Chen has already said that new BB10 phones are a no go as he says it is too costly for drivers. So how are industries going to get new BB10 phones? So just like BBOS phones. What you see or have in hand is what you get so BB10 phones are not an option.

As an enterprise IT manager and software developer, my requirements are for good reporting services on mobile devices. The lack of Qt5, full support of SVG, poor performance of JavaScript on BB10 platform make reporting services a no go. They half cooked the device in terms of graphics and reporting. Do you think that enterprise/government don't need reports in their custom apps?
    What he said applied specifically to the Priv. Don't you think if he'd said otherwise even more people would hold off on the Priv. BlackBerrys only officially announced phone and a consumer phone at that. Go figure who the different os'es appeal to.
    10-09-15 06:57 AM
    Did BlackBerry every confirm the end of support for the PlayBook OS?

I don't think Chen has confirmed anything yet... really don't expect him too until the PRIV has had it's shot in the hardware market. Maybe in March he'll go official with something. Then again maybe he just stops selling BB10 phones and leaves it for everyone to figure out on their own.
    10-09-15 11:38 AM
    All good things must come to an end.

Time to move on to Android Central.
    10-09-15 12:43 PM
    Sorry, you can't claim to have a secure phone when the first thing users have to do is sign in with a F$*k%Ng Google account...
    How is it different than signing into BBID?

Secure doesn't mean what you think it means.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 02:19 PM
    Chen has already said that new BB10 phones are a no go as he says it is too costly for drivers. So how are industries going to get new BB10 phones? So just like BBOS phones. What you see or have in hand is what you get so BB10 phones are not an option.

As an enterprise IT manager and software developer, my requirements are for good reporting services on mobile devices. The lack of Qt5, full support of SVG, poor performance of JavaScript on BB10 platform make reporting services a no go. They half cooked the device in terms of graphics and reporting. Do you think that enterprise/government don't need reports in their custom apps?
    Writing drivers for a non-slider would be cheaper, it would also be a ways in the future.

I'd have to dig up the previous response Richard Buckley gave in regards to lack of charts and QT5. My recollection was that it wasn't really a limitation to a developer who gets stuff done and would implement in one of several ways. I certainly don't recall hearing complaints of lack of dev functionality anymore on CB (compared to first year with 7-8 major api's added per release) besides you . Not sure what reporting you need done, I'd expect all the data to be sent offline and processed and graphed on a PC and stored in a database so its actually useful data tracked. The device reporting I'm familiar with would need workstation specs to crunch. Anything low processing that can be done on the device, I can't see what elaborate view you need to see the data that couldn't be done other ways.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 02:29 PM

I don't think Chen has confirmed anything yet... really don't expect him too until the PRIV has had it's shot in the hardware market. Maybe in March he'll go official with something. Then again maybe he just stops selling BB10 phones and leaves it for everyone to figure out on their own.
    Yes, and its posted on their website. Search BlackBerry support life cycle.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 02:30 PM
    This^^
    OP, go deactivate you CB account. You're no longer welcomed.

-- CA Governor on Passport SE
    Jakob Greve and Carjackd like this.
    10-09-15 02:33 PM
    Hah! No, I think I'll hang in, quietly enjoying my BlackBerry Passport, but lamenting the inevitable demise of the experience I enjoy in a mobile device. But thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, Carjackd and Allanon89 like this.
    10-09-15 02:41 PM
    Chen is not going to 'CONFIRM' the end of BB10 even if that is exactly what he is planning to do. By actually coming out and confirming it, how would BlackBerry sell all the remaining inventory of BB10 devices they still have? No one is going to buy a device that has confirmed dead OS support. Chen may not be the most intelligent CEO BlackBerry has ever had, but he's not stupid either.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    10-09-15 03:09 PM
    BB10 is not going to die. It will remain. Even if there's no new device abound (which I doubt).

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-09-15 07:15 PM
    I don't think there is anything new here or nothing we didn't expect. Chen has been pretty consistent and somewhat transparent about the shift. Months ago he was asked if he would ever consider android on a Blackberry device .his response was " if we can secure it" . That is obviously the plan
    Last edited by Carjackd; 10-09-15 at 10:44 PM.
    10-09-15 08:52 PM
    Hah! No, I think I'll hang in, quietly enjoying my BlackBerry Passport, but lamenting the inevitable demise of the experience I enjoy in a mobile device. But thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Here here!
    10-09-15 08:55 PM

Yes BlackBerry said end of support of PlayBook OS last March iirc

Edit : found it http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-p...lly-ends-april
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-09-15 09:43 PM
    Of course there will be a confirmed end to BB10, only thing is the end is not coming anytime soon.

Hey OP, your thread title is just as accurate as the eBible Fellowship who said that the end of the world would be on October 7th. I guess you both got it wrong.

Stop your false prophesying and let time and events unfold as they may.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-09-15 10:23 PM
    BlackBerry as we know it is dying. I understand why. But I still believe that if BlackBerry puts out credible phones with best security and keeps up on android runtime it could still survive the handset and bb10 business. But it must charge a full premium to enterprise customers. Find ways to replace Google Services or ways to accommodate Google. Surely it can be done.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:44 AM
    Yes BlackBerry said end of support of PlayBook OS last March iirc
    At that time it was already pretty much dead and only received minor bug fixing updates since Thor canceled BB10 for Playbook.
    10-10-15 05:49 AM
    Writing drivers for a non-slider would be cheaper, it would also be a ways in the future.

I'd have to dig up the previous response Richard Buckley gave in regards to lack of charts and QT5. My recollection was that it wasn't really a limitation to a developer who gets stuff done and would implement in one of several ways. I certainly don't recall hearing complaints of lack of dev functionality anymore on CB (compared to first year with 7-8 major api's added per release) besides you . Not sure what reporting you need done, I'd expect all the data to be sent offline and processed and graphed on a PC and stored in a database so its actually useful data tracked. The device reporting I'm familiar with would need workstation specs to crunch. Anything low processing that can be done on the device, I can't see what elaborate view you need to see the data that couldn't be done other ways.

Posted via CB10
    Quick question: Are you a developer?

Here is a simple one for the limitations of the current native programming system and how much is still missing. How do you make a simple circle on a screen. It has to be simple to draw a circle doesn't it. It's just a circle. A very basic element for a screen.

Guess what, there is no support for circles in native programming. Come on. A circle isn't supported.
    10-10-15 06:54 AM
    Of course there will be a confirmed end to BB10, only thing is the end is not coming anytime soon.

Hey OP, your thread title is just as accurate as the eBible Fellowship who said that the end of the world would be on October 7th. I guess you both got it wrong.

Stop your false prophesying and let time and events unfold as they may.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    OK. What new features are coming to the OS and what new devices are going to be released. If there is no answer to those two questions, then BB10 will still function and be around, but we are no longer "moving forward".
    10-10-15 06:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure by "merge", he means that he would like to bring the BB10 features to Android. Then there will be no need for BB10 except for those enterprise and government customers that just want phones that do the very basic stuff.
    That's my take as well. What's funny is that after all the commotion about what he said, he came back to "clarify" his words. However, I saw no clarification, but rather just a repeat of the same things he said the first time.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:18 AM
    Quick question: Are you a developer?

Here is a simple one for the limitations of the current native programming system and how much is still missing. How do you make a simple circle on a screen. It has to be simple to draw a circle doesn't it. It's just a circle. A very basic element for a screen.

Guess what, there is no support for circles in native programming. Come on. A circle isn't supported.
    It's called a squircle!! Lol

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    10-10-15 07:36 AM
    The only thing I ever cared about BlackBerry is BB10.
    10-10-15 07:48 AM
    Let's hope they pull through the next couple of months!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:36 AM
    Either way the Priv, should be released now! All this growing pent up demand with small tidbit released features and more close up pictures of models in various stages - rent on hoe page of CB. Has older camera tag - this is all going to lead to missed sales.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 09:53 AM
    It's not a fake thread - it's a link to an actual interview with Chen, did you all read that part?

Just because something on these forums does not suit everyone's confirmation bias, that does not make it fake, nor a reason to remove it. Furthermore, removing the threa doesn't remove the source of the interview with Chen, the content of what Chen said and nor that he said it.

Go to the website citing these things and tell them they're lying in the interview.

Calling me and this thread 'fake' and crying for a moderator to mke the forum conform only to your worldview rather than go elsewhere to the source site concerned to tackle it is just lazy.

Posted via CB10
    Haha omggg. Burn em lol

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    beowulf101 likes this.
    10-10-15 11:22 AM
    Either way the Priv, should be released now! All this growing pent up demand with small tidbit released features and more close up pictures of models in various stages - rent on hoe page of CB. Has older camera tag - this is all going to lead to missed sales.

Posted via CB10
    That is the ultimate problem with leaks. There has been very little official from BlackBerry except for a short time ago. And it may be that this is because their hand was forced. You say it should be released now, but if it isn't ready and fails to sell well because of rat legions of pundits will claim they released it half baked. If demand peaks early, before release, I'd say that's all on the leaks.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-10-15 12:07 PM
190 1234 ...