Hi, many people may not know but dark mode saves 8-10% power even on lcd. Google the lumia test

I use dark mode on everything, as I also like the aesthetics.

However, having dark everything but hub just looks out of place.

So, was wondering since it's been back and forth; is it confirmed that there's no dark hub?

I had thought it would be in 3.1 but that could have been delayed. Chen said he doesn't like it, but that's all I've heard from news channels.
    03-22-15 09:07 AM
    no dark hub so far, no
    03-22-15 09:13 AM
    Old news. And long ago confirmed that the dark hub wasn't coming after being teased of it in a posted image of 10.3.0 back in... oh, I guess it was last September.

That was 6 months ago.

And, no, actually full black on a regular LCD screen actually consumes a just the slightest bit more power than full white.

Why?

Because it takes more power to keep the pixel closed - which blocks the light from the always on backlight, than it does to leave it open - which is the normal no-power state.

The thing is, that power consumption is extremely minor compared to everything else the phone is doing, and compared to the power consumption of the backlight itself the whole time.

I don't know that this Lumina test is you mention, but it's been tested plenty of other times - including a few members on this forum that have power usage software, and they have found that the LCD screen BlackBerrys do use a very tiny amount more power when the screen is on but all black, than when showing all white. At the same time, there was a more noted difference on the AMOLED screens - using quite a bit less power when displaying all, or mostly, black compared to displaying a full white screen.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that I want an all dark theme option - system wide - on my regular ol' IPS LCD screened Z10.
    03-22-15 09:24 AM
    However, that still doesn't change the fact that I want an all dark theme option - system wide - on my regular ol' IPS LCD screened Z10.
    Ditto here!

And while we're at it, where is the landscape home screen? I'm tired of flipping to portrait (or swiping up instead of right to check email or down instead of left to switch to another app). Even Apple figured this out for iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MPG Vancouver; 03-22-15 at 10:17 AM.
    unical likes this.
    03-22-15 09:45 AM
    Just for the sake of consistency, we need the dark Hub. On the Q10, all menus and options and apps are dark themed. The "light" Hub clashes with the rest of the OS.
    If not giving us dark Hub, at least give us the option to have the "light" menus and options, so as to have some consistency.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2582 CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 03-23-15 at 05:43 AM.
    03-22-15 07:12 PM
    I cant understand why this has not been implemented yet. Its not that hard to program surely? Afterall we already have dark everything else. It just seems crazy that blackberry cannot just stick an option in the software for it. What am I missing?

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.2258
    jope28 likes this.
    03-23-15 04:32 AM
    There is little customization introduced in BB10, in comparison to BBOS, but I hope this would change soon. Giving the users the option of picking how they want their hubs to look like (dark/light) would definitely benefit them in the long-run, rather than picking one for everyone to use.
    I, for instance, dislike the default background of BBM conversations, which is why I switched to the dark theme. I would also prefer a dark-themed hub, regardless of the power consumption. I'd be buying an extra battery, so that's supposed to be even better for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:13 AM
    You can create dark hub by using accessibility functions. This means you must then change other themes. The problem is that all your photos will look like negatives.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:15 AM
    You can create dark hub by using accessibility functions. This means you must then change other themes. The problem is that all your photos will look like negatives.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... that's not really a solution.

Posted via CB10
    RexdaleNap likes this.
    03-23-15 08:39 AM
    Old news. And long ago confirmed that the dark hub wasn't coming after being teased of it in a posted imag0.
    Do You Save Battery When Using a Dark Background in Windows Phone?
    03-23-15 10:55 AM
    Well, the "preliminary" change log that CrackBerry has on the front page for the Beta 10.3.2 OS has no mention of the dark Hub. That can't be a good sign.
    It's a beta OS, so there's still (faint) hope for us.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2582 CB10
    03-25-15 09:29 AM
    What's taking blackberry too long to release the dark hub?

<hr><br>If you want world peace, start within yourself.
    03-25-15 11:57 AM
    They may not want to, no dark hub on 10.3.2.500
    05-12-15 02:25 PM
    Yeah... that's not really a solution.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, lol it looks like crap.
    05-12-15 02:25 PM
    Still nothing. Pathetic.
    01-07-16 10:52 PM
    At this point, I think one can say with a good degree of certainty it isn't coming at all. Though it'd be awesome if it did.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:03 PM