a reasonable period of time (more than a year in this case) do they actually turn off old API access.

1 year is more than enough time for any app to transition to new APIs. This just shows that BB is completely out of the BB10 business and things will only continue to get worse in the future as more and more services will become outdated.
    10-04-17 06:54 AM
    The blackberry does not update the dropbox, because you don't want.

Posted via CB10 for may blackberry® passport ™
    10-04-17 02:30 PM
    The blackberry does not update the dropbox, because you don't want.

Posted via CB10 for may blackberry passport
    No one is left at BlackBerry working on BB10 to do it.
    10-04-17 02:41 PM
    Reading the dropbox API doc, the migration to API v2 doesn't look that bad. If only the current client was open source, the community could maintain it.

... or write one from scratch

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 04:58 PM
    This is the difference between official EOL at BlackBerry vs actual reality. They won’t announce EOL for quite some time, but come on, actions (or inaction) speak much louder than words.
    10-04-17 05:29 PM
    This is the difference between official EOL at BlackBerry vs actual reality. They won’t announce EOL for quite some time, but come on, actions (or inaction) speak much louder than words.
    Honestly, I think they've been very clear, for anyone willing to listen. They've repeatedly said that BB10 won't receive any updates after 2016. Some people quibble over version numbers 10.3.3 vs 10.3.4, but the time line has been clear. The native apps that BlackBerry developed and that shipped with BB10 are essentially part of the OS, and won't be upgraded.

Some people have made a point of saying that it wouldn't be very difficult to upgrade the Connect to Dropbox app to the new APIs. That's probably true, but it would still be a complete waste of resources for BlackBerry who will never make another penny from BB10.

BB10 still does some things extremely well for many of us, but the reality is it is not going to receive any additional support, any more than a classic car will receive support from its original manufacturer. Enjoy it for what it does, but don't expect any more maintenance or patches.

app_Developer likes this.
    10-04-17 09:20 PM
    Honestly, I think they've been very clear, for anyone willing to listen. They've repeatedly said that BB10 won't receive any updates after 2016.
    Alex Thurber actually said the opposite on the UTB podcast (the same one where he confirmed the Priv wouldn't get Nougat) and there have been updates in the Spotted OS thread this year. What people should realize though is that these potential updates (if they release) likely won't include any new features and will probably target the needs of enterprise users. The best consumer users can hope for at this point are probably bug fixes.

(at the 40 minute mark)
    10-04-17 11:19 PM
    Alex Thurber actually said the opposite on the UTB podcast (the same one where he confirmed the Priv wouldn't get Nougat) and there have been updates in the Spotted OS thread this year. What people should realize though is that these potential updates (if they release) likely won't include any new features and will probably target the needs of enterprise users. The best consumer users can hope for at this point are probably bug fixes.

(at the 40 minute mark)
    Interesting. I watched that event but didn't take away that they were working on BB10. I can't imagine carriers providing any more updates, but enterprise might be OK with autoloaders.

10-05-17 09:30 AM
    I just downloaded dropbox app from amazon store and connected. Not native app but works / looks a like on android.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 10:32 AM
    Interesting. I watched that event but didn't take away that they were working on BB10. I can't imagine carriers providing any more updates, but enterprise might be OK with autoloaders.

Thurber just talks like that. He is probably referring more to BlackBerry UEM feature fixes for BB10 devices.
    10-05-17 11:12 AM
100 1234