I have the same problem before. When i update my router's firmware, i'm OK. It's easy and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    in 80% of wifi (BB) issues its not router !
    And its better to say "Check your router for firmware update " ,router update is not every month , maybe 1-2 times year !

Try OpenWRT if supported ! ;=)
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-26-15 02:41 AM
    in 80% of wifi (BB) issues its not router !
    And its better to say "Check your router for firmware update " ,router update is not every month , maybe 1-2 times year !

Try OpenWRT if supported ! ;=)
    If that!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 12:48 PM
    Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I still suffer from the Wifi range issue on BB Z30 (STA100-5). My router is Actiontec V1000H. It runs on the 2.4 band only, so my guess is this is the reason only some have experienced the bug. The Z30 seems to work better with newer, dual-band routers.

In my case, I lose the Wifi connection as soon as I'm a couple of rooms away, especially if I'm too close to my other devices. I have no other issues on any of the other devices. This is reminding of my Nexus 4 days. It is not a channel issue, as I have already tried different channels. I live in a house.

Since this last update, I have reloaded the device on BB Link (fresh 10.2), followed by the OTA update, and finally did a restore of my app data, minus device settings and media files. This is the closest I could get it to a "clean state." I only use a few essential apps, and very few Android apps, which are all up-to-date.

Not sure what to do at this point. Going to go back and read a little, to see if any solutions have come up. I consider myself a very technical person, so I am certain this is a bug. The last incremental update only improved it by a small amount (i.e. mostly faster re-connection).

I have gone ahead and bought a cheap Q5, just to test out the keyboard, and most importantly see if it also experiences similar issues. I was going to return it, but at this point, I'm willing to do anything to alleviate this Wifi problem. I need 10.3.1 for the Farsi support, so can't really go back either.
    03-26-15 06:21 PM
    My wifi cuts out when other people on the same network have perfect wifi, I have to restart the wifi on my BlackBerry and then it reconnects.

Posted via CB10
    Mine worked fine in a hotel in Tahiti when people with iPhones couldn't connect. We have now confirmed that the new iPhone 6 has a severe WIFI problem. Or, something else.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-27-15 08:19 AM
    Please help me, I am facing wifi issue after updating to 10.3.1.1779. It was not there in 10.2 . Each time I have to restart my phone in order to get the signal. Even also I restart after some time I am losing signal once again.

Thanks in advance.
    theGUNNER likes this.
    04-04-15 08:00 AM
    See and I'm exactly the opposite I continually got the Wifi has limited connectivity messages before no matter where I went work, home, public spots, Canada, us and mexico

Since the latest set of updates both wife and I those messages are completely gone, oh it might happen at work if I am in the elevator heading down to ground floor from 5th floor offices but then I truly am out of range.

Z30 -5 running on koodo, on 1784

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:38 AM
    I used to get limited wifi warnings, until I replaced my router. Really don't see it anymore, unless I'm using someone else's wifi, which likely hasn't been updated. Seventy-five to one hundred feet seems to be the max though.

I have noticed that when I'm near the range limit, the phone loads data faster if I disable either the wifi or cellular radio. It seems as though it has conflicts with weak signals present.

Do whatever you can to maximize the signal/reception, would be my suggestion.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:18 AM
    I loaded 2559 radio, and the problem gone.. STA 100-2 Z 30. Guys try it..
    CONFIRMED: WiFi still sucks with the latest 10.3.1.1779-img_20150404_192632.png

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:28 AM
    I have Wifi connection problems from the beginning with my z10. They come and go. Everything is working for a month and then the connection problems are there again. In most cases only for a few hours. Then it's fine again. I stopped trying to solve the problem - nothing worked. All my other devices don't have any problems concering Wifi. Change the router when every other device works perfectly ...that's not logical. It's the Blackberry where the problem is. It is annoying and certainly a point of consideration when buying a new phone. I don't have the time to fix this myself. And why should I? When I buy a device, I expect it to work in a reliable way. If that's not the case, the manufacturer should try fix the problem. BlackBerry had a lot of time to do that. Obviously they couldn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:40 PM
    Previously I had a Rogers wireless router. It would drop WiFi 6 or 10 or 24 or sometimes NO times a day. No rhyme no reason. It would reconnect; 30 seconds later and continue on. It was the only solution and we lived with it. It impacted all devices.

The solution after MUCH investigation was the router; changing the DNS to the Google public one was the trick. 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 The router has now probably not dropped WiFi more than 2x in the last 18 months
    04-04-15 03:44 PM
    This is all news to me as I rarely have Wi-Fi issues ever. The odd time I get a limited connectivity notification, I'll get the same thing at my laptop, concluding that it's something at my modem/router. After I reset my router by unplugging/replugging, everything is back to normal every single time.
    04-04-15 05:12 PM
    Wifi reception is beyond ****ty

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    04-04-15 06:24 PM
    Check your routers manufacturer for a firmware update. I had similar issues until I updated my D-Link's firmware. This may help some experiencing issues in their home.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:23 PM
    Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I still suffer from the Wifi range issue on BB Z30 (STA100-5). My router is Actiontec V1000H. It runs on the 2.4 band only.
    Actiontec is still in business? They were some of the worst ever years ago.

Linksys WRT54G before and Asus RT66N now at my house......no problems connecting or staying connected.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    Last edited by ppeters914; 04-07-15 at 03:53 PM.
    04-04-15 10:53 PM
    I just got a z30 with .1780 on it and it doesn't seem to be picking up my wifi in the house. I've seen a whole bunch of articles on wifi issues with the 10.3 and I've been away from BlackBerry for several months. I got away from an iPhone 6 and came back to my beloved z30, gave up on some of my apps...etc, did I also lose my wifi for now??

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:39 PM
    ...sorry.....1784.....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:40 PM
    Still no signs of improvement. It is getting worse day by day, the WiFi experience.

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    04-07-15 03:57 PM
    I just turned off and back on and is working fine now
    04-07-15 04:07 PM
    I suddenly had issues with one Wifi network, at my office, today. It would disable the saved network and was driving me crazy. I was fiddling around with the settings while waiting to confirm that the Wifi password hadn't changed, and noticed a setting for the saved network to select 2.4GHz, 5GHz, or something along the lines of Both or Hybrid or something which was the default. I switched it to 2.4GHz (our office isn't on the front lines technologically speaking so I just assumed this was correct) and suddenly everything was able to connect and worked for the remainder of the day. I'll keep an eye on it but it was instantly working again once I switched this. Hope that helps!
    04-07-15 08:35 PM
    Still no signs of improvement. It is getting worse day by day, the WiFi experience.

Posted via CB10
    That is most certainly not an OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-08-15 11:51 AM
    That is most certainly not an OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you think that it's the OS and nothing else? My neighbor's Wi-Fi drops, my own, at my friends place and all this happening just after I updated to 10.3.1. OS changed from 10.2.1 but my life hasn't so did the routers at each place.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:39 PM
    Don't you think that it's the OS and nothing else? My neighbor's Wi-Fi drops, my own, at my friends place and all this happening just after I updated to 10.3.1. OS changed from 10.2.1 but my life hasn't so did the routers at each place.

Posted via CB10
    If the issue is deteriorating day by day then you are experiencing hardware failure or increasing levels of wifi interference. Try changing what channel your router is broadcasting on.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:59 PM
    for me since very first 10.3.1

wifi has low range on 10.3.1

its an os bug
    04-08-15 01:03 PM
    If you aren't against leaks or other officials try .2708.
    04-08-15 01:15 PM
    I just got notice of the OS update. Maybe I'll wait.

BB Proud
    04-08-15 01:15 PM
160 1234 ...