I hear basic BB10 phones will retain phone, texting, but than I hear the phones will be bricked. Am I wasting my time thinking my Passport will have any use after 2022 Kill Off? Does anyone really know? Not counting in ( I'm in T-Mobile) carriers. But doesn't Passport have enough to survive carriers shutting done with it's 4G ability? Or, do we simply have to wait and see? Arghhhh.
    09-23-21 07:59 AM
    I hear basic BB10 phones will retain phone, texting, but than I hear the phones will be bricked. Am I wasting my time thinking my Passport will have any use after 2022 Kill Off? Does anyone really know? Not counting in ( I'm in T-Mobile) carriers. But doesn't Passport have enough to survive carriers shutting done with it's 4G ability? Or, do we simply have to wait and see? Arghhhh.
    BlackBerry said this
    At the time of termination of services, devices running BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier software, BlackBerry 10 software, and BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier software will no longer reliably function. These devices will lack the ability to receive over the air provisioning updates and as such, this functionality will no longer be expected to reliably function, including for data, phone calls, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality.​​​​ Applications (BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and BlackBerry Blend) will also have limited functionality.
    Now many hope that BB10 won't be as affected as BBOS and PlayBook OS... we won't know till either BlackBerry is more specific or we see what happens.

As for 3G shutdown.... it's over in the USA. While it is thought the Passport (and only the Passport) has the hardware to support the newer VoLTE standards, it lacks the software updates to allow it. Maybe the guy converting Passports to Android will give Passport users a new chance... or maybe not.

Bottom line is no one really knows right now, but odds are against you.
    09-23-21 08:12 AM
    Got it, wait and see, wait and see.
    09-23-21 08:32 AM
    Got it, wait and see, wait and see.
    More like Plan & Prepare and then wait and see.

As you have, BB10 users need to remove BB Theft-Protection and De-BBID their phones. Now, not waiting for the day before...
    All personal data should be saved/backed up in a non-BlackBerry format, and not on the device.
    A replacement device should be picked out and accessible - either can be delivered right away or go ahead a purchase it. (if your on AT&T they will do this for you, well before that date)
    09-23-21 09:15 AM
    where and who is this guy converting passports to android?
    09-23-21 09:21 AM
    If you remove bb theft and de bbid, then wipe right away, don't reboot. After first wipe , if you wipe again, do you have remove bb theft and ID again?
    09-23-21 10:21 AM
    If you remove bb theft and de bbid, then wipe right away, don't reboot. After first wipe , if you wipe again, do you have remove bb theft and ID again?
    Never tried a wipe.... always used an Autoloader for best results.

But no BBID won't come back and theft protection won't reenable. But does mean giving up BBW...
    09-23-21 10:29 AM
    where and who is this guy converting passports to android?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rsion-1191781/

He hasn't actually shown it yet, and from what he has said... hasn't really gotten it fully working.

But he has a website and a price list already. Only $300 - $500 depend on which upgrades you opt for, and you provide the phone. Not sure about guarantees if something happens in the process .
    09-23-21 10:36 AM
    Can you suggest safest place to download the auto loader?
    09-23-21 10:46 AM
    Can you suggest safest place to download the auto loader?
    https://mega.nz/file/1NZ1SQBB#yL_ZV5...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM

Passport.
    09-23-21 10:57 AM
    Has anyone tried emailing BB and asking?
    09-23-21 01:10 PM
    Probably no one left there who would know.

In any event, I wouldn't believe anything anyone has to say anyway. We'll only know when it happens.
    09-23-21 01:13 PM
    Probably no one left there who would know.

In any event, I wouldn't believe anything anyone has to say anyway. We'll only know when it happens.
    And more a question that Public Relations and Legal would be involved in, rather than Technical Support.
    09-23-21 01:30 PM
    Here is BB LTD Official Statement:

"At the time of termination of services, devices running BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier software, BlackBerry 10 software, and BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier software will no longer reliably function. These devices will lack the ability to receive over the air provisioning updates and as such, this functionality will no longer be expected to reliably function, including for data, phone calls, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality.​​​​ Applications (BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and BlackBerry Blend) will also have limited functionality."

Pretty sure if anyone responds to your email they will just send you this statement.

Let us know if you get anything else from BB.
    09-23-21 05:32 PM
    Will do, i was surprised at their 250 character limit contact form, we’ll see how it goes.
    09-23-21 11:29 PM
    Will do, i was surprised at their 250 character limit contact form, we’ll see how it goes.
    They need people to be precise in their questions.....
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-24-21 07:07 AM
    Glad I found this thread. I just received the "BlackBerry devices running these legacy services and software will no longer function reliably for data, voice services, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality" message from my service provider offering to sell me a new phone. I'll stick with my Passport and see what happens. I don't see why data, voice, etc would be affected since BB10 doesn't use BIS.
    10-06-21 10:30 AM
    Glad I found this thread. I just received the "BlackBerry devices running these legacy services and software will no longer function reliably for data, voice services, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality" message from my service provider offering to sell me a new phone. I'll stick with my Passport and see what happens. I don't see why data, voice, etc would be affected since BB10 doesn't use BIS.
    If you are in the States where 3G is being shut down, you won't be able to talk and text on a Passport.

We also don't know if you can add an email account to the HUB without BlackBerry servers.

Best to wipe and set up your device without a BBID so you don't risk bricking your device after wipng it post Feb.
    10-06-21 10:38 AM
    If you are in the States where 3G is being shut down, you won't be able to talk and text on a Passport.

We also don't know if you can add an email account to the HUB without BlackBerry servers.

Best to wipe and set up your device without a BBID so you don't risk bricking your device after wipng it post Feb.
    My message from provider this morning states Jan 4, 2022. Gonna wait til December to wipe (gambler).
    10-06-21 11:58 AM

I'm with Rogers in Canada. Guess I'll wait and see what happens in January.

I keep all my important info on the SD card, so moving my stuff to a new device should be easy (I hope). Backed up my contacts this morning with Contacts ImEx and saved them as cvs and vcf files.
    Also removed my devices from BlackBerry Protect.

It's too bad there's been no word from Onward Mobility lately.
    10-06-21 01:46 PM
    I'm with Rogers in Canada. Guess I'll wait and see what happens in January.

I keep all my important info on the SD card, so moving my stuff to a new device should be easy (I hope). Backed up my contacts this morning with Contacts ImEx and saved them as cvs and vcf files.
    Also removed my devices from BlackBerry Protect.

It's too bad there's been no word from Onward Mobility lately.
    While it’s still possible, I’d backup all that important stuff into cloud backup of your choice. The various problems with SD cards and data loss due to encryption or just failure in general is a problem without the addition of BB10 shutdown.
    10-06-21 02:08 PM
    "At the time of termination of services, devices running BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier software, BlackBerry 10 software, and BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier software will no longer reliably function. These devices will lack the ability to receive over the air provisioning updates and as such, this functionality will no longer be expected to reliably function, including for data, phone calls, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality.​​​​ Applications (BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and BlackBerry Blend) will also have limited functionality."
    Am I missing something, in terms of that BlackBerry statement having nothing to do with 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE, etc...?
    10-06-21 07:04 PM
    Am I missing something, in terms of that BlackBerry statement having nothing to do with 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE, etc...?
    It doesn't really matter. It is a blanket statement that seems to include functions of the phone that require the use of those cellular network types to work.

And we still aren't really sure of calls and text issue really apply to BB10 - outside of the VoLTE issue.
    10-06-21 07:31 PM
    correct BB doesnt care about that. They themselves are pulling the plugs on all the services. The 3g thing is another set of issues all together
    10-06-21 07:32 PM
    correct BB doesnt care about that. They themselves are pulling the plugs on all the services. The 3g thing is another set of issues all together
    That is what I thought. Just checking.
    10-06-21 07:34 PM
30 12