I hope I do not annoy you with too many questions.

OK. I have an mp3 collection with about 2600 songs. These I have assigned the id-tags 1,2 and 3 with Kid3 (which is a great program, by the way).

The strange thing is that on the pc (with vlc or what else) everything works. The covers are displayed immediately from the net.

On the Z and Q10, however, only 3 of the 2600 are displayed with cover. Everything that seemed logical to me did not work. They all have the same tags generated with Kid3. Even android vlc on the BBs shows very little and when, in bad quality. Maybe a bit more than the BB player but also very bad (much to big). Could it be a rendering problem? I guess not because three ones are working.

I've also compared the media data with a graphics program of the 3 working and the not functioning files (with assingning local images to the tags). All images are technically the same. Again, that works perfect on the pc but the BBs show nothing. And it's all just a copy. Same directory structure.

Imagine this with 2600 files in the list:
    Confused whith mp3 id tags on Q10 and Z10-img_20180824_182502.png

Does someone here has an idea what the problem could be?

Greetings
    08-24-18 02:32 PM
    That is odd... all my album art appears whether in mP3 or wma format. The album art is downloaded in Windows as I rip the CD's. Some of the newer music CD's don't have album art and just have the music note symbol. One thing I really like about BB10 is the completeness of their music player.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 08:29 PM
    Many graphics/photo editing apps will save pictures in "progressive" format by default, but most player apps will not display album art that is saved as progressive - the album art needs to be in JPG format and saved as "baseline".

You can use an app like TagScanner to batch-convert all of your album art and re-encode it as baseline, and even resize it if you need to. You'll probably find that you've got near 100% working album art once it's all baseline-encoded.
    08-25-18 01:34 AM
    Thanks. I did it with Kid3. There you can drag Covers from Discogs, Amazon, Wikipedia or others into a mp3, whole album etc. and it saves the the associated link int tag v.2 and v.3. That took a lot of time but now it works perfect.
    08-27-18 04:45 PM
    That took a lot of time but now it works perfect.
    You and I have very different definitions of "a lot of time" - LOL. I'm nearly done with a project that has taken almost 3 years of re-ripping my CDs into FLACs and into 320k MP3s, with full and correct ID3 tags and high quality artwork (mostly sourced from fanart.tv, but quite a few scanned or edited/corrected myself). Every album folder has a 1000x1000 album art, and every individual song file has a copy of that album art at 512x512. This time around, I ripped and tagged every single song on every single album - THEN I copied the hit songs/songs I liked into my primary music collection (I'm a mobile DJ).

I have just under 20,000 catalog songs - all radio hits - plus the last 5 years worth of hits from my DJ music subscription. The latter contains a lot of crap that I purge once it reaches 5 years old, saving only the few songs that are hits.

I did all this because I never want to have to do it again. I have 3 copies of my ripped music, including an off-site backup, and so I can go into my collection and pull songs and optionally convert from FLAC to MP3 with very little work, but getting them to fully tagged FLAC files has taken a long, LONG time! Hahaha.
    08-27-18 09:53 PM
    Very impressive Troy!! And I thought ripping all my cd's to wma took a lot of time.... and it did, but everything is relative.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 12:41 AM
    You and I have very different definitions of "a lot of time" - LOL. I'm nearly done with a project that has taken almost 3 years of re-ripping my CDs into FLACs and into 320k MP3s, with full and correct ID3 tags and high quality artwork (mostly sourced from fanart.tv, but quite a few scanned or edited/corrected myself). Every album folder has a 1000x1000 album art, and every individual song file has a copy of that album art at 512x512. This time around, I ripped and tagged every single song on every single album - THEN I copied the hit songs/songs I liked into my primary music collection (I'm a mobile DJ).

I have just under 20,000 catalog songs - all radio hits - plus the last 5 years worth of hits from my DJ music subscription. The latter contains a lot of crap that I purge once it reaches 5 years old, saving only the few songs that are hits.

I did all this because I never want to have to do it again. I have 3 copies of my ripped music, including an off-site backup, and so I can go into my collection and pull songs and optionally convert from FLAC to MP3 with very little work, but getting them to fully tagged FLAC files has taken a long, LONG time! Hahaha.
    Nice, spent a few months like this on a music library myself some time ago..

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 09:51 PM
    Still working on mine. I need to upgrade my NAS as I still have a considerable amount of CD's and DVD's (concert films) to convert to FLAC and ISO.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-18 07:40 AM
    Very impressive Troy!! And I thought ripping all my cd's to wma took a lot of time.... and it did, but everything is relative.
    I have around 3600 CDs, and will eventually have FLACs of all of them, even though the majority of the songs didn't make it into my primary collection (just the hits). But every now and then I discover a song that I know and like that I don't have in my collection, and now I won't have to dig a CD out of storage to get a copy - I can just plug in a drive and copy it off.

That's a huge plus for me, and worth all the work. And I may have a little OCD when it comes to my music collection - but that's normal, right? Lol.
    08-29-18 05:03 PM
    I have around 3600 CDs, and will eventually have FLACs of all of them, even though the majority of the songs didn't make it into my primary collection (just the hits). But every now and then I discover a song that I know and like that I don't have in my collection, and now I won't have to dig a CD out of storage to get a copy - I can just plug in a drive and copy it off.

That's a huge plus for me, and worth all the work. And I may have a little OCD when it comes to my music collection - but that's normal, right? Lol.
    OMG ??? Troy I didn't realize you were running a 2nd hand music store, Lol. . That's a lot of Cd's...
    08-29-18 05:31 PM
    OMG ??? Troy I didn't realize you were running a 2nd hand music store, Lol. . That's a lot of Cd's...
    To be fair, I've bought a lot of CDs from a "second hand music store" - Rasputin's, which has several stores in the Bay Area.
    08-30-18 01:13 AM
    To be fair, I've bought a lot of CDs from a "second hand music store" - Rasputin's, which has several stores in the Bay Area.
    Ha ha, yeah I hope so...never mind the time to rip all those to FLAC. I have to say though it's worth the effort. I am really enjoying the FLAC format since converting most of my CDs. Finally it's practical to carry around CD quality audio with me all the time.
    08-30-18 10:43 AM

Seems normal to me. CD...OCD. When you spend that much time on a collection and you DJ, you should be particular.

Love flac, but I tried various formats and found wma was the best bang for storage space on my sd cards.

I was sooo disappointed my keyone music player didn't recognize wma and whilst I love vlc for converting recorded wav files, it doesn't group and playlist like the native bb10 music does. Even if bb10 totally implodes in a few years, this Q10 is staying around as a music player.

3600 cd's is very impressive btw. Wow.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 10:51 PM
    WMA is proprietary, and that always means limited compatibility, which is why I've stuck with 320k MP3s for general use. They work everywhere.

The availability of 2TB M.2 SSDs has allowed me to start migrating to FLACs for my DJ music collection, which just wasn't practical before as I wanted to avoid using external drives.

I started buying CDs in 1985, even though it was another year before I could afford my own CD player - and they only had 14-bit DACs until 1987, when the first 16-bit DACs rolled out on high-end players. Still, as soon as CDs started becoming available, the only vinyl I bought were 12" extended singles, which usually had music that wasn't available on CD. And as I said, I raid the used section of music stores and buy 20 at a time, so over 30+ years, it's not hard to rack up a big collection.
    08-31-18 12:08 AM

Hi
    Dunno how much you know about Linux and this sort of thing but I recommend using a tiny computer named raspberry pi (the zero with WiFi should do the trick and it is about 5-10$ (I used raspberry pi 3 which was around the corner and had no use)) back to topic :
    By it and install any OS you want and than install a library software (codi or clementine and they both can stream on personal network) than you just need to connect what ever device you want to that network and enjoy music everywhere! Also clementine have a android app which will act as a remote control and or the player. (also allows you to download currently playing music to your phone so easy transfer)

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    08-31-18 05:16 PM
    Oh, I have several Pis in use, but my music collection is too much for them (slow due to lack of local caching) and I have a NAS for all of my media already - not just music, but lots of movies and TV shows. I've been using Emby (formerly Media Browser) for a decade or more now to host my media.
    08-31-18 07:21 PM
    Oh, I have several Pis in use, but my music collection is too much for them (slow due to lack of local caching) and I have a NAS for all of my media already - not just music, but lots of movies and TV shows. I've been using Emby (formerly Media Browser) for a decade or more now to host my media.
    Glad to hear it!
    For pis you can run os headless which means more processing power and you can enable write trough which make sort of local caching (need some kernel level tweaks) or use really fast card and enable swapping as caching!
    It really is cool!
    I did have lots of BD's rip and watch them from time to time on home TV (almost all systems in my home are headless) so I need to connect everything to each other! :-)

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    08-31-18 07:31 PM