Can you attach photos and videos in chat mode (fb Messenger) with your app?

Posted via CB10
    The messages are managed as the web version. In few words: you dont need an external client, you will be notified via email if someone talks to you and it works fluidly. I didn't upload a video due to privacy.
    Today i did the last performance tests. The official facebook client on an actual android phone quad core 1.5 ghz tegra 3 1gbRAM lags badly.
    This client runs on a dual core q10 with best performance.

You will not be disappointed.
    04-25-16 02:35 AM
    Is there only the paid version currently? I was hoping to try it out on a trial. I am using Face 10 right now, and not totally happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 02:41 AM
    It sounds great, but there is just the email notification for new stuff?
    The thing is, I'm using a trash email for facebook and other stuff that isn't so important and I don't want all the spam on my phone.

To bad, but I'm happy to see, that you're working on it.
    Rock on.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    anon(9890022) likes this.
    04-25-16 02:49 AM
    Is there only the paid version currently? I was hoping to try it out on a trial. I am using Face 10 right now, and not totally happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    At the beginning i uploaded both paid and free app. But in spite of the fact that i clarified the limitations of the free app (it was free, no charge, no trial) i got comments like "this is crap" and the guy didn't even read the description...
    The free version has many limitations. It doesnt plays HTML5 videos within the app, it doesnt allows image uploads, it dont open links on youtube clients or the browser, it doesnt redirect from email notifications to the app, and it doesnt have any system integration.

Since i can't add an expiration time to the full version to allow the full experience i decided to leave it at $1,99.

Regretfully, this happens also on google playstore.

Sorry but i took the decision that i think that could bring more benefits for me and the users.

Hope you understand.
    04-25-16 02:55 AM
    The thing is, I'm using a trash email for facebook and other stuff that isn't so important and I don't want all the spam on my phone.

Rock on.

Thanks! Haha yeah. Most of the people do that to avoid messages. I just turned them off. Regretfully, without the API there are 2 ways to manage notifications:
    1- Using the email adress and burning your frontal lobule to find how to manage the redirection

2- Asking for people email and password and using their "tokens" to pull the notifications out of their feeds.

Honestly, i don't use methods that involve using the user personal data. You are always using facebook and only facebook manages your data that's why i decided to keep it that way.
    04-25-16 03:02 AM
    The messages are managed as the web version. In few words: you dont need an external client, you will be notified via email if someone talks to you and it works fluidly. I didn't upload a video due to privacy.
    Today i did the last performance tests. The official facebook client on an actual android phone quad core 1.5 ghz tegra 3 1gbRAM lags badly.
    This client runs on a dual core q10 with best performance.

You will not be disappointed.
    So the short answer is - you can attach photos, but not videos. This is correct, right? Right now, the only way I am able to attach videos is by running a very old Android version of fb Messenger that is still compatible with BB10 Android runtime. I guess that is still my only option.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 07:59 AM

Rock on.

Why don't you start a new email account, like a free one from Gmail, like [email protected], attach it to your Facebook account, and add it to your phone. Then you will only get Facebook notifications and not the other junk.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:04 AM
    So the short answer is - you can attach photos, but not videos. This is correct, right? Right now, the only way I am able to attach videos is by running a very old Android version of fb Messenger that is still compatible with BB10 Android runtime. I guess that is still my only option.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You can upload photos in any chat, timeline, comments, and so on., but not videos.
    04-25-16 10:26 AM
    Hi, I'm a lil confused. You said there was a free version to try. But I only see the paid version when I search bbw.
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-img_20160425_113748.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 11:41 AM
    Hi, I'm a lil confused. You said there was a free version to try. But I only see the paid version when I search bbw.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160425_113748.png 
Views:	721 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	398152

Posted via CB10
    as i said above:

At the beginning i uploaded both paid and free app. But in spite of the fact that i clarified the limitations of the free app (it was free, no charge, no trial) i got comments like "this is crap" and the guy didn't even read the description...
    The free version has many limitations. It doesnt plays HTML5 videos within the app, it doesnt allows image uploads, it dont open links on youtube clients or the browser, it doesnt redirect from email notifications to the app, and it doesnt have any system integration.

Since i can't add an expiration time to the full version to allow the full experience i decided to leave it at $1,99.

Regretfully, this happens also on google playstore.

Sorry but i took the decision that i think that could bring more benefits for me and the users.

Hope you understand.
    04-25-16 01:22 PM
    I just did purchase it. Hope that with support you can think about porting your apps to be native BB10 apps. The user experience is still better and we can have a full BB10 experience and not just an Android app running inside a BlackBerry 10 device. Also, it would be cool if you could think about a nice native Telegram BlackBerry 10 client... :-) but a native BB10 one, all we have so far are very bad...

Thanks for your support of the BB10 platform!

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and anon(9890022) like this.
    04-25-16 04:16 PM
    I just did purchase it. Hope that with support you can think about porting your apps to be native BB10 apps. The user experience is still better and we can have a full BB10 experience and not just an Android app running inside a BlackBerry 10 device. Also, it would be cool if you could think about a nice native Telegram BlackBerry 10 client... :-) but a native BB10 one, all we have so far are very bad...

Thanks for your support of the BB10 platform!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! The next release, will include visual improvements (a larger font for better readability) bug fixes to speed up the client, and i'm still working on the BlackBerry SDK and cascades, so i guess that i will made a full native app sooner or later. in the meantime, i plan to port (adapting them to fit with the font size and style of BlackBerry OS) other apps that i have on google playstore.

I really appreciate the support. I found sad that OS10 can be abandoned. I've tested almost all google DEV devices (nexus) and also apple ones. But i find OS10 pretty unique.
    elfabio80 and heepman like this.
    04-25-16 10:36 PM
    Glad to read. :-) Thanks, again. For your support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-26-16 05:00 PM
    Looks amazing.
    Can BlackBerry 10 retain the original facebook " not the update" or does it have to be deleted?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 10:18 AM
    Late to the party, what's the name of this app? I must have it!

Thanks, for supporting BB10 and giving nemory some competitiveness as I think that will help both apps. You seem very motivated.

-Catch

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 01:10 PM
    Did somebody say this is not native? An .Apk? Looks like using the mobile site? Let us know. No cascades?...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 01:16 PM
    The app STILL feels and looks very much like the web version of Facebook. Still no distinct and direct link to the Hub. Opening email notification from FB still opens the browser instead of Faceplus. I still cannot share picture(s) directly from the Camera and Pictures apps to the Faceplus.

I still can't even upload a picture from my Gallery. It says, "Video Uploading: 0%" and stuck there.

I have done an update to version 3, and it is now shown as one of the sharing medias whenever I want to share something to the Facebook, BUT once I hit the icon, all it does is showing a blank white and stuck there.

When I'm back from a web/browser link from a post in the Faceplus, the app only shows--drum roll--white blank and stuck there.

Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-27-16 at 08:55 PM.
    04-27-16 08:42 PM
    The app STILL feels and looks very much like the web version of Facebook. Still no distinct and direct link to the Hub. Opening email notification from FB still opens the browser instead of Faceplus. I still cannot share picture(s) directly from the Camera and Pictures apps to the Faceplus.

I still can't even upload a picture from my Gallery. It says, "Video Uploading: 0%" and stuck there.

I have done an update to version 3, and it is now shown as one of the sharing medias whenever I want to share something to the Facebook, BUT once I hit the icon, all it does is showing a blank white and stuck there.

When I'm back from a web/browser link from a post in the Faceplus, the app only shows--drum roll--white blank and stuck there.

Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    The app, is indeed ported. not an apk. And overall, is optimized to work with a Blackberry and not with android even being an apk. Consider the limitations working with android 4.3....

Yes, you actually CAN post directly from some system apps, or even third party apps (for instance, youtube clients like fastube can share to faceplus.) i explained it "Blaclberry doesn't haves a facebook api anymore. Hence, all notifications (push, headless, you name it) can't work properly, because the ways to push them is using your facebook ID asociated to your account, email and password. using your data, a developer can use your RSS feed to push "notifications" but the accuracy will be horrible..

Why i cant share pictures from the camera roll or videos? because, without an API, facebook is integrated AS MUCH AS IS POSSIBLE.. facebook, accepts URL's and plain text without any API. and that makes posible for Faceplus to share: any browser page from the share menu, news articles that uses the share button, youtube videos from the app, even some apps like evernote and others working with text and URL's will allow to share using Faceplus.

But, as i said, My main concern here, is THE PRIVACY of the users. so i will not ask you for your login details just to push you a notification. why? because i consider it unethical.

the app implements the full capabilities of the site including HTML5 video playing without leaving it and extras like open youtube videos on any youtube client. links to other pages on the BlackBerry browser and pretty much everything facebook offers.

The code, is optimized thinking on the HUB (yes. optimized with that in mind) since version 2.0.0.1 and you already have version 3. why optimized? because ANY FACEBOOK LINK INCLUDED ON EMAILS OR EVEN ON SMS'S can be openned with the app. and that will lead you directly to the place the notification is talking about.

I triyed other clients, and i decided to code this one because is FRUSTRATING to open a "notification" and end up on a group page lost in the timeline (????) and that happens, because as i said, without the api, the method of pulling the news from your notifications RSS has a lot of drawbacks one of them, is inacuracy. the mayor one is the absolute lack of privacy

I'm working (using my own server, so yet again, the user data and privacy is protected) to implement push notifications. but i'm still figuring out how.

The next release, will include a nice improvement on the readability, i increased the overall font size to avoid eye bleeding, and keeping things with a smooth apearence.

No. you can't do EVERYTHING with my app. nor with a native cascades app. nor with anyone.

And that's why i'm triying to provide the best experience. and i will keep working on it.
    Uzi and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    04-28-16 01:09 AM
    Did somebody say this is not native? An .Apk? Looks like using the mobile site? Let us know. No cascades?...

Posted via CB10
    Not an apk, since i used the blackberry developer tools to port it. is a bar file inside BlackBerry world. Is not native, but i worked to get the best results. i don't use any data from the users (you are interacting with facebook servers, not with me) and is optimized to work on any OS10 device.
    The browser, is not the same, since the browser lets your session (dangerously) open. this app, uses an encapsulated version of chromium compiled to replace the (terrible) webkit android browser from the android runtime and provide privacy and a nice experience, with some system integrations, and as i said, yes, notifications can be delivered via email, but if you select to open any of them with "open in" it will work pretty much as a normal notification.

The first thing to understand, is:

With no API to work with, it doesn't matters if i code on Java, C, or QML. the result is the same....

Yet again, i'll kepp you posted with new updates since i'm triying to implement a way to send you push notifications without any google service.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-28-16 01:17 AM

Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    One last thing: I don't have the video uploading x% bug on my old q10. but i installed the emulator and it seems like the android runtimes are NOT the same.

so far, i have 2 bugs on my list:

1- If you get stuck on any way uploading a picture from your timeline, cancel the upload and hit preview and you will see the uploaded picture. THIS DOESN'T HAPPENS IF YOU UPLOAD PICTURES FROM YOUR PROFILE.
    2-After sharing from the browser or other apps, you can get a white ecreen, or the facebook site for desktops. just close faceplus. the link has been shared, but the app was unable to close (witch is what should happen after sharing)

and yet again: facebook only accepts URL's or plain text to share. you can even share from the twitter native app to faceplus without a problem.

I assume you updated to V3.xxx
    04-28-16 01:23 AM
    I like it keep updating and you will gain a greater following

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 02:11 AM
    I like it keep updating and you will gain a greater following

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot!!
    04-28-16 02:14 AM
    Uploading pictures:

open the upload dialog. and choose a picture. touching the + sign.

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-1.png

Select a picture or take it with your camera:

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-2.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-3.png

Ignore the blank square with the plus sign, and hit "preview" you WILL notice the progress bar showing the upload progress.

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-4.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-5.png

Sharing: from twitter OFFICIAL app for BlackBerry...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-6.png

Hit on share and select faceplus...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-7.png

Share it...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-8.png

Close faceplus, since it's suposed to close itself... but i'm working on it.

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-10.png

You can check your timeline, at the moment, or just continue with your life, and open faceplus the next day. the link has been shared...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-11.png

So, this are the only bugs that i already explained. One of them is due to the lack of facebook's site capacity to share anything but URL's and text. so you will be able to share from some apps and not from others....

The "picture upload problem" is not a problem... in matter of fact, is a EPIC FAIL on facebook's page and javascript code. now, please, bhoqeem ASK and i will answer. via mail or here i am. but don't throw sh** on me. try with this guy:

I'm here to provide a nice client and help working without an API. The REAL a**hole is mark zuckerberg he is the one who decided to cut BlackBerry of the grid. not me.
    04-28-16 02:32 AM
    Uploading pictures:

open the upload dialog. and choose a picture. touching the + sign.

Name:	1.png 
Views:	591 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	398394

Select a picture or take it with your camera:

Name:	2.png 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	398395

Name:	3.png 
Views:	592 
Size:	399.1 KB 
ID:	398396

Ignore the blank square with the plus sign, and hit "preview" you WILL notice the progress bar showing the upload progress.

Name:	4.png 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	398397

Name:	5.png 
Views:	593 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	398398

Sharing: from twitter OFFICIAL app for BlackBerry...

Name:	6.png 
Views:	592 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	398399

Hit on share and select faceplus...

Name:	7.png 
Views:	589 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	398400

Share it...

Name:	8.png 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	398401

Close faceplus, since it's suposed to close itself... but i'm working on it.

Name:	10.png 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	398402

You can check your timeline, at the moment, or just continue with your life, and open faceplus the next day. the link has been shared...

Name:	11.png 
Views:	590 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	398403

So, this are the only bugs that i already explained. One of them is due to the lack of facebook's site capacity to share anything but URL's and text. so you will be able to share from some apps and not from others....

The "picture upload problem" is not a problem... in matter of fact, is a EPIC FAIL on facebook's page and javascript code. now, please, bhoqeem ASK and i will answer. via mail or here i am. but don't throw sh** on me. try with this guy:

https://www.google.com.ar/url?sa=i&r...61915029585010

I'm here to provide a nice client and help working without an API. The REAL a**hole is mark zuckerberg he is the one who decided to cut BlackBerry of the grid. not me.
    The closer you get the UI to looking like the old BBW facebook we became accustomed to, the greater chance this app has of being huge. In any case, thanks for all the detailed explanations and the great work on BB10, will be purchasing to test against Face10 which is getting better but looks so much like the Web version as do most other that I still find myself headed back to the original and still working (for now) blackberry facebook!...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 07:42 PM
    The closer you get the UI to looking like the old BBW facebook we became accustomed to, the greater chance this app has of being huge. In any case, thanks for all the detailed explanations and the great work on BB10, will be purchasing to test against Face10 which is getting better but looks so much like the Web version as do most other that I still find myself headed back to the original and still working (for now) blackberry facebook!...

Posted via CB10
    You will still feel this client as a "webclient" because is based on the webversion os facebook. In upcoming updates, i will bypass many android trash that makes the screen readability smaller. But, remember, i'm still using facebook web interface and some web based hacks to share from the browser, twitter and some apps.

Please: keep in mind: you can post pictures FROM the app. since facebook will only take URL's and text as "sharing" some apps will share direct from the system and others wont. For intance: twitter works, because is sharing a URL, the same if you share any website from the broser. But this will not work from the camera directly since facebook use "securirty" measures to keep people away from creating a client that doesn't play with privacy...
    04-28-16 11:14 PM
90 1234