Any Comixology fans out there will be pleased to know that today they updated the app to free the shackles of BlackBerry and we have Apple to thank. The Verge reports that now Comixology is owned by Amazon, it appears the Kindle model of web based purchases is taking effect to remove the overhead of 30% going to Apple or Google. While Apple forces the levy for all on device purchases, Google does not meaning that the Android version 3.6 of the app can provide in-app payments linked to the native Comixology payment system.
    Any Comics fans previously using BB10 devices would have had to make purchases on another device or the website up till now. Instead the app will use the default payment method associated with your account on the Comixology website such as PayPal prividing users with a near seamless experience. If anything, the app update presents a problem for anyone who might give their device to a friend or child in that there is nothing to prompt you to enter your password in once you have signed into the app.
    Comixology goes in app purchasing only...and frees BB10!-img_20140428_112024.png
    Despite detractors (read Apple fans), this is an incredible move for users of BlackBerry devices. I doubt that Comixology had us in mind when they made this move, but I am very greatful to them! And as you can see form the above screen shot, it works well on the Z30. I am now happily reading Spider-Man Blue...
    04-28-14 06:33 AM
    Great news for Comics fans. Thanks!
    04-28-14 06:35 AM
    Does this still work? I'm trying to read Earth 2 on my Z10, but it keeps bringing me back to the My Comics listing with only the preview pages shown beneath the corner art. I wish we had a native version or that there was an Android version available through Amazon

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 08:07 PM