Interesting perspective. The camera on my Dell Venue Pro was horrible, but I found the Windows OS to be far more user friendly.
    ... Just goes to show everything is a matter of perception.

Nice and same thoughts!
    For me I used a second hand 920 for about 10 weeks then it was passed on to someone else.

So being a windows phone since 2011, I was really set to buy the 925. But by the time it reached my shores the 1020 was announced and I almost bought it later on.

Thankfully the 1020 was announced and I waited for it as during the wait the BlackBerry Z30 was announced and now it's my great phone! (in the end I chose Z30 over 1020,and no regrets )

For me I got bored of windows phone and found the changes slow and little, it was a matter of camera vs OS

Posted with my BlackBerry
    10-16-14 04:19 PM
    Interesting perspective. The camera on my Dell Venue Pro was horrible, but I found the Windows OS to be far more user friendly.
    Yeah, the Venue was my first Windows Phone, but only for a short time as I found it to be too bulky, the battery pretty poor, the keyboard not on par with any BlackBerry I was using at that time for business and the camera - you said it.

I don't deny WP7 & 8 being user friendly, but they just don't fit my current needs, as I use my phone primarily as communication device, and that's where they failed (for me).

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:02 PM
    I agree, I find both OSes intuitive.
    Windows phone is responsive and the buttons are located below for easy reach for instance the check item button is below, and can be accessed quickly without opening the right menu like on BlackBerry.

But some things like having so many settings with no icons and no ability to rearrange (BlackBerry will get an update to rearrange settings menu) is quite a pain.

Animations are too much too if you want to do fast work in my opinion.

Both having said that, it's nicely done as well and these 2 OSes get more updates with more features than other OSes

For me it's BlackBerry 10, Windows phone 8, then maybe iOS or Android.
    I actually like smaller OSes like jolla sailfish and the old meego, or Web OS but don't find it practical as a daily driver for now

10-16-14 08:28 PM
    Yeah, the Venue was my first Windows Phone, but only for a short time as I found it to be too bulky, the battery pretty poor, the keyboard not on par with any BlackBerry I was using at that time for business and the camera - you said it.

I don't deny WP7 & 8 being user friendly, but they just don't fit my current needs, as I use my phone primarily as communication device, and that's where they failed (for me).

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm talking about too.
    But I while I find windows phone user friendly in many areas, it isn't in other areas, like the multitasking app switcher where holding the back button is not very fast or intuitive.
    But if I would choose a second phone, it would definitely be windows phone, probably a lumia 830.

Of course, As Tim said, it is also a matter of taste

However, after using BlackBerry and enjoying it's features, I think I will find it hard or disappointing to switch back to windows phone as a primary phone.

We know that windows phone is built around the people hub, it integrated beautifully (just that sometimes the profile picture of people keep changing to those that I don't want) but for me I don't use social media as much. (that's why I can live with the poorer BlackBerry 10 social media function offerings)

I would be pleased as the aesthetics, maybe for a while, but can't enjoy the peek and flow, file manager, great browser and ability to Download files from the Internet easily, thanks to BlackBerry.

While I prefer BlackBerry 10 over windows phone for my communicating needs where it excels, windows phone is really a great OS and I'm sure it will be even better when it integrates with windows 10.in the future

10-16-14 08:38 PM
29 12