Yalp Store stopped working on my Passport SE ,unable to get updates of the applications installed.

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    11-15-19 11:52 PM
    Yalp Store stopped working on my Passport SE ,unable to get updates of the applications installed.

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    11-16-19 12:05 AM
    I had already installed and tried it ( Yalpstore fork) but the result is same.

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    11-16-19 12:25 AM
    Ok, any chance you are aware of a working Twitter patch that I could use on my BB Passport? Thanks
    No, but you can use below apps

Native - Neatly, available in BlackBerry world
    Android - Twidere (Google search will bring apk)

They work very well on BB10

Posted from my Classic!
    11-16-19 01:13 AM
    Thank you for this.
    I'll try Native. I tried Twidere and it was half working only. No point when it won't load messages, right?

By the way, how about any of the old Twitter versions, I mean there are lot of those on apkmirror.com. They work to the point where you have to sign in, and then message comes up saying: "an error occurred, try again later". And this goes on in an endless loop with every old release I try. Any suggestions?
    Actually the newest old one is 7.55.0 and is from the last year, so not extremely old. Can't anyone have their way around?
    11-16-19 01:38 AM
    I had already installed and tried it ( Yalpstore fork) but the result is same.

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    I'm not having issues on any of my BB10 devices with Yalp. Try a reboot?
    11-16-19 10:13 AM
    Could be he/she is using the "spoof hardware" or "spoof google account" function as neither of those has worked for awhile now.
    11-16-19 10:44 AM
    I have not yet deleted the Cobalt stuff, Google Settings, GiD, Google Account Play Store. May be this problem is due to that. Should I remove Cobalt stuff?

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    11-16-19 11:04 AM
    I have not yet deleted the Cobalt stuff, Google Settings, GiD, Google Account Play Store. May be this problem is due to that. Should I remove Cobalt stuff?

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    Shouldn't conflict. But it's redundant.
    11-16-19 11:20 AM
    Thank you for this.
    I'll try Native. I tried Twidere and it was half working only. No point when it won't load messages, right?

By the way, how about any of the old Twitter versions, I mean there are lot of those on apkmirror.com. They work to the point where you have to sign in, and then message comes up saying: "an error occurred, try again later". And this goes on in an endless loop with every old release I try. Any suggestions?
    Actually the newest old one is 7.55.0 and is from the last year, so not extremely old. Can't anyone have their way around?
    Twidere won't load old messages but I believe it will load new messages as soon as you send them

Old version of twitter apks never work because they contain obsolete APIs. New version won't be compatible with ICS.

Try native Neatly or Blaq. Blaq will load all the new tweets the moment you open the app but it won't refresh the tweets thereafter and you have to reopen the app to load new tweets. This is wonderful app other than that limitation.

Posted from my Classic!
    AccanthusSpring likes this.
    11-16-19 01:28 PM
    I see.

I have been trying to find and run Blaq, but I can't find a link to it because obviously the app is no longer in development. Anyway, it would be great to give it a try. Are you able to suggest a link?
    11-16-19 01:42 PM
    I see.

I have been trying to find and run Blaq, but I can't find a link to it because obviously the app is no longer in development. Anyway, it would be great to give it a try. Are you able to suggest a link?
    Check out Blaq for Twitter in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26733874

Posted from my Classic!
    11-16-19 01:45 PM
    How about the new Bird 10 that people have reported for Twitter access ? Supposed to be BB10 native too....
    11-16-19 02:07 PM
    How about the new Bird 10 that people have reported for Twitter access ? Supposed to be BB10 native too....
    Functionality is too limited to the twitter feed navigation and no reply and message options

Posted from my Classic!
    11-16-19 02:20 PM
    Functionality is too limited to the twitter feed navigation and no reply and message options

Posted from my Classic!
    It’s BB10 so once Twitter pulled the official app, either adapt the app or adapt the device.
    11-16-19 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the link, but it is empty. There is no content accessible. Definitely not available on BB World! Is it not possible to be found elsewhere on the internet? I looked up for it, but couldn't come across anything.
    11-17-19 01:13 AM
    Thanks. I looked into it, but it may take a little time to try that one. Seems to be in early stages of becoming a real app. In the meantime would be great if someone knew a working link to Blaq. Have been willing to give it a try for long time now, but as the app has been pulled from development it seems to be unavailable on the internet. A .bar file can also be an option.
    11-17-19 01:19 AM
    Thanks. I looked into it, but it may take a little time to try that one. Seems to be in early stages of becoming a real app. In the meantime would be great if someone knew a working link to Blaq. Have been willing to give it a try for long time now, but as the app has been pulled from development it seems to be unavailable on the internet. A .bar file can also be an option.
    I have installed blaq before and that's why it shows in the list of available apps under "MY apps" in BBW. And as you said, we can't locate it by search.

If you have previously installed the blaq, pls check in available apps in BBW

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 04:54 AM
    @cobalt is there any technical reason to as why an updated PlayStore build can't be released? As Android 4.3 devices still support current PlayStore versions, there should not be any issues. If it's due to time constraints or lack of funding then please kindly let us know so that the community can appoint a new person to assist or raise funding to support development of your solution.

Would love to see at least one more update before the end of 2019 especially now than Yalp store is starting to have issues. Lets work on this all together.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 08:50 AM
    @cobalt is there any technical reason to as why an updated PlayStore build can't be released? As Android 4.3 devices still support current PlayStore versions, there should not be any issues. If it's due to time constraints or lack of funding then please kindly let us know so that the community can appoint a new person to assist or take over development of your solution.

Would love to see at least one more update before the end of 2019 especially now than Yalp store is starting to have issues. Lets work on this all together.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 08:57 AM
    @cobalt is there any technical reason to as why an updated PlayStore build can't be released? As Android 4.3 devices still support current PlayStore versions, there should not be any issues. If it's due to time constraints or lack of funding then please kindly let us know so that the community can appoint a new person to assist or raise funding to support development of your solution.

Posted via CB10
    Google Play Services can't be updated, thus an updated Play Store wouldn't work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-19 01:52 PM
    Sometime around two, maybe three years ago now, Google updated the Play Services back-end. Ever since, as apps in the Play Store were updated, and we patched them on our BB10 phones, we started seeing errors about requiring updated Play Services to run.

Cobalt never updated the Play Services app, so more and more apps become unusable as they were updated, even after patching. I can only assume that something about the Play Services update at the time prevented Cobalt from being able to update his patched Play Services app. I never saw an actual explanation.

Only that he was then focused on the BlackBerry Manager to port the Priv apps, then later, the whole Hub+ suite and vkb, to other Android phones.
    11-17-19 03:04 PM
    Sometime around two, maybe three years ago now, Google updated the Play Services back-end. Ever since, as apps in the Play Store were updated, and we patched them on our BB10 phones, we started seeing errors about requiring updated Play Services to run.

Cobalt never updated the Play Services app, so more and more apps become unusable as they were updated, even after patching. I can only assume that something about the Play Services update at the time prevented Cobalt from being able to update his patched Play Services app. I never saw an actual explanation.

Only that he was then focused on the BlackBerry Manager to port the Priv apps, then later, the whole Hub+ suite and vkb, to other Android phones.
    That's what I think they want to know... is it that he couldn't technically do it, or just that he didn't want to invest his time into it?

Either way there is less reason for him to do it now than there was two years ago. FDroid works better as you can still access older versions of apps. With Google Play you would find very few Android 4.3 compatible apps at this point.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-19-19 03:47 PM
    I have done Reboot many times but Yalp is not updating my applications???

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    11-20-19 07:32 AM
    I have done Reboot many times but Yalp is not updating my applications???

Passport SE 10.3.3.3216
    Are you logging in with your own Google account?
    The built-in account doesn't seem to work anymore...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-19 08:07 AM
9,813 ... 387388389390391 ...