06-30-16 11:47 AM
90 1234
tools
    In upcoming releases, i will (heavily) work on the feel of this app. There's a reality: This app could contain more features. But to do that, i'm evaluating using a facebook developer account. but i want to keep privacy as a max important factor.

If you like the app, leave a review on BB world. People really don't understand that without the API no developer can do miracles, and i answer every email to give support. In spite of that, comments (that looks just the same as playstore comments) rates your app like "garbage" because "it doesn't do EVERYTHING THAT I WANT" OK... that is not mature. at all.

I will keep going with this project. But some things, like "sharing from everywhere" are not possible...
    04-28-16 11:22 PM
    Forget about the trolls!! Keep on working hard!!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:33 AM
    Troll doesn't buy the app. I DID! And such, I have the right to have expectations. Like just now, when I wished I could share a Whatsapp post to the Facebook via Faceplus, well guess what? I couldn't! It went straight to a blank white wall and stuck there. I had to copy the post and pasted it manually to Facebook via the browser.

And that did it. I kick this app OFF my system for good.

And I'm kind enough not to write this on the review page of the app!

Tha-tha!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 02:38 AM
    Troll doesn't buy the app. I DID! And such, I have the right to have expectations. Like just now, when I wished I could share a Whatsapp post to the Facebook via Faceplus, well guess what? I couldn't! It went straight to a blank white wall and stuck there. I had to copy the post and pasted it manually to Facebook via the browser.

And that did it. I kick this app OFF my system for good.

And I'm kind enough not to write this on the review page of the app!

Tha-that

Posted via CB10
    As i mentioned (about 20 times) facebook only allows url sharing. Is whatsapp sending a url? No. It doesnt.

Yet again some apps will share. Others wont. You cant share certain elements to facebook since the api and developer rules are getting HARD and either you like it ir not, there's an android and ios api for facebook m. But blackberry api was removed so i'm working from scratch.

If you expect " the native complete solution" guess what.. It will not work as a client developed using the api and it will use your login information without even asking permission to access your account.

Want "the real deal"? Then i guess you know what the options are.
    04-29-16 09:48 AM
    I uploaded version 4 with visual upgrades and bug fixes. It should be available in the next 24/48 hours.

@bhoqeem i'm kind enough to keep developing for a death system walking.

That that.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-29-16 09:52 AM
    As i mentioned (about 20 times) facebook only allows url sharing. Is whatsapp sending a url? No. It doesnt.

Yet again some apps will share. Others wont. You cant share certain elements to facebook since the api and developer rules are getting HARD and either you like it ir not, there's an android and ios api for facebook m. But blackberry api was removed so i'm working from scratch.

If you expect " the native complete solution" guess what.. It will not work as a client developed using the api and it will use your login information without even asking permission to access your account.

Want "the real deal"? Then i guess you know what the options are.
    Whatever. It's gone.
    Moving on.
    04-29-16 09:52 AM
    Whatever. It's gone.
    Moving on.
    Is a matter of choice. Personally, i will not obey programed obsolence because facebook wants, and i will not throw something to the garbage because it doesnt haves facebook.

I dont even have facebook on my nexus or mi iphone so i dont fall in madness for one app.

You are right. Moving on. I already have an app fir my Q10 and i'm tired of changing a phone every 1 year for "development purposes" work is work, life is life. And a single website ruined a company.

Thats a precedent...
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-29-16 10:34 AM
    In upcoming releases, i will (heavily) work on the feel of this app. There's a reality: This app could contain more features. But to do that, i'm evaluating using a facebook developer account. but i want to keep privacy as a max important factor.

If you like the app, leave a review on BB world. People really don't understand that without the API no developer can do miracles, and i answer every email to give support. In spite of that, comments (that looks just the same as playstore comments) rates your app like "garbage" because "it doesn't do EVERYTHING THAT I WANT" OK... that is not mature. at all.

I will keep going with this project. But some things, like "sharing from everywhere" are not possible...
    Tip: the closest I seen thus far is called F Mini and is free in BBW but the buttons very outdated looking but that look and feel works so well!...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 10:40 AM
    Tip: the closest I seen thus far is called F Mini and is free in BBW but the buttons very outdated looking but that look and feel works so well!...

Posted via CB10
    F Mini seems to no longer be in BBW, hmm.

This is what it looks like though, kinda simple but fluid...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160429_114332.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160429_114310.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160429_114259.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160429_114350.png

A snappy version between this and the original would be killer! With updated icons then F mini has of course! Hah. It has all them Purdy BlackBerry 10 swipe gestures though so I use it along with original as imo Face10 is Overdone hence slow. Wonder why It seems to have been pulled.

PS: chromium seems like a good pick!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 10:45 AM
    Is a matter of choice. Personally, i will not obey programed obsolence because facebook wants, and i will not throw something to the garbage because it doesnt haves facebook.

I dont even have facebook on my nexus or mi iphone so i dont fall in madness for one app.

You are right. Moving on. I already have an app fir my Q10 and i'm tired of changing a phone every 1 year for "development purposes" work is work, life is life. And a single website ruined a company.

Thats a precedent...
    Libertarian also?

I will support you just from what you just said! I will spread the word!

Hope this turns out spectacular!...

-Catch

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 11:16 AM
    Why don't you start a new email account, like a free one from Gmail, like MyFacebook@Gmail.com, attach it to your Facebook account, and add it to your phone. Then you will only get Facebook notifications and not the other junk.

Posted via CB10
    It's an idea, but so important it's not for me.
    There is not one real info about me on Facebook and I'm using it just for checking out some newsfeed from japanese music groups.
    I can use Face 10 instead of the newer method.

Okay face 10 need much improvement, but it's working for notification and commenting.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    05-01-16 04:35 PM
    V4 released and available. A few nasty bugs solved and increased font size among other things.
    Until now, I worked without the facebook Web api. I may consider to use it now.
    I was planning to release V5 coded on QT creator since I'm familiar with it but dropped support for OS10.
    So far, an update per week...
    From now on that will change since I need to focus on pending work on visual studio.

If you purchased the app. Contact me for any issues and leave some feedback.

Good night. I'll get some sleep 6 AM around here and I have a beautiful burning red eyes

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-02-16 04:05 AM
    I don't see the app in bbw

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 07:44 PM
    Is on BlackBerry world. In matter of fact I already sent another update to fix the sharer and improve the overall look and feel.

The share screen is now the default facebook mobile share. The only bug: after sharing you have to close the window. (facebook stuff..)
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160504_023950.png

The font size and layout also changed a bit

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160503_204700.png

This is still Under revision and should be on BlackBerry world in about 24/48 hs.

Also add bug fixes and a important speed improvement.

Cheers. Leave some feedback or contact me. At this point, I'm developing for 4 systems so I basically feed with caffeine O_O so I'm awake working at very weird hours...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 03:59 AM
    Thanks for all the hard work. BlackBerry 10 is an awesome OS and your support of our platform is gratefully received.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    elfabio80 and Tsukirockstar like this.
    05-04-16 02:57 PM
    Thanks for all the hard work. BlackBerry 10 is an awesome OS and your support of our platform is gratefully received.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Thanks to you! i will continue supporting BlackBerry 10 i want to polish this app at it's most (i'm struggling with facebook web API to bring you as many features as it's possible) and i will continue porting my android apps to BlackBerry world, but i'm adapting and optimizing them to work, feel and look natural.

Again, Thanks. Enjoy the update! i guess that the version that i posted last will be available soon.

If anyone has a trouble with the app, or any sugestions/comments, contact me via mail. I always answer.
    elfabio80 and guygardner73 like this.
    05-04-16 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the update and the improvements man.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 07:44 PM
    Is on BlackBerry world. In matter of fact I already sent another update to fix the sharer and improve the overall look and feel.

The share screen is now the default facebook mobile share. The only bug: after sharing you have to close the window. (facebook stuff..)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160504_023950.png 
Views:	614 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	398943

The font size and layout also changed a bit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160503_204700.png 
Views:	616 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	398944

This is still Under revision and should be on BlackBerry world in about 24/48 hs.

Also add bug fixes and a important speed improvement.

Cheers. Leave some feedback or contact me. At this point, I'm developing for 4 systems so I basically feed with caffeine O_O so I'm awake working at very weird hours...

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't there when I first looked but it magically appeared later

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 07:56 PM
    It wasn't there when I first looked but it magically appeared later

Posted via CB10
    well... among other weird things, BlackBerry world doesn't works on weekends. usually, I send my updates a day before and until monday (or more) the update doesn't appears. But the was there the whole time. unless they have some issue with their servers. i really don't know.
    05-04-16 08:53 PM
    Will check it out for sure!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:32 PM
    How does this compare to Face10? I was impressed with Face10 at first, paid for it and became disappointed over time. Seems the app is just a browser and not a real FB client. Groups would have HTML code in it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 01:15 PM
    Are there any plans to make notifications work naively with BlackBerry Hub? Or is email the only option now and in the roadmap?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 01:19 PM
    How does this compare to Face10? I was impressed with Face10 at first, paid for it and became disappointed over time. Seems the app is just a browser and not a real FB client. Groups would have HTML code in it.

Posted via CB10
    Faceplus will not use your personal data.

face10 does, and is not asking you to do so as any other app will do. even a website login will ask for permission. face10 won't.

Faceplus implements practically the same experience that the modern ofiicial clients for IOS or android uses. No, it's not native.

I don't know about face10 in this matter, but my app will allow you to share from any app that send urls (youtube client, twitter official client, the browser, evernote, and i guess that are more..) if you are sharing webcontent or webhostede content you can share it with faceplus.

The emails, will open (is you select "open in" when you click on the email notification link, on faceplus and they will take you to the notification exact place.

Faceplus is not native, but it was made thinking on OS10 ratter than android. hence, the font size, layout and the ability to implement the whole site wihtout leaving your session open on the browser are there.

I don't use any "trick" or black magic with your personal login information, you are using facebook all the time, the app acts as a viewer that lets you do all the things that the site allows + share functions (always limited to urls due to facebook security policies)

Face10 use your login information, but id still (for me too) a mistery why i can't see the app registered on my facebook account like an app using my data. The lack of trust, and the feel of giving my data in a suspicious way, where my first push to code this app.

Is nor correct ot polite at all that i compare my app with othe developer app. so i'm just telling you facts.

is not native.
    it has system integration, since it was think to be used with BB10 but limited by facebook itself since there's no API for blackberry.
    it opens share buttons, and email notifications straight on the app and takes you to the exact place.
    it not uses your data.
    is less than 2mb size. The latest android official facebook releases are around 40mb, and can reach 200mb with acumulative cache in less than a week.
    05-06-16 06:57 AM
    Are there any plans to make notifications work naively with BlackBerry Hub? Or is email the only option now and in the roadmap?

Posted via CB10
    To make notifications work, i need the facebook API. and there's none for blackberry. so the only possible way right now, would be using your notifications feed, and i will not do it because i respect the user privacy. Instead, i'm looking for a workaround for that. It can be implemented on later versions, but at the moment, BlackBerry world still haves the version 5 under revision... so i guess that you will see version code 5 in matter of days.
    05-06-16 07:00 AM
    I'm still waiting for BlackBerry approval of version 5. I don't know why but it has been a week since i sent it. But is still "under review" no app market that i worked with until now, had a simple update so long waiting.
    Generally, the initial release take his time, but updates are uploaded pretty fast (no more than 3 days)

It has been a week. I already wrote to them expecting that the last update can see the light ASAP but i have no answer and they are still holding the update.

As soon as the release the last version i'll let you know.

In the meantime, i'm getting hands on BB sdk to start the idea of porting natively my existent apps.

But i really need to see some response from BB to get hands on and do more or i end up with 2 updates at the same time.

Thanks to all of you for the support and help pointing me bugs via email. I'm working on them
    05-08-16 01:00 PM
90 1234