John Chen just announced on FOXBUSINESS that he will not give up the handset division. How about that?
    Confirmed End of BlackBerry 10 [Opinion]-img_20151109_091806.jpg

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-09-15 08:27 AM
    John Chen just announced on FOXBUSINESS that he will not give up the handset division. How about that?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151109_091806.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	379722

Posted via CB10
    This is good to hear that BlackBerry will continue handset business.

Z10/STL100-2 OS 10.3.2. 2789
    11-09-15 09:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151109_091806.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	379722

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't mean he'll keep making bb10 handsets, but hey, android is better than nuthin!

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-09-15 02:47 PM
    Doesn't mean he'll keep making bb10 handsets, but hey, android is better than nuthin!

Doesn't mean he won't make more BB10 devices either. I noticed she asked him straight up if the Priv was better than other Android devices with respect to vulnerabilities. His answer won't sell well in high security government and business. Nor would anyone believe him if he had promised what she asked.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    11-09-15 03:53 PM
    Sorry, you can't claim to have a secure phone when the first thing users have to do is sign in with a F$*k%Ng Google account...
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 07:20 PM
    Vienna coming. Does anyone still dispute the end of BlackBerry 10? Some security updates next year is all that's left, no music or video in the store, etc, etc

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:32 AM
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Security and privacy are 2 different things. Signing in with a google account has nothing to do with security.
    11-12-15 04:48 AM
    Security and privacy are 2 different things. Signing in with a google account has nothing to do with security.
    Wrong. It is very secure but has nothing to do with privacy.

11-12-15 04:54 AM
    Wrong. It is very secure but has nothing to do with privacy.

Except that by signing on with Google you accept a whole boatload of privacy invading boilerplate, which given the contents of the Google empire is significant.
    11-12-15 06:03 AM
    Except that by signing on with Google you accept a whole boatload of privacy invading boilerplate, which given the contents of the Google empire is significant.
    I don't know what you mean by privacy invading boilerplate. The fact is, Google has your data. Whether you have a BlackBerry device or an android. Your carrier also has your data, whether you have a BlackBerry or an android. These are privacy issues but not security issues because Google and your carrier aren't a risk for you (well, for most of us).

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:20 PM
    I don't know what you mean by privacy invading boilerplate. The fact is, Google has your data. Whether you have a BlackBerry device or an android. Your carrier also has your data, whether you have a BlackBerry or an android. These are privacy issues but not security issues because Google and your carrier aren't a risk for you (well, for most of us).

Posted via CB10
    You said signing in with Google has nothing to do with privacy. But in order to use applications with Google Play Services you need to have a Google account. Then any data gathered by Play Services enabled applications are tied to that account and anything you do with other Play Services enabled applications. One of the things Google strives to do is identify with all the ways that you access the Internet. That is indeed a privacy issue. Some people accept it as an acceptable price to pay for the services they get in return. Others, myself included, don't. For me the data mining and amalgamation done by Google with Android is far too high a price. We value our privacy higher than Google Services.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-12-15 04:26 PM
    You said signing in with Google has nothing to do with privacy. But in order to use applications with Google Play Services you need to have a Google account. Then any data gathered by Play Services enabled applications are tied to that account and anything you do with other Play Services enabled applications. One of the things Google strives to do is identify with all the ways that you access the Internet. That is indeed a privacy issue. Some people accept it as an acceptable price to pay for the services they get in return. Others, myself included, don't. For me the data mining and amalgamation done by Google with Android is far too high a price. We value our privacy higher than Google Services.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    I boycott Google in some ways. For example, I try and avoid using its search engine. But I'm not willing to take it as far as you, seemingly. Do you have a computer? You're giving data to Microsoft or apple as the case may be. Do you have a blackberry ? You're giving your data to BlackBerry. Do you use Google ? You're giving them some of your information. Do you have an email address? You're giving the company which hosts that address. That company will give the information away if it's required of them. There was one case where a company didn't (Lavabit) and the government had the company shut down. Don't think that BlackBerry won't share your data with the government if they require it. There are two kinds of privacy that people often get mixed up: on the one hand the privacy concerns that appear when you allow huge corporations to collect your data, and on the other hand the kind that appears when some person "on your level" tries to get your data from you. That, and that only is the one BlackBerry maybe will protect you from, via encryption, hardware/software integration etc. Not the first. And your BlackBerry device has an android runtime, doesn't it? Or do you not download android apps? Long story short, if you are not willing as you say to allow some of your data to be used by corporations and the government then you wouldn't have a computer, a phone (including blackberries), no social media, virtually nothing online or technological. And I'll go even further, if you connect to the Internet then your privacy and data is at risk , so using Internet is out of bounds too if you wish to go with this way of thinking. It's like life: If you wish to avoid all risks then you would end up living in a bomb proof safe with survival food. So forget it, keep yourself secure as is convenient (VPNs, duckduckgo/ixquick) but don't be obsessed with it. I've mostly accepted the conveniences of having great technology in exchange for a bit of my information. And I do think things should change a bit, but this starts by people being aware like Snowden tried to do. It doesn't go by mindlessly boycotting anything Google or apple and going only blackberry, just because one feels it's more secure.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:01 PM
    I boycott Google in some ways. For example, I try and avoid using its search engine. But I'm not willing to take it as far as you, seemingly. Do you have a computer? You're giving data to Microsoft or apple as the case may be. Do you have a blackberry ? You're giving your data to BlackBerry. Do you use Google ? You're giving them some of your information. Do you have an email address? You're giving the company which hosts that address. That company will give the information away if it's required of them. There was one case where a company didn't (Lavabit) and the government had the company shut down. Don't think that BlackBerry won't share your data with the government if they require it. There are two kinds of privacy that people often get mixed up: on the one hand the privacy concerns that appear when you allow huge corporations to collect your data, and on the other hand the kind that appears when some person "on your level" tries to get your data from you. That, and that only is the one BlackBerry maybe will protect you from, via encryption, hardware/software integration etc. Not the first. And your BlackBerry device has an android runtime, doesn't it? Or do you not download android apps? Long story short, if you are not willing as you say to allow some of your data to be used by corporations and the government then you wouldn't have a computer, a phone (including blackberries), no social media, virtually nothing online or technological. And I'll go even further, if you connect to the Internet then your privacy and data is at risk , so using Internet is out of bounds too if you wish to go with this way of thinking. It's like life: If you wish to avoid all risks then you would end up living in a bomb proof safe with survival food. So forget it, keep yourself secure as is convenient (VPNs, duckduckgo/ixquick) but don't be obsessed with it. I've mostly accepted the conveniences of having great technology in exchange for a bit of my information. And I do think things should change a bit, but this starts by people being aware like Snowden tried to do. It doesn't go by mindlessly boycotting anything Google or apple and going only blackberry, just because one feels it's more secure.

Posted via CB10
    All the companies you talk about other than Google make very little off the data that they collect (to which there is an option not to send them data). Google makes the vast majority of their money via ads. They depend on the data that they collect from you and you don't have an op out if you use google services.
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    11-12-15 05:18 PM
    All the companies you talk about other than Google make very little off the data that they collect (to which there is an option not to send them data). Google makes the vast majority of their money via ads. They depend on the data that they collect from you and you don't have an op out if you use google services.
    "Option not to send". Go ahead and try. You can't use the service if you don't agree to the terms and conditions.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I run my own email server. I was one of the first to use Gmail when it started and you had to be invited. I run a number of Google apps installations for non-profits started when you could get them for free. In those days I thought the trade of seeing targeted adds for free services was a good one. Then they started acquiring marketing firms and tying google identities together. Google is no longer a good deal.

You are correct, all companies trade information for services on some level. Google is orders of magnitude more intrusive than the others. It is not black and white as you seem to believe I make it. Fee for services. My personal privacy is currency. I'm willing to give some to get some, but the deal has to be right. Some deals with Google are still good. Android isn't a good deal, in my opinion.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-12-15 07:05 PM
190 ... 678