Nnnnooooosssssss RIP-Dropbox :-( . I really enjoy my BlackBerry Classic, I guess i'll need to invest in the priv or Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 09:49 PM
    Nnnnooooosssssss RIP-Dropbox :-( . I really enjoy my BlackBerry Classic, I guess i'll need to invest in the priv or Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    Download X-Plore from Google play store. It works great still.
    If you move to Android you will need a file manager anyway so try this first. It's actually faster then Playcloud was.

Guys this still works so there is no need to abandon BB10 for a simple app change or addition. X-Plore is an excellent file manager
    ***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-29-17 at 07:20 AM.
    09-28-17 10:01 PM
    Thanks, i'll get it a look.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 10:15 PM
    I have received announcement from dropbox that told playcloud uses API V1. Til now. it has not been revised .so we will notbe able to usr it for dropbox
    09-28-17 11:13 PM
    I have received announcement from dropbox that told playcloud uses API V1. Til now. it has not been revised .so we will notbe able to usr it for dropbox
    Confirmed.

I have PlayCloud but had never used it for Dropbox as there was the native client for that. So last night after Dropbox died I attempted to set it up on PlayCloud.

Sadly, it did not work. It said Dropbox was not available; I couldn't even log in.

End of the road, I guess.
    09-29-17 06:57 AM
    Tweet I do and answer from blackberry

Touboul laurent @LaurenT_touboul
    thanks i open a ticket but it's blackberry don't answer any responde @blackberry @blackberryhelp twitter.com/DropboxSupport…
    11:31 - 29 sept. 2017

BlackBerryHelp @blackberryhelp
    2 h
    En réponse à @LaurenT_touboul
    Thanks for the Tweet! We can’t comment on future updates but watch our blog blogs.blackberry.com for the latest news ^PA
    Afficher la conversation ·
    Touboul laurent @LaurenT_touboul
    2 h
    En réponse à @blackberryhelp
    if you can make open source connect to dropbox a developper can update this #BB10users
    Afficher la conversation ·

lolo69 #welove&weshare
    09-29-17 03:51 PM
    Is there an app to sync with Box.com? I used Dropbox to sync with the Noted app and need a replacement. I had no idea Dropbox was killing the API.
    I noticed dropbox is not working anymore last night and I installed the box and onedrive app from BlackBerry World. They work with file manager the same as dropbox did. The only thing I don't like is that I cannot upload large files.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 02:52 AM
    I noticed dropbox is not working anymore last night and I installed the box and onedrive app from BlackBerry World. They work with file manager the same as dropbox did. The only thing I don't like is that I cannot upload large files.

Posted via CB10
    One thing after another is continuously breaking over time on BB10. Things that attracted us to BB10 are slowing diminishing and we are forced to find alternate methods.
    I recommend either X-Plore or any other Android file manager that supports cloud file management. I know @conite had recommended Solid Explorer as do I.

I found that for cloud access X-Plore was way faster then Playcloud and the stock file system on BB10.

Also I don't see it popping up in the background when not in use so give it a whirl
    09-30-17 07:52 AM
    One thing after another is continuously breaking over time on BB10. Things that attracted us to BB10 are slowing diminishing and we are forced to find alternate methods.
    I recommend either X-Plore or any other Android file manager that supports cloud file management. I know @conite had recommended Solid Explorer as do I.

I found that for cloud access X-Plore was way faster then Playcloud and the stock file system on BB10.

Also I don't see it popping up in the background when not in use so give it a whirl
    Do X-Plore or Solid Explorer require patching?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    09-30-17 10:02 AM
    Do X-Plore or Solid Explorer require patching?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    No. But Solid may be a bit heavy for BB10.
    09-30-17 10:04 AM
    The Android Dropbox app from the Amazon App Store works fine. It of course does not integrate with the OS, but at least you can still access your files on BB10.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    09-30-17 10:17 AM
    The Android Dropbox app from the Amazon App Store works fine. It of course does not integrate with the OS, but at least you can still access your files on BB10.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    +1. Plus the original just sent you to a browser connect while the Android app is a straight connect.
    09-30-17 03:12 PM
    Tried the dropbox apk and it killed my battery fast as hell. I just use browser version now

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    10-01-17 03:22 AM
    Tried the dropbox apk and it killed my battery fast as hell. I just use browser version now

No here on my Z30.
    10-01-17 10:54 AM

When you say "apk" do you mean dropbox via the amazon app store?
    10-01-17 11:57 AM
    When you say "apk" do you mean dropbox via the amazon app store?
    An apk file is an Android app, from whatever source.
    10-01-17 12:23 PM
    Is there an app to sync with Box.com? I used Dropbox to sync with the Noted app and need a replacement. I had no idea Dropbox was killing the API.
    Yea its works well.
    https://blog.box.com/blog/introducing-the-v2-api/

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 02:51 PM
    But blackberry will have to release an update for the BBM, since dropbox no longer works on it. Some solution it will have, not is. Still a lot of good people uses blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10 for may blackberry passport
    10-01-17 05:05 PM
    But blackberry will have to release an update for the BBM, since dropbox no longer works on it. Some solution it will have, not is. Still a lot of good people uses blackberry 10.

What does BBM have to do with DropBox?
    10-01-17 05:07 PM
    I want to send a picture or a Pdf to the Dropbox by the BBM already does not. I've been watching and BBM already does not open the dropbox. They will have to update it, or for BOX or ONEDRIVE.

10-01-17 05:15 PM
    I want to send a picture or a Pdf to the Dropbox by the BBM already does not. I've been watching and BBM already does not open the dropbox. They will have to update it, or for BOX or ONEDRIVE.

That has nothing to do with BBM. It is simply activating the native file manager.

Just use Box or OneDrive.
    10-01-17 05:23 PM
    Just installed X-plore apk file
    Working perfectly with dropbox

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 09:28 PM
    my (music) art cover is missing? some tips? thanks

Q10™
    10-01-17 10:06 PM
    my (music) art cover is missing? some tips? thanks

Q10™
    Download ID3iot from Blackberry World Store
    You can fix it and much more
    10-01-17 10:18 PM
    X-plore doesn't work for me well. For almost every pdf I get an error while trying to open them

10-02-17 02:58 AM
100 1234