Quick question: Are you a developer?

Here is a simple one for the limitations of the current native programming system and how much is still missing. How do you make a simple circle on a screen. It has to be simple to draw a circle doesn't it. It's just a circle. A very basic element for a screen.

Guess what, there is no support for circles in native programming. Come on. A circle isn't supported.
    Quick answer: No, just manage a few.

My point being, in all the threads on CB on why BB10 hasn't taken off or what it's missing, I don't recall lack of circle drawing as a reason near the top.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 04:07 PM
    OK. What new features are coming to the OS and what new devices are going to be released. If there is no answer to those two questions, then BB10 will still function and be around, but we are no longer "moving forward".
    Hey genius, you do know how to read right? The OP named this thread "Confirmed End of Blackberry 10". You just said that "If there is no answer to those two questions, then BB10 will still function and be around, but we are no longer "moving forward".

The OP never called his thread BB10 no longer "moving forward", he said "confirmed end". So instead of your smartassery, learn to read and come correct before deciding to run off.

What new features are coming? Isn't BB 10.3.3 coming in March 2016? Do you know what's in it? Do I? No. But something with a confirmed end like the OP posted would not have an update coming in 2016.
    10-10-15 04:22 PM
    The thread is geared around this element of the interview, link in the first post:

"Chen also said that he plans to merge his company�s BB10 OS with Android in the near future. The idea is*to bring all the advanced security features of BlackBerry�s BB10 OS over to Android on BlackBerry devices, so that his company would only have to manage one mobile OS."

Bailing on the handset business in 12 months if hardware sales are not massively improved (read interview - end of all BlackBerry handsets, OS regardless), and moving to Android only development in the near future. 10.3 may be confirmed, but really, with all of the other evidence from so many other corners of the Internet and media, it's almost as if some Crackberry users are claiming the earth to be flat and the Great Ju Ju in the sky is an up-to-date and cutting edge deity that should always be worshipped, no other gods but that one.

If I can get Hub on Blackphone 2, this is done. I love my passport, but BlackBerry right now is a shambles in the hardware business. I am very impressed with their EMM and acquisitions and look forward to seeing where that goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 04:51 PM
    Quick question: Are you a developer?

Here is a simple one for the limitations of the current native programming system and how much is still missing. How do you make a simple circle on a screen. It has to be simple to draw a circle doesn't it. It's just a circle. A very basic element for a screen.

Guess what, there is no support for circles in native programming. Come on. A circle isn't supported.
    Hmm. I don't have any problems drawing circles, or polygons for that matter, when I need to. There are often more efficient ways than just drawing all the time, but if you really want to draw a circle it can be done.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    int19 and BCITMike like this.
    10-10-15 06:43 PM
    The thread is geared around this element of the interview, link in the first post:

"Chen also said that he plans to merge his company�s BB10 OS with Android in the near future. The idea is*to bring all the advanced security features of BlackBerry�s BB10 OS over to Android on BlackBerry devices, so that his company would only have to manage one mobile OS."

Bailing on the handset business in 12 months if hardware sales are not massively improved (read interview - end of all BlackBerry handsets, OS regardless), and moving to Android only development in the near future. 10.3 may be confirmed, but really, with all of the other evidence from so many other corners of the Internet and media, it's almost as if some Crackberry users are claiming the earth to be flat and the Great Ju Ju in the sky is an up-to-date and cutting edge deity that should always be worshipped, no other gods but that one.

If I can get Hub on Blackphone 2, this is done. I love my passport, but BlackBerry right now is a shambles in the hardware business. I am very impressed with their EMM and acquisitions and look forward to seeing where that goes.

Posted via CB10
    Bailing on the handset business in 12 months IF...

IF is not a CONFIRMED. Confirmed becomes confirmed when the death certificate is signed, not a second before. As a service technician, I deal in absolutes, not hearsay. IF being treated the same as CONFIRMED would be like me treating a 200WV, 450 mf high voltage cap the same as a 50V, 6.8 mf cap. There is no treating the same at all.

Like I have said before, BB10 will one day disappear. Anyone who denies that is lost in the sauce. But nobody has called the time of death yet, so they people should relax with the useless hearsay and let it die when the creator (Blackberry) stamps the TOD, not before.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-10-15 07:51 PM
    Not only BlackBerry 10, but the end of BlackBerry is near

Actually i hate this video what he said
    10-10-15 08:16 PM
    It's always possible the BB PRIV won't sell enough to satisfy the company. But then again.... there is a demand for secure/privacy android devices especially in the workplace environments. Otherwise, why would Silent OS, Archon, LG V10, Turing all be in on this secure mobile android device selling business if there is no demand?
    10-10-15 11:21 PM
    Depends on what you mean by "option". Do I think there is long term plans for BB10? No. Do I believe in accurately reporting what is said? Yes. In other words, I don't believe there is a final decision made until the Priv is released and they know what kind of reception it gets. So "confirming" something before the critical decision point seems silly and stupid. You make the best decisions when you can delay them as long as you can and have the most data to make the best decision from.
    This.

Mike, you are way too rational for Crackberry :-).

Q10/10.3.2
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-10-15 11:34 PM
    The death of BB10 is confirmed for those who will be switching to Android or other platforms. For those sticking around, BB10 will continue to live on.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:35 AM
    The death of BB10 is confirmed for those who will be switching to Android or other platforms. For those sticking around, BB10 will continue to live on.

Posted via CB10
    This works for all brands, I'd suppose.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    10-11-15 12:41 AM
    Quick answer: No, just manage a few.

My point being, in all the threads on CB on why BB10 hasn't taken off or what it's missing, I don't recall lack of circle drawing as a reason near the top.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you missed my point so I will try again. BlackBerry has a habit of not finishing what they start. To have an OS SDK that you can't draw a circle is silly. BlackBerry couldn't get developers to the platform as they saw them abandon the PlayBook and then take so long to release an incomplete OS that they had to jump through hoops to get to draw a circle. Developers stayed on the sideline as they didn't see BlackBerry going for the long game to stick it out. And they were right. PlayBook was 18 months, BB10 was 18 months before they stopped development. BlackBerry Android will probably be gone in ~18 months. They don't have long term vision.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    10-11-15 09:52 AM
    Hmm. I don't have any problems drawing circles, or polygons for that matter, when I need to. There are often more efficient ways than just drawing all the time, but if you really want to draw a circle it can be done.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    OK. Proof time. How about some cascades code to draw a circle on the center of the screen.

As a programmer, I know that anything can be done, but to jump through hoop to do simple things just isn't a way to win over programmers to a new platform.
    10-11-15 09:54 AM
    Hey genius, you do know how to read right? The OP named this thread "Confirmed End of Blackberry 10". You just said that "If there is no answer to those two questions, then BB10 will still function and be around, but we are no longer "moving forward".

The OP never called his thread BB10 no longer "moving forward", he said "confirmed end". So instead of your smartassery, learn to read and come correct before deciding to run off.

What new features are coming? Isn't BB 10.3.3 coming in March 2016? Do you know what's in it? Do I? No. But something with a confirmed end like the OP posted would not have an update coming in 2016.
    I can read the writing on the wall and you can dream and post all you like, but BlackBerry 10 is done in terms of future development and hardware. I guess you still believe that Windows XP and BBOS 7 are still live products. LOL

Chen and BlackBerry have said that 10.3.3 (which in case you didn't know in terms of release numbers are minor fixes.) are fixes and security updates. There are no new features.
    Gees97 likes this.
    10-11-15 10:08 AM
    I can read the writing on the wall and you can dream and post all you like, but BlackBerry 10 is done in terms of future development and hardware.
    "Writing on the wall" does not equal "Confirmed". That's his point, and this whole thread is stupid. You come off as so desperate to convince people that BB10 is dead. Why do you care so much if someone doesn't believe that it is 100% done, or "confirmed"? Post after post after post that BB has dropped BB10. Let it go and move on with your life. The truth is coming to everyone over time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-11-15 at 10:29 AM.
    10-11-15 10:19 AM
    OK. Proof time. How about some cascades code to draw a circle on the center of the screen.

As a programmer, I know that anything can be done, but to jump through hoop to do simple things just isn't a way to win over programmers to a new platform.
    How about a very popular Cascades application. What many people call the "radar screen" but is really the azimuth, elevation display. The gradations are drawn. Sorry not centred in the screen in all cases, but that is an advantage of Cascades over simplistic procedural solutions like drawing something every time you need to change it. Drawing a circle is not very complex, difficult or time consuming. But, drawing thee and the azimuth lines, and redrawing them when the orientation of the device (when equipped with magnetic field detector) or direction of travel changes would be. The real test of a development environment, and a developer for that matter is not how trivial cases are handled, but how complex real world problems are handled.

The code is not very complex. Certainly not what I would call jumping through hoops. If you are a good programmer I'm sure you can figure it out. With the code I developed there I can overlay water course data on SRTM data, weather radar on geophysical maps, or road maps, the possibilities are endless. If I can draw a circle, well I can draw a circle. Useful as an introduction, but not much more.

Have a look, it's free.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128442

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    BCITMike and CmdrStraker like this.
    10-11-15 11:40 AM
    Confirmed...we'll all die someday....

Just as meaningless.

BB10 is being supported for the foreseeable future, even if it's not the future of Blackberry. Moderators please stop these idiotic thread titles.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:24 PM
    For all that want to run the forum and close all the threads why don't you report the threads and let it go. If the team deletes them then you can dance, if they don't then shut up.

I do agree the title needs an (opinion added)
    10-11-15 01:40 PM
    It's not the end of BlackBerry! It's just the Beginning..

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:42 PM
    How do I start a new trend? I need some help deleting Amazon Underground app off my phone, it gone on my phone by itself and it won't let me delete it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:43 PM
    I guess you missed my point so I will try again. BlackBerry has a habit of not finishing what they start. To have an OS SDK that you can't draw a circle is silly. BlackBerry couldn't get developers to the platform as they saw them abandon the PlayBook and then take so long to release an incomplete OS that they had to jump through hoops to get to draw a circle. Developers stayed on the sideline as they didn't see BlackBerry going for the long game to stick it out. And they were right. PlayBook was 18 months, BB10 was 18 months before they stopped development. BlackBerry Android will probably be gone in ~18 months. They don't have long term vision.
    You clearly missed my point, except if I restate it, it will look like an insult.
    Developers didn't leave BB10 due to lack of circle drawing, it was the lack of market share.

I would argue they do have long term vision (BB10 was supposed to be a 10 year OS right? IOT push? QNX in car? BES for all platforms, etc), just hasn't worked out to be true and have to drop/change/adapt. You are not thinking objectively.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 02:35 PM
    For goodness sake, the level of denial here is just ridiculous. THERE IS NO MORE BlackBerry 10. NO BlackBerry devices with BB10 are coming. A security update is coming in March, and BlackBerry is pulling out of the handset market unless they get to 5 million units per year. If they do, it will develop on Android, not BlackBerry 10 - Chen can't say it any plainer that BlackBerry 10 is now for certain market segments with fleets of BB10 they'll need to support, but even though from the CEO himself, the bleating that it, BlackBerry 10, can't be over on CrackBerry is nothing more than pitiful. I actually don't care how insulting that comes across, some of you guys need a genuine visceral slap of reality. In 12 months there may be no handsets whatsoever, and only a CEO that has to be 100% upfront with shareholders because a business segment of the company is in trouble would make that admission.

Software as a service is BlackBerry's future - BlackBerry 10 has died.

Posted via CB10
    wojt7, m1kr0 and eyesopen1111 like this.
    10-11-15 03:21 PM
    For goodness sake, the level of denial here is just ridiculous. THERE IS NO MORE BlackBerry 10. NO BlackBerry devices with BB10 are coming. A security update is coming in March, and BlackBerry is pulling out of the handset market unless they get to 5 million units per year. If they do, it will develop on Android, not BlackBerry 10 - Chen can't say it any plainer that BlackBerry 10 is now for certain market segments with fleets of BB10 they'll need to support, but even though from the CEO himself, the bleating that it, BlackBerry 10, can't be over on CrackBerry is nothing more than pitiful. I actually don't care how insulting that comes across, some of you guys need a genuine visceral slap of reality. In 12 months there may be no handsets whatsoever, and only a CEO that has to be 100% upfront with shareholders because a business segment of the company is in trouble would make that admission.

Software as a service is BlackBerry's future - BlackBerry 10 has died.

Posted via CB10
    Nice try, but they don't listen. How many times have they been told and refuse to acknowledge?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 03:59 PM
    How about a very popular Cascades application. What many people call the "radar screen" but is really the azimuth, elevation display. The gradations are drawn. Sorry not centred in the screen in all cases, but that is an advantage of Cascades over simplistic procedural solutions like drawing something every time you need to change it. Drawing a circle is not very complex, difficult or time consuming. But, drawing thee and the azimuth lines, and redrawing them when the orientation of the device (when equipped with magnetic field detector) or direction of travel changes would be. The real test of a development environment, and a developer for that matter is not how trivial cases are handled, but how complex real world problems are handled.

The code is not very complex. Certainly not what I would call jumping through hoops. If you are a good programmer I'm sure you can figure it out. With the code I developed there I can overlay water course data on SRTM data, weather radar on geophysical maps, or road maps, the possibilities are endless. If I can draw a circle, well I can draw a circle. Useful as an introduction, but not much more.

Have a look, it's free.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128442

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    OK. If the code isn't complex, then post the code on how to draw a circle.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-11-15 04:26 PM
    Nice try, but they don't listen. How many times have they been told and refuse to acknowledge?

Posted via CB10
    And who cares? Why the need to convince them?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:28 PM
    For goodness sake, the level of denial here is just ridiculous. THERE IS NO MORE BlackBerry 10.
    There, that ought to do it. Glad you put that to rest once and for all.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:30 PM
190 12345 ...