09-25-18 09:50 PM
9,524 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Yeah worried me for a bit to lol its all that background stuff apparently, Will balance out

Passport/10.3.1.2480 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    03-03-15 12:53 PM
    After instaling new update 10.3 .... my cell bettery is going down within 5 to 6 hours... please tell me what to do..???

Posted via CB10
    A general first step would be to post in the appropriate thread.
    03-03-15 03:49 PM
    Youtube is not working properly. App opens and load suggestions but when I try to play the video keeps on loading but never played. Some apps installed from Google play store also have similar problem. It shows "error downloading content please check your Internet connection " even my phone is connected to internet

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:51 AM
    Youtube is not working properly. App opens and load suggestions but when I try to play the video keeps on loading but never played. Some apps installed from Google play store also have similar problem. It shows "error downloading content please check your Internet connection " even my phone is connected to internet

Posted via CB10
    You need to patch YouTube

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:30 AM
    Hello.
    Has anyone managed to run Google Calendar (android app) on BB OS 10.3?
    I have tried Google Play Services & Lucky Patcher (to patch the apk) but it does not synchronise with the google calendar.
    Thanks.
    03-07-15 09:14 AM
    I'm trying to install Snapchat but I'm having some issues.

When asked to uninstall the unpatch version before installing the patched version...do I just delete the app or do I need to do something else?

Sorry if this way sound dumb but I've tried everything and all I get is this...

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150307_233458.png

Posted via CB10
    mighthor likes this.
    03-07-15 10:35 PM
    I'm trying to install Snapchat but I'm having some issues.

When asked to uninstall the unpatch version before installing the patched version...do I just delete the app or do I need to do something else?

Sorry if this way sound dumb but I've tried everything and all I get is this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150307_233458.png 
Views:	4527 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	339650

Posted via CB10
    Download an older version of Snapchat ( i did it with version 8). Go to your browser, type Snapchat version 8. Download it from on of the website, install the apk, sign in, and then update Snapchat to the latest version.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:47 PM
    I know there are scattered reports or mentions of which Google Apps work throughout this forum, but I thought it would be nice to make a list of which ones work (or how they work), and if there were any special tips or tricks you used to get them to work. We know Maps is special.

I was going to create a new thread, but I didn't want to get stomped on so I figured this was the best place to post this. If there's a mod out there who thinks this *should* be a thread (and yes, I did search before I wrote this), then go ahead and do your magic.

I am talking specifically about *Google* Apps, made by Google.

All the following have been patched with Lucky Patcher, unless otherwise noted.

Chrome -- com.android.chrome-39.02.2171.59 -- I'm able to sign in and access all my synced bookmarks. Ultimately, I'd like to sign in with my work account as well.

Drive -- v. 2.1495.1035 -- crashed the first time I opened it, but then opened and I was able to manage files. However, a short time later, the app will randomly open with an error message about it stopping unexpectedly and options to close the app or report the issue. I closed it, and was able to reopen it. As with Chrome, I'd like to be able to switch between my personal and work accounts.

Docs -- v.1.5072.1034 -- opened and allowed me to create and edit documents. The link to open Drive just crashed, but that's workable, since I have the Drive icon right next to Docs. Tried adding the work account, but no success yet. Could that be because I have that email address already installed on my phone (as a Microsoft Exchange account so it will work with our corporate wifi)?

Gmail -- v.1.0.501.20 -- just as I added my work address, I got the "unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped," but the app opened, complete with both email addresses listed. Then I chose to sync the personal account and all hell broke loose! Gmail stopped, and Drive popped open a couple times with the same error message.

I deleted the patched app, and installed the unpatched one. I got the error about GPS not being supported on this device, but the app still opened. It seemed to hang for a bit, so I closed it, reopened it, and it appeared to be retrieving my messages from the server. (all the while, Drive kept popping open with the same error message). Then I got the "GPS has stopped" message again.

Deleted the unpatched one, and installed a patched v.1.0.500.660 that I had downloaded in January. This one worked with both accounts.

Hangouts -- now that Hangouts isn't tied to Google+ anymore, you'd think we'd be able to make it work. I get as far as trying to sign in, and I get "can't connect -- try again later" error.

YouTube -- v.1.1.85.3130 -- would be nice to be able to sign in and manage channels and subscriptions, and upload, but...

Authenticator -- v.2.49 -- works. This will be good for anyone who uses 2-step authentication for your Google accounts -- now you can get codes on your phone, apparently even in airplane mode!

I got fed up with Drive and its psycho behaviour, so I deleted it and Docs still worked -- with both personal and work accounts!

Question for @Cobalt -- is there a way to keep Google Play Services from shutting down?

Other Google Apps to try and add to the list -- Inbox, Calendar, Translate, Earth, Sheets, Keep, Slides, Text-to-Speech, Classroom (for the teachers out there)...
    tatail, svelt and Ewaee like this.
    03-08-15 12:09 AM
    Google Play Services has evolved to a state where it almost can't be patched anymore. There is an open source project on Github, that targets to emulate GPS on non Google devices. I'm following this project and will try to adapt it for BlackBerry. But it won't be easy. The main issue is, that even the opensource GPS requires root access. We'll see how this all works out.
    03-08-15 04:36 AM
    I have done it. But it didn't work. For youtube I have used the patched apk that is posted in this thread.
    03-08-15 11:50 AM
    Google Play Services has evolved to a state where it almost can't be patched anymore. There is an open source project on Github, that targets to emulate GPS on non Google devices. I'm following this project and will try to adapt it for BlackBerry. But it won't be easy. The main issue is, that even the opensource GPS requires root access. We'll see how this all works out.
    You could do it! I believe in you

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:07 PM
    Hey Cobalt! Great work! It works perfectly on my passport. I have another issue. Do you have a fix for paring my passport with the Sony sw2 or sw3 smartwatch? Thanks a lot I will donate to you especially if you can get the smartwatch up an running with bb 10.
    03-08-15 02:31 PM
    Hi cobalt, a question.

Some of the gaming apps required Google Play Games App.

Do you have a patched apk file of GP Games app? Because I received notifications which in state that Google Play Services is needed but I already have installed a patched version of Google Play Services. My BlackBerry Device (Passport) runs on BBOS 10.3.1.XXXX.

When I tried to patch the GP Games app with Lucky Patcher, after that I installed the patched version of it. I received another notification which in state that Google Play Service occurs unknown error.

So I don't understand. Could you help me to solve this issue and do you have the fix for this? My goal is to install and play the android gaming app called '' Sonic Runners ''.
    03-08-15 05:13 PM
    Google Play Games require a Google+ login to save game states. This is currently not supported. Maybe in the future.
    03-09-15 09:40 AM
    I did all above. I can open Google play and download/buy. However, when I open them I still get a error message saying I need 'google play services". I installed Lucky patcher and followed the directions and I still get that message. Can anyone help? THANKS
    03-09-15 04:52 PM
    I did all above. I can open Google play and download/buy. However, when I open them I still get a error message saying I need 'google play services". I installed Lucky patcher and followed the directions and I still get that message. Can anyone help? THANKS
    You need to install patched Google play services as well... and patch the app itself using lucky patcher.
    choward702 likes this.
    03-09-15 07:44 PM
    Google Play Games require a Google+ login to save game states. This is currently not supported. Maybe in the future.
    Okay. I understand and it's clear to me now.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:37 PM
    Hi where can I find the apk files for apps downloaded with Snap v3

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:15 PM
    Hi where can I find the apk files for apps downloaded with Snap v3

Posted via CB10
    In the Snap thread somewhere...

*rimshot*

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    Sally Mack likes this.
    03-09-15 10:30 PM
    Can you tell me where to find the patched Google Play services? THANKS!
    03-10-15 02:14 PM
    Thanks a lot for all these services Cobalt. Finally took the plunge and was able to patch apps with Lucky patcher and the patched Google services apk.

Z10 Verizon Latest official/leaked OS
    03-10-15 06:24 PM
    Was getting excited sky go installs and signs in, can browse even watch the adverts but go to play and it says no Internet connection,oh well progress

03-11-15 01:39 PM
    Was getting excited sky go installs and signs in, can browse even watch the adverts but go to play and it says no Internet connection,oh well progress

I take it Mr cobalt there is nothing that can be done to the app to get round this? (more a question than a request)

03-11-15 04:55 PM
    Something has happened to my Play Store App. I can no longer get to the Play Store and have error message, Error retrieving information from server. [DF-DFERG-01] I've deleted and reinstalled the Play Store using the vending apk version 1.0.8032.1300. Never had a problem with this before, All my other Android apps are working, and Snap reaches the Play Store. It does list a new Google Play Services in Snap. Am I supposed to update this? I think I'm using the Cobalt adapted Play Services now.

Edit: OK--solved problem. Went to Play Store thread, DL'ed latest PS 8033.500, and it's working again.
    Another case of RTFM failure on my part.
    Last edited by KenV54; 03-13-15 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Solved problem
    03-13-15 12:07 PM
    Others have reported the same issue with the newest version as well, so you may be on to something. In all cases, an uninstall and reinstall fixed it. Are you on the latest BlackBerry Google id 2.02? That might help as well.
    03-13-15 05:51 PM
9,524 ... 4344454647 ...