In my contacts app I have gone into Settings and set all contact types (BBM, Facebook, Hotmail, SIM Card Contacts, BBLink, etc...) to Off.

With all of the above "off", I still have 60 contacts showing in my Contacts app. Where are they loading from?

I've previously sync'd my contacts with my PC via Link (from Outlook), but I've got the "BBLink" contacts set to "off" as mentioned above.

I thought I'd try turning on Hotmail contacts. My contact count increases to 90 and displays several duplicates instead of merging them (they're identical).

So I can't use my Hotmail contacts in place of the mysterious local ones.

I don't know where the local contacts are stored and how they're toggled on and off.

Any tips?

Thanks.
    03-14-14 12:59 AM
    Local contacts are what is showing up. You don't (can't) turn them off...they are in phone memory. You can probably use Ghost Commander to delete them if you want...

Trusted Member Genius
    03-14-14 03:48 AM
    The whole contacts issue with blackberry has been a year long pain in the *** for myself. With doubles - triples and contacts that link themselves to wrong contacts, and why the heck do Facebook contacts come up when sending a text msg. I don't even want Facebook contacts on my phone yet they appear even though the sync is turned off! OK vented...

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-14-14 07:49 AM
    Go into Settings. Accounts and then use the overflow option (three dots in lower right corner). There you will see option to clear local contacts.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:02 AM
    Go into Settings. Accounts and then use the overflow option (three dots in lower right corner). There you will see option to clear local contacts.

Posted via CB10
    What purpose would this serve?
    03-14-14 09:12 AM
    Clean up list?

Trusted Member Genius
    artie likes this.
    03-14-14 10:00 AM
    That probably depends on what the OP wants to do with the local contacts in question.

If it's creating conflicts with other contact sources, it might be best to just clear them out for good.

If there are any unique contacts that aren't in any other source account, the OP could try to copy them to another location before clearing them out. That may depend on the OS version. I don't know if the ability to copy from one contact list to another has always been possible.

Referring to the thread title - I think even BlackBerry is confused about contacts. They've never really worked right.

Posted via CB10
    artie likes this.
    03-14-14 10:13 AM
    Thank you Joel,
    03-14-14 09:59 PM
    After upgrading to .2228, my contacts that have Facebook links are not pulling profile pics from Facebook. What gives!!!
    03-14-14 10:04 PM
    After upgrading to .2228, my contacts that have Facebook links are not pulling profile pics from Facebook. What gives!!!
    I had the same problem. I removed and re added Facebook from accounts and they showed up.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:22 PM
    Blackberry needs to make contacts easier to use.. every single person with a bb10 around me (approx 60) is confused. We all think you must be a geek head or need a BlackBerry PhD to understand what is happening. For business this doesn't work!

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-15-14 12:38 PM
    Same issues here. Actually have a bunch just missing altogether.

Anyone have success tiring contacts to dark theme? Not working for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 01:21 PM